Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry (RIP): Family Guy

'Skins_&_'Stons

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/21987045/detail.html

"Tree trimmer Lee Hardy told reporters Thursday that he was working in a tree in a yard near the road when he saw the pickup approaching "pretty fast."

Hardy said the pickup came to a quick stop at an intersection.

"And that's when I heard him yelling at her that he wanted to talk," Hardy said. "'We need to talk, we need to talk.'" Hardy said the woman inside was saying "No, I don't want to talk, get off the truck, get out of the truck."

As the truck pulled away, Hardy said he heard Henry say "If you take off, I'm going to jump out and kill myself."

Hardy said the truck disappeared from view and he went back to work on the tree. He said in the distance he heard the truck stop quickly, but thought nothing of it until police cars began arriving from both directions."

Don't act like he doesn't have a huge criminal background.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2009-12-17-chris-henry-mainbar-charlotte_N.htm

He said he'd kill himself if she drove off. Looks like he got his wish. So, again, I say, "Screw him."

I was not aware that "huge" criminal background meant someone was physically abusive.

The problem is, you say that he "got his wish" but the story seems to confirm what I said that he wanted to TALK. Nowhere here do we see "abusive." Mentally off? Perhaps. Stupid and impulsive? Sure.

But abusive or someone worthy of being discarded mentally with a "screw him?" No.

Frankly, you can't have it both ways. Either he is a "wife beater" and "deserves it" or he had mental issues or simply misjudged how fast he was going and the danger to himself if he leaped out of the truck and perhaps is worthy of some compassion.

Being a hard-ass here doesn't make sense. Again, you posters who apparently have never known flawed people you cared for (not murderers or psychopathic abusers, but just flawed people or mentally ill) are a strange lot.

I was not aware that "huge" criminal background meant someone was physically abusive.

The problem is, you say that he "got his wish" but the story seems to confirm what I said that he wanted to TALK. Nowhere here do we see "abusive." Mentally off? Perhaps. Stupid and impulsive? Sure.

But abusive or someone worthy of being discarded mentally with a "screw him?" No.

Frankly, you can't have it both ways. Either he is a "wife beater" and "deserves it" or he had mental issues or simply misjudged how fast he was going and the danger to himself if he leaped out of the truck and perhaps is worthy of some compassion.

Being a hard-ass here doesn't make sense. Again, you posters who apparently have never known flawed people you cared for (not murderers or psychopathic abusers, but just flawed people or mentally ill) are a strange lot.

You have a lot of compassion for a dead man who hopped in the back of a pickup truck of a woman who was fleeing from him. On top of that, he was beating at the back window trying to get in. The fact that he died from doing this means nothing to me. I've never called him a wife beater, but I will say I don't give a crap that he's dead.

Really, man?

He was someone's son. He was someone's father. Put yourself in the situation. What if it was YOUR dad. What if it was YOUR son.

The nerve of some people. :(

If he did the things Chris Henry has done? **** him.

You're talking to a guy who until yesterday, had a signature featuring Jason Campbell as a retard.

What else is there to expect?

RIP Chris Henry.

Don't worry, that'll come back. This was my original signature, and it's currently back to celebrate the recent news.

Imagine a woman who had chased a man (but there is no evidence of abuse) and jumped into the back of a truck and banged on the back window to get him to stop. If she died, you would not say "screw her" and you know this to be true.

Actually, let me add to that. If it's true Elin was hitting Tiger with a club, would you say "screw her" if she got killed? What if she wasn't hitting him with a club but just generally running and yelling after himi? Is that worthy of death?

I must have missed this. On the first paragraph, why would I change my stance simply because she's a woman? Do they deserve special treatment? Are we not equals? The point is that she was fleeing from him, and he was doing his best to prevent that.

Secondly, if Elin were shot and killed because she was chasing after Tiger with a club, that would be perfectly justified, unless you don't think a golf club can be a deadly weapon.

You have a lot of compassion for a dead man who hopped in the back of a pickup truck of a woman who was fleeing from him. On top of that, he was beating at the back window trying to get in. The fact that he died from doing this means nothing to me. I've never called him a wife beater, but I will say I don't give a crap that he's dead.

Don't worry, that'll come back. This was my original signature, and it's currently back to celebrate the recent news.

30uzf28.jpg

I must have missed this. On the first paragraph, why would I change my stance simply because she's a woman? Do they deserve special treatment? Are we not equals? The point is that she was fleeing from him, and he was doing his best to prevent that.

Secondly, if Elin were shot and killed because she was chasing after Tiger with a club, that would be perfectly justified, unless you don't think a golf club can be a deadly weapon.

You have no class WHAT SO EVER! Karma is coming for you.

Oh and who would shoot Elin, a dainty model, chasing Tiger Woods with a club? Get real you FOOL.

He died while doing something really dumb. I've never gotten to the point of potentially dying for something really dumb, but I've done a lot of dumb things before. Human nature and instincts cannot be controlled at times. It aint easy for certain people.

Say this is just one of Henry's women, then it's kinda creeper'ish. On the other hand, say this is the woman he planned on marrying and the mother of his current kids, then he really couldn't control his reactions at the thought of losing her.

Maybe she was fearful for her life, and he was overreacting. For that matter, maybe she was overreacting to something he said or did. We won't know the whole story even if he were alive as both sides would potentially fudge the truth.

Until proven otherwise, I would not drop his death as low as I view the Steve McNair murder and still feel sorry for the guy. He was a dumb player with all his off-field transgressions, but I have no problem with someone trying to change all that legitimately.

Screw him.

If this report is accurate

wow.

Last time I jumped the gun on the mods not throwing down the ban hammer when people were calling for a JC injury so I don't want to do it again, when it comes to sports/politics/religion I could careless what is said but there needs to be some level of decency when it comes to deaths and injuries. It's disgusting there are people like you.

You have no class WHAT SO EVER! Karma is coming for you.

Oh and who would shoot Elin, a dainty model, chasing Tiger Woods with a club? Get real you FOOL.

You don't think women can kill people? I don't think it's me that's the fool. The Tiger Woods comparison was a stupid one, anyway. Chris Henry, by all accounts, died while comitting a criminal act. That doesn't deserve sympathy nor respect.

wow.

Last time I jumped the gun on the mods not throwing down the ban hammer when people were calling for a JC injury so I don't want to do it again, when it comes to sports/politics/religion I could careless what is said but there needs to be some level of decency when it comes to deaths and injuries. It's disgusting there are people like you.

Boohoo, I have no sympathy for a criminal who died comitting yet another unlawful act. I'm going straight to hell. Karma's coming for me. I deserve to die because I don't give a crap about Chris Henry.

There are many more people that die every day that deserve more sympathy than Chris Henry, where are the bleeding hearts for them?

Boohoo, I have no sympathy for a criminal who died comitting yet another unlawful act. I'm going straight to hell. Karma's coming for me. I deserve to die because I don't give a crap about Chris Henry.

There are many more people that die every day that deserve more sympathy than Chris Henry, where are the bleeding hearts for them?

Or you could just shut the **** up? Nobody says I have a bleeding heart for the man I didn't know him. It is just appropiate human behavior to express sympathy for family of the deceased. He may or may not have been a criminal (unlike you I don't know the details of his life, and I wasn't there when he died) but he was still somebody's son, brother, father. You need to grow up and get over your own superiority.

Or you could just shut the **** up? Nobody says I have a bleeding heart for the man I didn't know him. It is just appropiate human behavior to express sympathy for family of the deceased. He may or may not have been a criminal (unlike you I don't know the details of his life, and I wasn't there when he died) but he was still somebody's son, brother, father. You need to grow up and get over your own superiority.

He may or may not have been a criminal? His rap (records of arrest and prosecution) sheet says he was, and he was comitting a criminal act before he died. These are facts.

I have never said I was superior to Chris Henry, but I find it oddly elitist of you to tell me how I should behave regarding his death. I have, not once, told anybody how they should act. I will now. Have sympathy for his children, and his family. They deserve it.

Chris Henry died in the comission of another criminal act, and I will never feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his children who will now grow up without a father. I feel sorry for his relatives that lost a son, brother, or cousin. I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for the man who caused all this grief.

He may or may not have been a criminal? His rap (records of arrest and prosecution) sheet says he was, and he was comitting a criminal act before he died. These are facts.

I have never said I was superior to Chris Henry, but I find it oddly elitist of you to tell me how I should behave regarding his death. I have, not once, told anybody how they should act. I will now. Have sympathy for his children, and his family. They deserve it.

Chris Henry died in the comission of another criminal act, and I will never feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his children who will now grow up without a father. I feel sorry for his relatives that lost a son, brother, or cousin. I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for the man who caused all this grief.

You're a joke. You're clearly making your argument to get attention.

Archived