Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Voice and Leadership the Republican Party is Looking for...

Ron78

I'll watch tomorrow. Too busy blastin' music right now...but a lot of conservatives are looking for a voice of reason right now. And for this conservative, Sarah ****ing Palin just isn't it.

Sarah Palin has been successfully ruined. I think it may be impossible for Sarah Palin to become electable again. There are still certain things I like about her though.

Here's an honest question from a Registered Republican (but self-proclaimed Independent).

What do the Republicans run in on 2012? In 2000 Bush ran on "compassionate conservatism" which turned out to be two things: a) the right's version of "big government", and B) war in Iraq.

Is the platform for 2012 War in Iran? If not, what are the Republicans going to offer? If we get Obamacare now I can see them running on "roll back Obamacare"... however now that its been watered down enough... I don't see that being a great platform. Given that the Democrats have co-opted the war platform as well with their "Continuing War in Afghanistan"... I'm not quite sure what a Republican Presidential candidate could run for if there was a Presidential election in 2012... although its clear the 2010 elections are going to be all about "NoBama" or more likely "No Pelosi, No Reid, look at this liberal Congress...".

But seriously, given the damage Bush and the Bush Congress did to the image of the Republicans as a small government, individual freedom party (I said image!)... what's left to run on?

I didn't watch the YouTube...

It's not about race. It's about state of mind.

I know. What does the word "joke" mean to you?:silly:

At any rate, he's still a politician and, at the end of the day, that's enough reason for me to despise him.

I've turned over a new leaf. Black, white, democrat, independent, republican.. doesn't matter. They all suck and anyone who falls for their lies are gullible nimrods.:)

Here's an honest question from a Registered Republican (but self-proclaimed Independent).

What do the Republicans run in on 2012? In 2000 Bush ran on "compassionate conservatism" which turned out to be two things: a) the right's version of "big government", and B) war in Iraq.

Is the platform for 2012 War in Iran? If not, what are the Republicans going to offer? If we get Obamacare now I can see them running on "roll back Obamacare"... however now that its been watered down enough... I don't see that being a great platform. Given that the Democrats have co-opted the war platform as well with their "Continuing War in Afghanistan"... I'm not quite sure what a Republican Presidential candidate could run for if there was a Presidential election in 2012... although its clear the 2010 elections are going to be all about "NoBama" or more likely "No Pelosi, No Reid, look at this liberal Congress...".

But seriously, given the damage Bush and the Bush Congress did to the image of the Republicans as a small government, individual freedom party (I said image!)... what's left to run on?

I didn't watch the YouTube...

How about running on stopping President Obama from mortgaging our country to China. Democrats are spending record amounts of non-existent money.

I know. What does the word "joke" mean to you?:silly:

At any rate, he's still a politician, and, at the end of the day, that's enough reason for me to loathe and despise him.

I've turned over a new leaf. Black, white, democrat, independent, republican.. doesn't matter. They all suck and anyone who falls for their lies are gullible nimrods.:)

I understood you were joking. I was not trying to give you a hard time. I will add a smiley to my original comment just to make you happy. lol

..just like the Republicans before him. Again, they all suck.

I could do this all day.:D

I agree about Bush not being a great practitioner of fiscal conservatism, but the Democrats in Congress had a very big hand in the collapse of the financial industry as well as big government. Congress has the Constitutional power to spend money and pass legislation that can have a lasting impact on our economy. The President can not spend money without Congress' approval.

Ron,

The Democrats in Congress from 2001 to 2006?! The ones who said nothing about the policy post-2001 to keep interest rates so low that it blew up a huge housing bubble? Oh wait, I guess it is those Democrats too.

I'm glad more Americans are starting to see that both parties suck. We want a party that will be honest, truly honest, transparent, truly transparent, and doesn't suck. Such a party hasn't been seen since the Moose Bull party!

Just like the Redskins and its current leadership, I see no reason to support/put up with anything the current Republican party puts up.

It'll take quite a while for the Rs to re-gain its standing.

So, will you vote third party? Or will you not vote and help usher in a second term of Obama?

And yet, you constantly belittle Republicans. Stop pretending you're an independent, TJ.

And yet, you constantly belittle Republicans. Stop pretending you're an independent, TJ.

I also have been constantly belittling Democrats ever since I found out they dropped the public option. If you can find that thread, you will see the truth: I'm through giving any politician the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not independent, either. I'm "I hate all politicians, period".

Ron,

The Democrats in Congress from 2001 to 2006?! The ones who said nothing about the policy post-2001 to keep interest rates so low that it blew up a huge housing bubble? Oh wait, I guess it is those Democrats too.

Not upholding Republican values is probably why many of those Republicans are no longer in office. But, yes, Democrats adamantly denied any problems with loan companies in the earlier part of the decade.

I'm glad more Americans are starting to see that both parties suck. We want a party that will be honest, truly honest, transparent, truly transparent, and doesn't suck. Such a party hasn't been seen since the Moose Bull party!

Yeah, politics is a world of "lesser evils," and it is a shame we often have to compromise when we step up to the ballot box. It is all a matter of priorities and how much you are willing to compromise. For me, President Obama's economic "stimulus" is not a compromise I am willing to make.

So, will you vote third party? Or will you not vote and help usher in a second term of Obama?

In the last 110 years, only once has the party in power not been re-elected

That was Jimmy Carter in 1980

Bush 2 got 2 terms

Clinton 2 terms

Bush 1 was a continuation of Reagan's 2 terms

Jimmy Carter is it

Ford a continuation of Nixon

LBJ a continuation of Kennedy

Ike twice

Eisenhower to Truman

Hoover a continuation of Coolidge

Woodrow Wilson back to back

Taft a continuation of Teddy Roosevelt who was a continuation of McKinley

You gotta go back to Grover Cleveland and Benjamin Harrison (election of 1893) and then all the way to Jimmy Carter in 1980

The fact is the incumbent party is very hard to beat

President Obama will have a 1 billion plus war chest, won't have to deal with Hillary and will face a Republican bloodied up by the primary with probably 25-30 percent of the money to spend.

So the Republicans, if they were smart, would clean house of the duds they got left, work to develop ideas, oppose bad ideas (health care and cap and trade) and get ready for 2016

President Obama will have a 1 billion plus war chest, won't have to deal with Hillary and will face a Republican bloodied up by the primary with probably 25-30 percent of the money to spend.

So the Republicans, if they were smart, would clean house of the duds they got left, work to develop ideas, oppose bad ideas (health care and cap and trade) and get ready for 2016

The current "presidential polls" say otherwise. I know we're 3 years away, but still.

I really think it didn't matter who was the 44th President. Our economy will be on its way back up by then so he will be hard to beat. But, he isn't done spending money. Let's wait and see how many more Americans he pisses off before writing off a Repub in 2012.

I voted for McCain and Keyes in the 2000 Republican Primary, I never felt Bush was conservative enough for my tastes, unfortunately instead of a more common sense candidate in Bradley that I might actually have to consider, the dems put Mr. Global Warming, Al Gore. That wasn't a choice I could in good conscience make, and in 04, Kerry's waffling did any chance he had in as well. Now I voted for McCain last year, but I didn't feel he was a strong candidate. He did not have half the fire this guy did in the speeches I saw. So unless the party that calls itself the grand old party gets its head on straight, starts standing for something that america believes in, instead of just simply being opposition to the democrats, they have no hope of winning in 2012.

(And I should add if the regional candidates here in West Virginia are not so great in the next election, I may already have switched to independent by then.)

How about running on stopping President Obama from mortgaging our country to China. Democrats are spending record amounts of non-existent money.

As did Bush and the Reps during the last 8 years and my guess is that those same Congressional Reps and Senators aren't going anywhere and since they are the one's who really hold the purse strings...what's your point?

Running the "anti" Candidate doesn't work, ask John Kerry.

Archived