Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Bruce Allen as the next general manager

themurf

I hate rumors, but this one comes from a solid source, so I figured I'd share with the class. As posted on my Twitter:

Consider this a rumor for now, but word on the street is that the Redskins might have a press conference soon to name Bruce Allen new GM.

He's a Virginia native and he's available, so it wouldn't shock me if this turns out to be true. Now, who would be the head coach? If Jon Gruden is truly unavailable because of his contract situation with Monday Night Football, then your guess if as good as mine as to who they'd go after if/when Jim Zorn is let go.

Wonder if Bruce will follow his fathers footsteps and bring back "The Future is Now" and the "Over the Hill Gang" ???

Or maybe just the unis??

Whoa...read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Allen_%28American_football%29

Bruce Allen is the General Manager of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. Prior to the announcement of Allen's position with the Redskins, Allen served as General Manager for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and as a Senior Executive with the Oakland Raiders from 1996 to 2003.

Or maybe just the unis??

Whoa...read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Allen_%28American_football%29

Bruce Allen is the General Manager of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. Prior to the announcement of Allen's position with the Redskins, Allen served as General Manager for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and as a Senior Executive with the Oakland Raiders from 1996 to 2003.

That's why wikipedia is not reliable. It hasn't happened yet. We'd know if it was "official".

Good choice if true. Now Danny needs to do what regular owners do, sit back and let football people handle their ****.

Bruce Allen is a fine GM. I would approve of his hiring as GM. It should be interesting to see how the offseason saga plays out; whether Zorn is retained, who gets the boot, etc

Archived