Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen Draft History

Commander Adama

Drafts A LOT of defense. A LOT.

It'll be interesting to see how he does on a team that has much more pressing offensive needs than defensive.

Not a fan of that at all. In his analysis of this team, Allen has to see that the pressing needs are on the offensive side of the ball. OL and a lot of that.

I got a text from a bucs fan here at school simply laughing at me--not good--and the draft history doesn't look good either. Also, if you look at the records, the Bucs were a Super Bowl Team in 2002 and they only had one 10+ win season after Allen was hired (11-5, lost to Redskins in that 17-10 offensive thriller in his second year). Additionally, he had all those defensive players from the Dungy era to keep the team afloat for a while. On the bright side, at least here's a guy who will attempt to build a team the right way (offensive line focus, draft picks)--which the last guy didn't do. The question is whether he can execute. Considering recent history this "baby step" improvement is one I'll take and will wait and see before I judge.

That and $2.25 will get you a tall coffee. A Bucs fan laughing? Whatever.

If you recall, Allen was brought in to make the picks Gruden wanted made (which is why Rich McKay left Tampa). I see some terrific picks and some not so terrific picks by Allen. More importantly (b/c of the crapshoot nature of the draft), I see some quantity.

I think his drafts were decent. A few sleepers here and there. Like someone else mentioned, in all of those drafts his teams had a bunch of picks. Which is always a good start. Now we don't know what those teams needed every year and such. Doesn't look like he is a afraid to build up the lines, which is a good thing too.

The Raiders and Bucs went to the Super Bowl.

Not saying Bruce Allen was responsible for it but he was there for both appearances.

He was there for Oakland's. He seems to have had a better track record with Oakland than Tampa, but who knows what that means?

Name me someone available who has a sterling draft track record. Shanahan? Nope. Holmgren? Actually, relieved of his GM duties while in Seattle. Casserly? Please. Doesn't mean that any of these guys wouldn't make excellent GMs for this team. By the same token, it doesn't mean Allen won't make an excellent GM for the team. And the key is that he's GENERAL MANAGER.

I think people are forgetting the Skins will have a competely different scouting dept underneath him. It's not like he's scouting and grading these players all by himself. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the coaching staff will give him needs and wants based on different player's abilities and system. Let's not start ****ig and moaning the day the dude is hired.

Archived