Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Bruce Allen as the next general manager

themurf

sorry guys, but for me this feels like a "please the fans" move.

I was floored when Joe Gibbs came back but he didn't exactly destroy the NFCEast like he used to.

I feel like the last name "Allen" was more important to the decision than his resume was.

But I digress... I'll try to be patient with Bruce Allen.

I was floored when Joe Gibbs came back but he didn't exactly destroy the NFCEast like he used to.

I feel like the last name "Allen" was more important to the decision than his resume was.

I kinda get the same feeling. Waiting for an X redskins player to be named head coach now.

Confirms my biggest fears.

Also, look where the Bucs are now. They are in more disarray than us.

I don't have a good feeling about this hire.

Part of my understanding from things with Gruden and Allen after they left was that part of the problem was ownership at Tampa, who were the opposite of Snyder...NEVER wanting to spend any money, often willing to let people walk, and other things like that which could've played into it.

Come one guys..lets see this one through. We have a GM with real superbowl experience.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm excited about the change. I just admit I personally don't know too much about him other than his father. My worries from him being Tampa shouldn't deter me from liking him. He was never allowed to spend money in tampa. Snyder will at least give him the checkbook. I just hope the deciding factor wasn't his last name. That's like buying your grandmother a baseball glove for Christmas.

Yes, and I am pleased. Vinny is gone, this has to be a good move.

Man this means there were a whole bunch of secret meetings leading up to this, I don't know anything about Bruce Allen, but did we interview other people?

We should have interviewed every single qualified candidate and if we did and came out with this guy I'm fine, but this sounds like another rush job by Pretzel Boy.

You're all missing the real point here...

We have a real GM. Not a puppet. A GM.

I'm thrilled.

Will he bring us a Super Bowl? The jury is definitely out on that one. But he's a positive change in a bleak franchise. How can we not be excited?

Archived