Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Voice and Leadership the Republican Party is Looking for...

Ron78

Here is my prediction. For the next National Election, Joe Biden steps down for family or health issues, and is replaced on the ticket by 1 Hillary Clinton. Basically giving the Dems a minority and a woman on the same ticket.

What will those Clinton folks who claimed they were with Palin afterwards going to do?

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Actually, Bush wasn't conservative enough for a lot of traditional conservatives. He certainly wasn't conservative when it came to spending or starting new government programs. The neocon agenda leaves the traditional conservatives in the dust.

And yeah, both parties piss me off. The Republicans for being bat-**** crazy for the past 20-30 years and the Democrats for being weak and scared even when they have the upper hand. Unfortunately, I don't see any real options for me outside of that.

I know dude, it was a joke.

I know this...you know this, but I'm not sure everyone out there knows this. ;)

Actually, Bush wasn't conservative enough for a lot of traditional conservatives. He certainly wasn't conservative when it came to spending or starting new government programs. The neocon agenda leaves the traditional conservatives in the dust.

Oh I know what you're saying, but to say that Bush wasn't conservative enough and then to vote McCain who is slammed by many GOPers as being at best a moderate just seems funny to me.

As did Bush and the Reps during the last 8 years and my guess is that those same Congressional Reps and Senators aren't going anywhere and since they are the one's who really hold the purse strings...what's your point?

Running the "anti" Candidate doesn't work, ask John Kerry.

It should work against Obama if he is spending trillions of dollars that do not exist. Just ask the former Soviet Union what spending outrageous amounts of money you don't have can do to your economy. True conservatives have always run on smaller government and reduced government spending. That should be good enough for anyone who doesn't want to flush the United States down the toilet.

It should work against Obama if he is spending trillions of dollars that do not exist. Just ask the former Soviet Union what spending outrageous amounts of money you don't have can do to your economy. True conservatives have always run on smaller government and reduced government spending. That should be good enough for anyone who doesn't want to flush the United States down the toilet.

Only problem is that we haven't had what you call a "true conservative" in the past 30 + years...(i'm not talking about the anti condom crowd) Reagan, Bush I, Bush II all increased our debt and the size of our government. I know it's hard to admit but Clinton actually created a budget surplus...

It's nice to talk about fiscal conservatism and smaller government but in my almost 40 years on this planet I have yet to see it.

Only problem is that we haven't had what you call a "true conservative" in the past 30 + years...(i'm not talking about the anti condom crowd) Reagan, Bush I, Bush II all increased our debt and the size of our government.

Reagan did it to outspend the Soviets on military spending. It hurt us a little, but it crippled the Soviet Union.

I know it's hard to admit but Clinton actually created a budget surplus...

It's not hard to admit at all. How did Clinton achieve that? He achieved it with a conservative budget balanced by Speaker Newt Gingrich.

It's nice to talk about fiscal conservatism and smaller government but in my almost 40 years on this planet I have yet to see it.

You did see it...a Newt Gingrich lead House of Representatives. Fiscal conservatives still exist and fiscal conservatism seems to be Col. West's message. I guess we will see.

Plenty. He has been all over the place. He was on Mike Savage's show. He's all over you tube.

I don't listen to ultra right wing radio for more than a few minutes at a time...gives me a headache...lol But I'll check out what this guy is about for sure.

Speaking of Newt, didn't he resign over ethics violations. I'm surprised he talks about running in 2012 as I don't think that he is "right wing" enough for the republican base. He also has some skeletons for sure...but, he may be moderate enough...

Speaking of Newt, didn't he resign over ethics violations. I'm surprised he talks about running in 2012 as I don't think that he is "right wing" enough for the republican base. He also has some skeletons for sure...but, he may be moderate enough...

Newt Gingrich is a fiscal conservative for sure (and socially liberal in some ways). My personal opinion is that he would be the best President for this economy, right now. However, you hit on a key point about ethics issues. I don't think Newt is electable for those reasons alone. It's a shame.

Look, Republicans need someone with oldschool values, who is strong on national defense, and speaks the language of the people. I nominate Grimlock.

The language of the people? Are those the same "people" who got duped by false promises? :wish:

Well we already know that we were duped for the past 8 years. I think the jury is still out on whether we're currently being duped...:D

Dude, anyone who tells you they are going to fix our economy by spending such extreme amounts of money we don't even have, and in such a short time frame, is duping you. Things are going to get ugly.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

Archived