Arron Sears G Rd 2-------2007

Chris Denman T Rd 7-----2007

Davin Joseph G Rd 1-----2006

Jeremy Trueblood T Rd 2--2006

Chris Colmer T Rd 3------2005

Dan Buenning G Rd 4------2005

Jeb Terry G Rd 5----------2004

At least he's drafted OL

the funny thing is no one here will ever be happy. Vinnys gone and now all i see is b****** about how this new guy drafts. Well, both teams be has been on have gone to a superbowl. Besides; the draft is a crapshoot, you know it.

+1 ................

I can't believe some of these posts.Recognized around the league as a laughingstock, Ceratto has goten the axe, which is the best situation we could have hoped for. The Bucs owner was very tight in the wallet, and regardless of the fact, it was Tampa. The role of a REAL gm is to get a good idea and some insight on what his team wants to be, and what kind of players said team is looking for, he just does'nt do what the hell he wants. His draft history in Tampa really does'nt matter a whole lot right now. I like some of his picks. If it was'nt fo Gruden playing musical chairs with the QB's, this would have been a great team. You saw what they did with Garcia. The only reason the Bucs are bad now is because they had a lot of old players, and they had to get younger, so they blew it up.

I can't believe some of these posts.Recognized around the league as a laughingstock, Ceratto has goten the axe, which is the best situation we could have hoped for. The Bucs owner was very tight in the wallet, and regardless of the fact, it was Tampa. The role of a REAL gm is to get a good idea and some insight on what his team wants to be, and what kind of players said team is looking for, he just does'nt do what the hell he wants. His draft history in Tampa really does'nt matte a whole lot right now.

Not only that, but he wasn't only a GM in Tampa. He was Oakland's GM for several years, too. And he did pretty well there.

What I see is...

7 draft picks

10 draft picks

10 draft picks

12 draft picks

8 draft picks

I was about to post the same thing. He values draft picks. The choices he's made in the OP are debatable but he stacks picks and drafts lineman. So that would be definite improvement over our recent draft history. The majority of the board, myself included, has wanted a GM that valued the draft and the Offensive and Defensive line. Bruce Allen is that at the very least.

During his Raiders years, the man KNEW how to pick a CB, that's what I noticed. That AND he drafts linemen a LOT, which I'm really really happy about. He was able to build a team that was SB caliber for a couple years, in spite of a meddling owner. Sounds great to me.

The Bucs don't spend money, so no surprise they slowly crumbled, but those Bucs drafts were not very good, from first glance.

I actually hope Scott Campbell and Rocco stay, I don't think we'll be as bad as those Bucs drafts if they do. I think most of Vinny's success in the past two drafts is in direct relation with Campbell (Scott not Jason) being here.

My opinion is that any change is a good change. Cerrato was a yes man to Snyder, allowing him to play fantasy football with the skins. I am surprised was not retained in some capacity but maybe his ego would not let him take a demotion. As far as Bruce Allen, his demise came in Tampa, along with Gruden, because they could not find a qb after Gannon. He was also in a small market with an owner who didn't spend money. I think he has experience running a team, will hire his coach, and will be much better than Vinny running the Redskins.

Some really big names he drafted for the Raiders: Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Woodson, and La'Roi Glover BUT he drafted Sebastian Janikowski in the 1st Round!!

1st rnd is kinda lame BUT, how has their kicking game been since getting him? HAS to be better than ours lol.

I'm not sold right away on Allen, but I am optimistic and it looks to be a step in the right direction. This guy can prove himself here and if he gets us back where we need to be, it will go a long way for repairing this franchise.

Here's to remaining optimistic :point2sky

The funny thing is no one here will ever be happy. Vinnys gone and now all I see is B****** about how this new guy drafts. Well, both teams be has been on have gone to a superbowl. Besides; the draft is a crapshoot, you know it.

Seriously.. Can't go even 4 hours after great news, and then announcing the new guy people are already whining about something that has yet to be proven. He's in a completely different place with a much different money flow. Lets just wait and see what happens here.

From the St. Pete Times, January 2009:

The Bruce Allen era as general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article968391.ece

Kinda underwhelming, but what do I know? I'm thinking it's a step in the right direction, at the very least.

I like this a lot from the article.

Allen leaves the Bucs in a far better salary cap situation than he did Oakland, in part because he has been able to cut ties with veteran players whose best days were behind them, something he didn't do with the Raiders.

I actually hope Scott Campbell and Rocco stay, I don't think we'll be as bad as those Bucs drafts if they do. I think most of Vinny's success in the past two drafts is in direct relation with Campbell (Scott not Jason) being here.

That is what I'm hoping for too. I feel like our scouting department is very good and our recent drafts have actually been very successful, we've just lacked the number of picks and the direction to make use of our eyes for talent.

That is what I'm hoping for too. I feel like our scouting department is very good and our recent drafts have actually been very successful, we've just lacked the number of picks and the direction to make use of our eyes for talent.

Absolutely, the managing of contracts and trading for washed up veterans has handicapped our drafting.

Allen was not good at building an offensive personnel squad in Tampa Bay -- they were notorious for reaching for guys who were major injury risks, and his draft picks were not better than Cerrato's.

Let's just look at first rounders. In 2004, Allen drafted Michael Clayton -- Cerrato drafted Sean Taylor. In 05, Cadillac Williams, while Cerrato took Rogers and Campbell. In 06, Guard Davin Joseph (probably his best pick), Cerrato took Rocky McIntosh (in the 2nd, they'd traded the first to get Campbell the prior year). In 07, Gaines Adams (unquestionably his worst pick, a total bust who they've already traded) which is made all the worse because he actually passed on Adrian Peterson -- of course, so did Cerrato, because he took LaRon Landry (not a bad choice, but ADRIAN PETERSON). In his final draft, Allen took Aqib Talib -- a decent corner but not worth a first rounder, at least not thus far, while of course Cerrato had the three 2nd rounders.

One thing you should note: unlike Cerrato, Allen had several players who were massive busts. Dexter Jackson, the WR he drafted in the 2nd round last year, could not catch and could not take a hit -- he was cut after only seeing the field for seven games.

Don't get me wrong, he'll be better than Cerrato in a lot of ways, but I am sure he comes with his own deficiencies.

BD

Some really big names he drafted for the Raiders: Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Woodson, and La'Roi Glover BUT he drafted Sebastian Janikowski in the 1st Round!!

While I agree, personally, I think that one has Al Davis written all over it. Janikowski has actually be pretty good, so I can't completely slam the pick, just the timing. What I like is that he was able to put together a team that was SB caliber for serveral years in a row, all while working with a meddling owner. So......pretty much exactly what we need here.

The quote you gave pretty much tells me we should get ready to say goodby to Portis, and a bunch of our other vets.

Needs to happen, jettison the players and their contracts. Stick to our young guys on the team who have earned a spot these past few weeks. I hope he sticks to keeping Levi, Mike Williams, and Heyer around, they're all solid depth if not starters.

As for his drafting, it seems just as hit or miss as Vinny or Joe's was. It's the free agency moves Vinny made that brings him down, and maybe Allen won't be as keen on free agency?

The Bucs o-line was good last year, and they're all young with talent. Think of what Buges could do with a young o-line made up of players drafted in the first two rounds.

That list of players is terrible.

davin joseph, trueblood, sears, and zuttah are all very good promising young starting lineman. id take any of those 4 over anyone on our oline.

also, barrett ruud is a machine and talib, although i didnt think it would happen, has been very good so far.

Archived