Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with an obnoxious roomate

WVUforREDSKINS

So, this guy that I have been living with was cool at first and now im realizing that he is an obnoxious tool. No one else in the house likes him either. I share a room with him and im at the point where it pains me to pretend to be his friend.

He has taken peoples beer, wine, and I caught him wearing my socks. He is always forgerting to flush the toilet and he never does his dishes. He is loud (really loud voice) and he is the type of guy that says the "f" word two or three times a sentance just for the hell of it. Basically, a complete piece of **** that you would never want to hangout with.

He is always starting arguements with the girls we live with and he is the type of guy who is always right (we all no one guy like that right?) even though 90% of the time he is completely wrong.

I'd move, but I like my place, and I like the 6 other people I live with.

What options are there? I was thinking that the girls and I could write the landlord and say we want him out.

He has been saying that he is gonna be leaving for about a month now. Always, complaining about hating it here.

We would do a house vote, but everyone thinks he is leaving. Now we aren't sure if he is. Its a complicated situation, because I don't think he has anywhere else to go. And in a foreign country, thats messed up. Just not sure really.

House vote. Tell him to leave.

Pretty much,but probably easier said than done and probably won't carry a lot of weight. Especially if it's extremely difficult to find someplace else to live. Been known to practice the "paybacks are a mother****er* philosophy in my day when it comes to roommates.

So, this guy that I have been living with was cool at first and now im realizing that he is an obnoxious tool. No one else in the house likes him either. I share a room with him and im at the point where it pains me to pretend to be his friend.

He has taken peoples beer, wine, and I caught him wearing my socks. He is always forgerting to flush the toilet and he never does his dishes. He is loud (really loud voice) and he is the type of guy that says the "f" word two or three times a sentance just for the hell of it. Basically, a complete piece of **** that you would never want to hangout with.

He is always starting arguements with the girls we live with and he is the type of guy who is always right (we all no one guy like that right?) even though 90% of the time he is completely wrong......

I'd move, but I like my place, and I like the 6 other people I live with.

What options are there? I was thinking that the girls and I could write the landlord and say we want him out.

Sounds like the same guy that used to bang on your front door at 2am in the morning and run, before he became your roommate.

So, freak him out, and bang on his bedroom door at 4am.....Damn - he moved to Australia, from Maryland ?? He's a real stalker.

Step one, build a consensus against him. There's 6 people who don't want him there. That's 6 people to help in whatever endeavour you plot.

Step two, make him feel uncomfortable in as genial and polite a manner as possible. Be subtle.

Step three, find another place that seems more appealing for him to live. Find what he likes and make somewhere else seem more attractive. $ is always a factor.

As long as the rent and conditions are the same or better, he should be gone within a month. Be as diplomatic as possible. The guy sounds like a loon.

Step one, build a consensus against him. There's 6 people who don't want him there. That's 6 people to help in whatever endeavour you plot.

Step two, make him feel uncomfortable in as genial and polite a manner as possible. Be subtle.

Step three, find another place that seems more appealing for him to live. Find what he likes and make somewhere else seem more attractive. $ is always a factor.

As long as the rent and conditions are the same or better, he should be gone within a month. Be as diplomatic as possible. The guy sounds like a loon.

OK this seems like a decent idea. Any other suggestions. I am actually gonna run some of these ideas by the girls.

Have you guys told him this?

Birdlives gave some good suggestions but they require you to do all the work forthis guy making it easy for him to just continue being a terrible person leading him to being out on the streets which you claim to not want.

So the best option, IMO, is to go to him and tell him he needs to get his **** straight or he's getting the **** out. Even writeup some form of roommate laws that everyone signs and is a requirement for him to sign (and abide by) to stay. If he breaks the rules even more then it's pretty obvious he doesn't care in the least and you have no choice but to kick him out. I wouldn't even feel bad about it at that point because you gave him every opportunity to do the right thing and he made his bed hard instead. Honest and open communication seems to be your friend as it seems that route hasn't been tried yet.

You've got to tell him to his face. People like this are oblivious to their own actions and will never "get the hint".

Take it from a coaching, counseling, discipline point of view.

Coaching - Let him know how douchy he is.

If that doesn't work, counsel him by giving him examples when he is douchy

Discipline - kick his ass out

You've got to tell him to his face. People like this are oblivious to their own actions and will never "get the hint".

Take it from a coaching, counseling, discipline point of view.

Coaching - Let him know how douchy he is.

If that doesn't work, counsel him by giving him examples when he is douchy

Discipline - kick his ass out

Agreed. You can do it in a nice way. Aka don't bring up everything in the kitchen sink but you got to talk to him face to face and let him know.

Archived