Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foooooootbaaallllllll!

Ignatius J.

Originally posted by DeathByLinebacker

The Bucs safety totally misplayed that deep pass by Pennington to Conway. I hope they think he can throw that pass against us.

Just saw that play on the highlights on ESPN News.

That throw was most likely as far as Pennington's arm can go when he is throwing a deep ball.

i was just getting home from work when the game started...

it's football! thank god!

pennington really floated that long ball, but it was on the money-- and poorly played.. how is it that DB didn't even touch it? can't figure that one out.

lamont jordan ran pretty well, as did thomas jones.

i really wanted to watch chris simms play, hated him with the horns (KSt. and OU fan), like him as a draft-steal. sounds like he played pretty well. i bet the bears are gonna feel very stupid that they didn't draft DT and pick up a QB in the second or third...

pennington was accurate as always, no zip on his ball, but it got there in time. solid performance for the first preseason game.

that bucs D really looked hurt without abraham and brooks out there. the jets just slammed it down their throat on that first drive. then the jets D played good bend but don't break. until the second half...

then i fell asleep, son of a beatch!

Pennington to Conway :cheers:

Keep bashing Pennington's arm, that was the ammo of every opposing teams fans last year and he only went on to be the highest rated passer in the NFL.

Ahhhhh football is finally here

:pint:

highest rated passer in the NFL.

you left out.....he runs a west coast Off. who always has a high. % of completions, big deal.....

I'll take 20 incompletes and 3 bombs for TD's any day over 42 screen passes.....west coast Off.....yawn...:tongue:

I went to bed at 1:30 after a gator game............woke up at 5...watched the nfl game and decided the jets Def. was rather sluggish.

I was suprised with "the" pass.....the bucs safety had horrible position on conway, but I give pennington props for doing it against them.....

I'm going to break down the plays on their 1st drive tonight when it comes on again.....for now I can't say the 1st drive was a fluke or not.......but i can say their 2nd & 3rd string sux....lol

I'd agree, "the" pass was a gift-wrapped INT (that didn't happen). (If fact, when they showed it "live" I thought it had been defensed.)

OTOH, looking at the series as a whole, those poor, unfortunate, Jets moved the ball pretty well against The Mighty Bucs. (It's hard to argue against 4/4 passing.)

Originally posted by Ænima

Pennington's long pass was horrendous. It just floated up there forever and should have been picked off. I really hope he tries that against Champ.

Not to mention that Pennington completed it over some 2nd or 3rd string Buccaneers safety, some guy wearing #38 named Howell I think

:jetssuck:

Originally posted by Larry

I'd agree, "the" pass was a gift-wrapped INT (that didn't happen). (If fact, when they showed it "live" I thought it had been defensed.)

OTOH, looking at the series as a whole, those poor, unfortunate, Jets moved the ball pretty well against The Mighty Bucs. (It's hard to argue against 4/4 passing.)

The Bucs took out their starters after the third play though.

Oh man it is hilarious to go to a Jets board. They describe the pass quite differently. Apparently Pennington threw a perfect pass and hit Conway in stride :rotflmao:

Archived