Petition for Russ Grimm as next H.C.

BeerMuscles

Russ Grimm needs to be the next H.C. of the Redskins. Please post here if

you agree. Shanahan is not the answer, neither is Cowher. Cowher had

the benefit of having his players in his system for a decade! Shanahan

could never really turn Denver around after he lost all his Superbowl

talent. It's time for some new blood. Russ Grimm is what the Redskins'

franchise need!:point2sky

I know you can make the argument that everybody just needs that ONE chance to succeed. I love Grimm and the fact that he would be a symbol of the past, but he ALWAYS gets passed up for jobs. There has to be a reason why his interviews don't seal the deal. I don't think he is the answer here at all. Just pluggin in former redskins isn't going to fix this mess either.

What has Grimm done, though? Yeah, he's a former Hog and that's awesome but he wasn't the playcaller in Pitt and he's not the playcaller now in Arizona. In that sense, what REALLY makes him a better hire than Zorn was 2 years ago?

Serious question because I really don't know why people want him this badly. Am I missing something or is it just because he's a former Redskin great? If so, I think that's a bad reason to hire someone.

I-H8-DALLAS

The Waterboy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by forehead

exhibit 3,547,667 of why brand new members probably shouldn't be allowed to start anything other than a thread introducing themselves.

+1

Yeah, maybe they should wait until at least a hundred to even post. (get it)

Still I would say without the right FO Grimm would have no chance of success. Unless you consider just having him bark up and down the sideline winning.

A head coach above all else needs to be a leader of men. If someone can make the case that Grimm is well organized, can instill discipline and mental toughness, I'm on board. I don't know how he has fared as a coach

Some of the criticisms of Grimm were said of Singletary, that he wasn't ready, he was never a playcaller. Singletary is a leader however and you can tell the players on the team at some level fear him, in a good way. No one of that team dares cross him. Hell, I would run into a wall if Singletary asked me to.

While in theory you have a good idea, get a good coordinator who has passion for game, I dont know if Grimm is the one.

I like the idea of bringing a coordinator over a HC though..... shanny + cowher have already won big... whats going to fuel their fire to win? Theyll just collect their payday and retire happy

Oh ok then since you say so, lets hire him! Love your facts and information as to why you think he would make a good HC here.. Great post! I agree we need NEW blood and not more of the past, glad you agree. I support this threasd 100%

:doh:

Well let's see. His name has been thrown into the head coaching discussion numerous times. Why the Steelers chose Tomlin over him, we'll never know...but Steelers management seems to have made the wrong choice, as Tomlin's team, with 19 starters returning, is struggling. We all know that he has leadership qualities. We know his heart will be in 100%.

Players simply need to be led. They already have the talent. It's as John Madden has always said..."Players make plays..."

Well let's see. His name has been thrown into the head coaching discussion numerous times. Why the Steelers chose Tomlin over him, we'll never know...but Steelers management seems to have made the wrong choice, as Tomlin's team, with 19 starters returning, is struggling. We all know that he has leadership qualities. We know his heart will be in 100%.

Something tells me the 2009 Superbowl Champions Steelers are not bemoaning their choice of Mike Tomlin irrespective of their recent slump.

The few times I have heard Grimm interviewed, thought he sounded boring, and not very articulate. I understand he is a good O line coach. But wouldn't we potentially be doing Zorn 2 -- a guy who isn't a great speaker who hasn't run an offense or defense?

Oh' date=' God, no.[/quote']

Agreed!

What has Grimm done, though? Yeah, he's a former Hog and that's awesome but he wasn't the playcaller in Pitt and he's not the playcaller now in Arizona. In that sense, what REALLY makes him a better hire than Zorn was 2 years ago?

Serious question because I really don't know why people want him this badly. Am I missing something or is it just because he's a former Redskin great? If so, I think that's a bad reason to hire someone.

And I wish I knew.

Players simply need to be led. They already have the talent. It's as John Madden has always said..."Players make plays..."

Made the wrong choice? Umm, I don't know if you noticed, but they won a SB under Tomlin. It's VERY hard to repeat in the NFL. And their best player (Polomalu) has been hurt most of the year. The Patriots haven't won a SB in 5 years, is Belichick still the wrong choice. Bad logic man.

Ok I start my point by saying this..

He's the #2 guy in Arizona for a reason!

Wisenhunt made sure to bring Grimm over bcause he knew what a special coach this guy is. since he's been over there Arizona has probably the best play from their o-line ( John Madden commented on this yesterday on Westwood one radio) and they actually have a running game to go with the passing attack.

Why does Grimm have to be a play caller in order to be the head coach? Jimmy Johnson didnt call plays, Belichick has never called plays in NE, Tomlin doesn't call plays for the Steelers in fact they run a totally different defense than what he coached in Minnesota! BTW Coughlin has never called plays for the Jags or Giants.

So that's the last three out of four Super bowl champs who's HC didnt call plays. Its not about play calling its about structure leadership and vision. Grimm was ALWAYS the spokesperson for the Hogs. He was the one rallying the team when folks said the Redskins were gonna get butchered. All he has to do is come in, bring some of his defensive, offensive and special teams coaches, keep Sherm Lewis as the offensive coordinator and install a more effective running game and we have our Super bowl contender!

Archived