2006 Yards: Incomplete year.

2007 Yards: 2700

2008 Yards: 3245

2009 Yards: 3618

2006 Per Attempt: 6.3

2007 Per Attempt: 6.5

2008 Per Attempt: 6.4

2009 Per Attempt: 7.1

He has regressed in interception however with 15 which is entirely too high. In fact it matches his total interceptions thrown in both 2007 and 2008 COMBINED.

Yes, some sense! Campbell is definitely improving. Remember how everyone was talking about Campbell throws a low number of interceptions but also a low number of touchdowns because he doesn't take risks...and that Campbell would never get past the stage to be a good NFL QB. Well these numbers suggest those people were pretty much wrong...

Campbell's TDs have gone up pretty significantly. So have his INTs. I don't know if I would call that regression as much as he's taking more chances. And his chances are resulting in more TDs. You could say Campbell is beginning to step over the threshold into being a good NFL QB. Let's see what he does with these last few games. Next year he'll probably be even better.

I had his running stat totals in my sig for awhile this season, but gave up on him after awhile...I think after the Dallas game. I don't want to start it up again because it will show that I was wrong and gave up too early this season, and me being wrong is not allowed to happen.

I had his running stat totals in my sig for awhile this season, but gave up on him after awhile...I think after the Dallas game. I don't want to start it up again because it will show that I was wrong and gave up too early this season, and me being wrong is not allowed to happen.

So you just admitted to being wrong...

Think JC is improving? That stats agree with you.

2007 Rating:77.6

2008 Rating:84.3

2009 Rating:89.0

2007 TD:12

2008 TD:13

2009 TD:17 (on pace to finish over 20)

2007 Completion Percentage: 60%

2008 Completion Percentage: 62.3%

2009 Completion Percentage: 65.3%

2009 Yards: 2946 (on pace to finish 3624)

Remember how every expert was saying when Jim Zorn started that it would take 2 years for his offense to be fully implemented. How it was such an anomaly that we started so strong, thus making the decline feel that much more painful.

It's getting close to that 2 year point, and Jim Zorn's playbook and QB coaching are really starting to turn it around...

As someone who put Zorn's picture on a dartboard after the KC game, I've experienced a change of heart that I never would have expected.

yeah, no doubt he has been improving and i do hope we keep him. However, the only thing that is holding him back right now is his ability to come through in the clutch.

Very true and if we do keep him.....maybe he will improve on that too....becoming a clutch QB...look at those stats he is getting better can't deny that. I pray Vinny and Dan decided to protect him next year and invest in some OL.

So your telling us there was a chance you were wrong....LOL.:silly:

Jason is better now, but his improvement is fairly recent. His progress has been far from linear over the past three seasons -- stats be damned.

Jason is proving a lot of people wrong, including his supporters who claimed that even a superstar quarterback would fail behind this line. Obviously, better play at QB can overcome some things and that's what we're seeing.

Jason is better now, but his improvement is fairly recent. His progress has been far from linear over the past three seasons -- stats be damned.

Jason is proving a lot of people wrong, including his supporters who claimed that even a superstar quarterback would fail behind this line. Obviously, better play at QB can overcome some things and that's what we're seeing.

Only problem with that is that we've all seen pass blocking improve as of late.

The pass blocking isn't good. The difference between now and earlier in the year is similar to the difference between the Raiders' pass blocking in the first half and the second half -- Gradkowski vs Russell, basically. Jason is still getting roughed up on account of our challenged linemen, he's just better able to handle the pressure now. And once you demonstrate you can do that, defensive coordinators tend to back off, giving the protection even more of a break.

So, no, our pass blocking is still subpar. Our run-blocking is barely "okay". Campbell is the only element playing at any kind of superior level. He needs to stay there for the rest of the season, though. For the good of everyone involved.

Huh?! What line are you talking about? Our o-line sucks. No one is dominant, no pancakes. The play calling is better, and JC has confidence in his abilities. I can't undertand how you can love this team and root against JC.

As far as I can recall, Candle improves a little statistically every year. OTOH, he's currently 14th in QB ratings, and doesn't carry or "lead" the team like a really good QB would, or make clutch plays. Despite his apparently being a nice guy.

And we're off!

:doh:

As far as I can recall, Candle improves a little statistically every year. OTOH, he's currently 14th in QB ratings, and doesn't carry or "lead" the team like a really good QB would, or make clutch plays. Despite his apparently being a nice guy.

Chris Cooley disagrees with you. But whatever, he's just a Pro Bowl tight end that actually plays with Campbell. I'm sure your analysis is much more accurate.

Everyone in DC should be congratulating our quarterback for another tough outing. In the classic words of Joe Gibbs "That guys gotta set." Beyond playing ballsy again this week Jason has continued to show his courage behind center. There is so much respect for 17 in the huddle and the locker room for is ability to not only drive our offense, but to relentlessly get off the ground. It's awesome how many times he saves drives for us in third down situations by moving in the pocket or running. I'm also blown away by his uncanny ability to slide before taking a hit - he shows his amazing athleticism every time! In my opinion this guy is the quarterback of our future.

Think JC is improving? That stats agree with you.

2007 Rating:77.6

2008 Rating:84.3

2009 Rating:89.0

2007 TD:12

2008 TD:13

2009 TD:17 (on pace to finish over 20)

2007 Completion Percentage: 60%

2008 Completion Percentage: 62.3%

2009 Completion Percentage: 65.3%

2009 Yards: 2946 (on pace to finish 3624)

He has regressed in interception however doubling last years total of 6 with 12 so far this season.

Looking at this obvious pattern I don't think it wise to give up on him just yet. Personally I'd keep him even with we draft someone and focus on upgrading the running game and OL. Keep the coaching staff as is... if you must fire the Zorn try to keep Sherm as the Offensive coordinator and hire a defensive minded coach.

Now if you could break it down just a little further and see what it was for the first 3 Qtrs. Plenty of times(4th Qtr.) he was acquiring Garbage yards when teams played prevent and just gave it up late in the game knowing the win was in the bag...

No one speaking 100% honestly and objectively would try to argue that Campbell hasn't improved. I still have questions about his ability to perform in the clutch which, I believe, is a very significant trait for a starting QB.

But, overall, he's certainly trending in the right direction. If he happens to get the opportunities to win us a game and succeeds during the last 3 games, that would go a long way toward convincing me that he's ready to ascend to the next level.

We'll see. At this point, I'm pretty indifferent to the QB decision that will be made this off-season. I have a feeling (knowing that I'm a homer at heart) that I'll find the positive spin to either choice the team makes re: Campbell.

he is improving but he'll be a 10 year vet before he's franchise qb material.

This isn't a criticism, but I don't believe he'll ever ascend to the "franchise QB" level. I think he could eventually be a very good NFL quarterback (top-10 or so), but that's only if he shows he can eventually make some clutch plays that lead to a W.

Archived