Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Voice and Leadership the Republican Party is Looking for...

Ron78

Dude, anyone who tells you they are going to fix our economy by spending such extreme amounts of money we don't even have, and in such a short time frame, is duping you. Things are going to get ugly.

The only problem is that our economy is based on money changing hands which is why we are so dependent upon personal, corporate and national debt, the spending will positively affect the economy. What you are apparently concerned about is not the economy but the national debt those are two entirely different beasts.

Dude, anyone who tells you they are going to fix our economy by spending such extreme amounts of money we don't even have, and in such a short time frame, is duping you. Things are going to get ugly.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

I love this, no one said a peep when Bush spent over 800 billion on his pet war with ZERO return on the "investment", but spending 800 billion to invest IN America is going to destroy us... :D

On a side note, I do agree that we need to cut spending, but on who's petty projects are we going to cut?? I'm not that smart...lol

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that this gentleman nearly did hard time at Leavenworth near the end of his career over a scandal involving torture of a prisoner.

Perhaps there's a good explanation (and some have come to his defense, including John Warner), but when you have to explain, it's over. This guy will ever fly nationally. House of Reps is about as far as he could go.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that this gentleman nearly did hard time at Leavenworth near the end of his career over a scandal involving torture of a prisoner.

Perhaps there's a good explanation (and some have come to his defense, including John Warner), but when you have to explain, it's over. This guy will ever fly nationally. House of Reps is about as far as he could go.

Whoh. More information, please.

Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(former_U.S._military_officer)

While serving in Taji, Iraq on August 20, 2003 as commander of the 2d Battalion 20th Field Artillery, 4th Infantry Division, Lieutenant Colonel West was in charge of the interrogation of an Iraqi police officer who was suspected of having information about planned attacks on American forces. According to the Iraqi police officer, Yehiya Kadoori Hamoodi claimed that during the interrogation, soldiers under West's supervision assaulted him attempting to get him to talk.[2]

West, who at the time was just short of having 20 years of service, was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and was in danger of receiving an 11 year prison sentence, dismissal, and losing his retirement benefits. West was processed through an Article 32 hearing in November 2003, where he admitted wrongdoing, was fined $5,000 over two months for misconduct and assault. He then submitted his resignation, and was allowed to retire with full benefits in the summer of 2004.[3][4]

He's toast....

I love this, no one said a peep when Bush spent over 800 billion on his pet war with ZERO return on the "investment", but spending 800 billion to invest IN America is going to destroy us... :D

On a side note, I do agree that we need to cut spending, but on who's petty projects are we going to cut?? I'm not that smart...lol

so you supported GWB spending then since you support O's spending now?

what is it with people who use one bad decision to justify another bad decision. And yes, people were mad (me included) and those on the "other side" voted for change. Well, theyy didn't get change- they got the same thing (only a bit worse)

GWB's Pet war??- you forget how many Democrats were very very supportive of the war, including the Vice President, the Sec of State and many others who are still in power in Congress. I don't see you getting pissed at them for approving the spending.

What you are apparently concerned about is not the economy but the national debt those are two entirely different beasts.

Not at the end of the day. The long term result of a tremendous amount of national debt will impact the economy.

1. The billions that Congress allowed Bush to spend were not just on Iraq. It also funded other national defense programs and the WOT in general. Obama plans to spend tens of trillions of dollars (on top of what Bush and Congress have already spent).

2. It is not all going back into the U.S economy. Obama is also kicking out plenty funds to other countries. His nobel peace prize was bought and paid for.

3. Some of the cash is getting into the hands of worthless organizations like ACORN and going towards inefficiently run government programs (like possibly government run Health Care). And who knows where else the money is going? I don't think anyone even read Obama's one thousand page economic stimulus bill.

Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(former_U.S._military_officer)

While serving in Taji, Iraq on August 20, 2003 as commander of the 2d Battalion 20th Field Artillery, 4th Infantry Division, Lieutenant Colonel West was in charge of the interrogation of an Iraqi police officer who was suspected of having information about planned attacks on American forces. According to the Iraqi police officer, Yehiya Kadoori Hamoodi claimed that during the interrogation, soldiers under West's supervision assaulted him attempting to get him to talk.[2]

West, who at the time was just short of having 20 years of service, was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and was in danger of receiving an 11 year prison sentence, dismissal, and losing his retirement benefits. West was processed through an Article 32 hearing in November 2003, where he admitted wrongdoing, was fined $5,000 over two months for misconduct and assault. He then submitted his resignation, and was allowed to retire with full benefits in the summer of 2004.[3][4]

He's toast....

He's toast? Wishful thinking. He resigned with a $5000 fine and full benefits. Trent Reznor said it best..."I don't give a #### about the temperature in Guantanamo."

He's toast? Wishful thinking. He resigned with a $5000 fine and full benefits. Trent Reznor said it best..."I don't give a #### about the temperature in Guantanamo."

Umm, I suspect some voters will care about: "he admitted wrongdoing, was fined $5,000 over two months for misconduct and assault. He then submitted his resignation..."

The long term result of a tremendous amount of national debt will impact the economy.

Yes it sucks. However, things they are currently spending money on will hopefully help us in the long term. HC reform will help make American businesses more competitive, while investments into energy will hopefully pave the way for the next economic boom. There is a LOT of money to be made in energy. If USA becomes the leader there, we're all set.

We had to pay a lot of money up front to get the tech revolution going, but now we get to enjoy Googles and Microsofts being American companies. We want next gen energy companies to be American as well.

I'll comment on LTC West's actions in Iraq, he did what he had to do to save his men, the guy talked, and attacks went down in his area, he saved his men. I used this as an example of enhanced interigation(sp) techniques working and saving lives, of course some here would like him to ask the bad guy pretty please with sugar on top to get the info he need right then. The 15-6 Officer didn't recommend a Courts Martial and the situation was dealt with an AR-15 non judicial punishment which is a career ender, he made his 20 and retired, that said I think you'll find most who wear the uniform and are aware of his actions support him completely.

Also, can you please post something on this guy's ecomonic platform?

I am also interested in his positions on health care and energy... I think those getting those two right is very important for the future of our country. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Yes it sucks. However, things they are currently spending money on will hopefully help us in the long term. HC reform will help make American businesses more competitive, while investments into energy will hopefully pave the way for the next economic boom. There is a LOT of money to be made in energy. If USA becomes the leader there, we're all set.

We had to pay a lot of money up front to get the tech revolution going, but now we get to enjoy Googles and Microsofts being American companies. We want next gen energy companies to be American as well.

It depends on how we invest in energy. If we invest in inefficient and expensive energy sources we will get little return, and that will not be good for the economy.

Health Care reform (as Obama and some others on the far left want it) will make Health Care a far less lucrative industry and make investment in medical school far less appealing to potential physicians.

Also, can you please post something on this guy's ecomonic platform?

I am also interested in his positions on health care and energy... I think those getting those two right is very important for the future of our country. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Here is his website...

http://allenwestforcongress.com/

If you can not find what you are looking for under issues, you can probably ask via e-mail.

I'll comment on LTC West's actions in Iraq, he did what he had to do to save his men, the guy talked, and attacks went down in his area, he saved his men. I used this as an example of enhanced interigation(sp) techniques working and saving lives, of course some here would like him to ask the bad guy pretty please with sugar on top to get the info he need right then. The 15-6 Officer didn't recommend a Courts Martial and the situation was dealt with an AR-15 non judicial punishment which is a career ender, he made his 20 and retired, that said I think you'll find most who wear the uniform and are aware of his actions support him completely.

Thank you. The guy also has a Bronze star. No one mentioned that.

It depends on how we invest in energy. If we invest in inefficient and expensive energy sources we will get little return, and that will not be good for the economy.

Investment is what makes things cheaper and more efficient. Everything is expensive and inefficient in early stages.

Health Care reform (as Obama and some others on the far left want it) will make the Health Care a far less lucrative industry and make investment in medical school far less appealing to potential physicians.

I guess we will have to wait and see how the health care reform turns out.

Investment is what makes things cheaper and more efficient. Everything is expensive and inefficient in early stages.

Sometimes they also remain expensive and inefficient, though. Some investments are bad investments.

I guess we will have to wait and see how the health care reform turns out.

Yes.

Sometimes they also remain expensive and inefficient, though. Some investments are bad investments.

I agree with that. That is why I support the "all of the above" approach to energy, which is what Dept of Energy is doing under the leadership of Steven Chu.

I am extremely excited, for example, about some recent activity at ARPA-E:

http://arpa-e.energy.gov/public/PR-102609.pdf

Highly recommended read. Those projects sound very promising.

Also, note that there are things we know are worthwhile, for example the smart grid. We know that it will pay off for sure. There are other things that will pay off for sure, and will start paying off right away, such as energy efficiency and weatherization of federal buildings.

I agree with that. That is why I support the "all of the above" approach to energy, which is what Dept of Energy is doing under the leadership of Steven Chu.

I am extremely excited, for example, about some recent activity at ARPA-E:

http://arpa-e.energy.gov/public/PR-102609.pdf

Highly recommended read. Those projects sound very promising.

Also, note that there are things we know are worthwhile, for example the smart grid. We know that it will pay off for sure. There are other things that will pay off for sure, and will start paying off right away, such as energy efficiency and weatherization of federal buildings.

That link didn't work for me. I think the the "all of the above" approach may be the more expensive route to take because you are branching out into several different sources that may not pan out. I think it is more cost efficient if everyone is investing in one source (like Natural Gas).

1. The billions that Congress allowed Bush to spend were not just on Iraq. It also funded other national defense programs and the WOT in general. Obama plans to spend tens of trillions of dollars (on top of what Bush and Congress have already spent).

"Tens of trillions?" Exaggerating a little?? :silly: No ones happy about the national debt, except for the ones who we're indebted to. No one wants "their" program cut, and everyone who isn't getting something has their hands out.

2. It is not all going back into the U.S economy. Obama is also kicking out plenty funds to other countries. His nobel peace prize was bought and paid for.

Isn't that called foreign aid??

3. Some of the cash is getting into the hands of worthless organizations like ACORN and going towards inefficiently run government programs (like possibly government run Health Care). And who knows where else the money is going? I don't think anyone even read Obama's one thousand page economic stimulus bill.

They stopped funding to ACORN. Abuses to the system regardless of who's doing it, suck. I think it's kinda funny when people get upset about government run health care and I say, "I agree, and we should start with getting rid of Medicare"...:) Why should people read the stimulus bill when they didn't bother to read the Patriot Act... :hysterical:

That link didn't work for me. I think the the "all of the above" approach may be the more expensive route to take because you are branching out into several different sources that may not pan out. I think it is more cost efficient if everyone is investing in one source (like Natural Gas).

I think the "all of the above" approach is justified using cost-benefit analysis.

I do not think it makes sense to move forward with any plan that focuses on energy sources that involve burning things.

Archived