Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why don't the Skins wear throwbacks anymore?

BrandonJ83

My question is why don't they wear them at least once a year or so? Does the coach make this decision or marketing people? I like seeing the team in old school uniforms with my favorite being the 75th anniversary white jerseys with the yellow pants and helmet. I also like the 70th anniversary dark maroon jerseys which you can buy on NFL.com. I also like when they wear all burgundy or all white. Just saying they should mix it up a little bit. I mean when I play Madden 10' I always changed the traditional uniforms to some throwback or different color combos.

THe one game we wore them during the 75th anniversary season was the horrendous goal line stand by the Giants and we haven't worn them since.

Deservingly so. I never want to see those uniforms again. Especially since finding out that the helmets were designed by Lombardi with the intent of looking similar to the Packers.

And to the OP... you like the all burgundy? I can't stand that. Love the all white though.

Both sets of throwbacks are awesome IMO. I like the 75th's the best and wish they'd wear them both again as well. But to your question, I would guess we haven't worn them, because there is no 'anniversary' to celebrate this year. Give it 3 more years, and the 80th should have some I'd think.

For the record, I don't think "throwbacks" is the proper name for those jerseys. "70th anniversary jerseys" or "alternate jerseys" is probably a better name. That's because the team never wore jerseys that looked like that. The style mimics a popular style worn back then, but our team never wore numbers on the shoulders, or had stripes with the arrowhead like that.

For the record, I don't think "throwbacks" is the proper name for those jerseys. "70th anniversary jerseys" or "alternate jerseys" is probably a better name. That's because the team never wore jerseys that looked like that. The style mimics a popular style worn back then, but our team never wore numbers on the shoulders, or had stripes with the arrowhead like that.

Nice post.

I due wish they would venture in wearing the alternate jerseys more, I have yet to see one I really dislike. We haven't won in some just because the team hasn't been it's best. That really isn't the best reason to not wear them again. Hell, I wish we had some sort of black jersey. This just gives me more stuff to spend money on!

Good point. It seems more a marketing gimmick. As the authentic jersey's of the past were too plain and boring.

If they want throw backs, then wear leather helmets and no facemasks... I'm glad we've got AH on our team... and Brian Orakpo if that's the case...

THe one game we wore them during the 75th anniversary season was the horrendous goal line stand by the Giants and we haven't worn them since.

Yup. The good ole let's run a stretch play 4 times from the two type deal (with a healthy CP on the sideline) :doh:...Was at that game and left mad.

Not sure why but as historic as the redskins are they should roll with a throwback atleast once a year! Can't go by a lost being that we've lost in every uniform.

I would love it if they came out with an all new yellow jersey instead. Similar to what the qb's wear during trainig camp,

But tie in white and burgandy. Have our numbers in burgandy as well. I think that would be interesting and actually is way over due.

Heck you see the jersey giants impliment all the colors, why not us?

I would love it if they came out with an all new yellow jersey instead. Similar to what the qb's wear during trainig camp,

But tie in white and burgandy. Have our numbers in burgandy as well. I think that would be interesting and actually is way over due.

Heck you see the jersey giants impliment all the colors, why not us?

we wear GOLD not yellow:saber:

Always loved the look of the early 60's helmets

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1060

Also I found this logo which I never remember seeing before. Does anyone remember it?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6378

I have never seen that before in my life. I did a lot a research on Redskins' symbols before I got my tattoo and I don't remember coming across that one.

Archived