Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How it might play out...

Hitman21ST

All right, so with the new occurances (Redskins showing life on offense, Vinny resigning, etc.) I've been thinking, and this is what I'd like to see happen:

Zorn and Campbell stay around, but now with a competent GM

Portis, Betts, and Randle El go (all could fetch mid to low round picks, Portis maybe more)

Todd Collins goes

Use early round pick to draft an outside linebacker (so we can put Orakpo's hand in the dirt every play)

Shore up O-line with FA and mid rounders

Use low round pick on a ballhawk Free Safety (to put LaRon back at strong where he belongs) if there's one available or a QB to push Colt for the #2 job

What do you think?

i hope zorn and JC stay

i hope the new GM really runs the team - not a puppet.

I hope the GM gives Zorn the control to do what previously would be 'outragous' things, like bench portis if he wont practice, bump moss down to a slot WR, bench landry for missing tackles.

in short, approach the organization like its a football team. don't treat players based on their contract, but on how they play.

hopefully they'll stop overpaying people. stop buying into hype. make steals in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

all the things good organizations do.

edit: and snyder can focus on making the stadium better, the game day experience better, and rebuild the fanbase to what it was circa mid 80's early 90's.

because this team, its culture, and its fanbase is not what it used to be. the team used to be about the fans, and the fan base used to be one of the best in the league. now the team is about the money, and the fan base is shrinking and becoming a laughing stock.

Portis, Betts, and Randle El go (all could fetch mid to low round picks, Portis maybe more)

QUOTE]

Just boggles my mind as to how often posters throw such nonsense around. NO Team and I mean none will ever give up any picks for Portis who is DONE. He has so much mileage on him and is towards the end of his career if it has not ended already. Please stop posting this Fantasy football stuff.

Just boggles my mind as to how often posters throw such nonsense around. NO Team and I mean none will ever give up any picks for Portis who is DONE. He has so much mileage on him and is towards the end of his career if it has not ended already. Please stop posting this Fantasy football stuff.

it boggles my mind how people think there aren't dumber teams out there than the redskins.

not saying the redskins are smart, but there are organizations that are dumber out there - i wouldn't be surprised if the redskins were able to get a pick (even if its a 5th rounder) for portis.

The helmets are anything but racist.... the name... maybe... but the depiction of a proud warrior on our helmets is not racist... you want to see a insulting logo, look at the cleveland indians.

Back on topic... I have a feeling we may be looking at a young rb... with the release of (most likely) portis and betts, you know they will want to bring in young talent.

Also, don;t be surprised if they shop cooley (I don't want him to go, but he is the only one we can get picks out of)

A la Larry Johnson...

Wasn't he "Done" and "has too much milage on him"?

Back on topic... I have a feeling we may be looking at a young rb... with the release of (most likely) portis and betts, you know they will want to bring in young talent.

Also, don;t be surprised if they shop cooley (I don't want him to go, but he is the only one we can get picks out of)

Marcus Mason, Quinton Ganther?

Agree with the Cooley remark (love him, but with the showing up of Davis, I think he's gone)

What happens to Rock?

Archived