Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Vinny (a Kharma Thread)

Burgold

It has certainly been a rollercoaster and one with more screams than laughs, but you helped contribute some great players and moments to the Redskins Legacy.

Thank you for trading Coles for Moss. Without him we wouldn't have that fourth quarter in Dallas to remember. Thank you for your work this year in finding such scrap heap gems as Sherm Lewis, Levi Jones, Ganther, and Mike Williams without whom this season would have remained unbearable.

Thank you for finding Fletcher, Orapko, Carter, and always finding a way to get it done. You didn't always find the right pieces and you sometimes ignored large sections of the puzzle to get your prize, but you made off seasons exciting.

To paraphrase Brutus:

"In his death, let us remember the good things and let the bad be interred with his bones"

I wish you well.

Burgold you're a better man than I, there's no way I could have started this thread

It's been a hard season no doubt, make that several hard seasons, but I believe he tried hard to make magic. I think part of his flaw or part of the Redskins flaw is that they tried to make too much magic, and didn't want to do enough hard work. Training and sculpting players takes effort, trading and signing free agents is like adding hot water to the soup mix.

Thing is, instant soup never tastes as good as the real thing and I think the Redskins were far too slow to realize it.

Still, within the philosophy they attempted. Cerrato worked very hard and got much done.

Was reading this: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/cerrato-resigns-espn-980-repor.html#more

"I've had the pleasure of working with some great coaches such as Joe Gibbs, Greg Blache and Sherman Lewis, great people on the Redskins staff, and most especially, some of the best professionall football players in the world," Cerrato said. "I wish them all the best. I've also had the privilege of working for a franchise supported by the most loyal fans in the NFL."

Way to be classy, Vinny. Taking a shot at Zorn at the end. I retract my previous statement concerning you.

May a big door hit you, right where the good Lord split you! :mad:

One thing I have to say about Vinny, is during his time here we have had character guys on this football team. We have a team that is still playing hard at 4-8 and we never hear about our guys getting arrested or things like that. Besides the Darrell Russell fiasco and (to some) the Haynesworth signing, Vinny always brought in guys that had high character.

He may have sucked, but the amount of character we have on this team is something we should be proud of.

Vinny...

You took far more blame and far less credit than you deserved. And although you definitely were instrumental in a decade of mediocrity, you also were instrumental in the highs we Redskins fans enjoyed. Thanks for bringing the scouting talent and thick skin to your job, and for leaving us with some really good young players that can/will hopefully help take the Skins back to their place in the league as one of the best franchises in the NFL. God speed and good luck :cheers:...

Vinny...

You took far more blame and far less credit than you deserved. And although you definitely were instrumental in a decade of mediocrity, you also were instrumental in the highs we Redskins fans enjoyed. Thanks for bringing the scouting talent and thick skin to your job, and for leaving us with some really good young players that can/will hopefully help take the Skins back to their place in the league as one of the best franchises in the NFL. God speed and good luck :cheers:...

Nice post and probably true.

Thanks for bringing in some great players, being a good friend to our owner (though a good friend isn't what he needs for a GM) and doing your best to put together a competitive football team.

I hope to see you on TV, you were good as an analyst.

.........you always have acting:(

Archived