Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2009 NFC Pro Bowl Picks

pointyfootball

My picks. Argue/discuss/ridicule/make your own picks.

NFC Pro Bowl

Offense:

QB (3): Brees(NO), Favre (MIN), Rodgers (GB)

RB (3): Jackson (STL), Petersen (MIN), Williams (CAR)

FB (1): Weaver (PHI)

WR (4): Fitzgerald (ARI), White (ATL), Smith (NYG), Rice (MIN)

TE (2): Gonzalez (ATL), Davis (SF)

OT (3): Gross (CAR), Baker (ATL), McKinnie (MIN)

OG (3): Hutchinson (MIN), Snee (NYG), Davis (DAL)

C (2): O'hara (NYG), Brown (STL)

Defense:

DE (3): Allen (MIN), Smith (NO), Cole (PHI)

DT (3): Haynesworth (WAS), Williams (MIN), Ratliff (DAL)

ILB (2): Willis (SF), Fletcher (WAS)

OLB (3): Briggs (CHI), Ware (DAL), Greenway (MIN)

CB (3): Woodson (GB), Samuel (PHI), Talib (TB)

S (3): Sharper (NO), Wilson (ARI), Collins (GB)

Special Teams:

K (1): Akers (PHI)

P (1): Graham (ARI)

KR/PR (1): Smith (TB)

NFC Pro Bowl

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

good picks, I cant find anything wrong with em.....it makes me think this though, imagine Ratliff and Haynsworth playing DT together in a 4-3.......those two guys are players!!!!

NFC Pro Bowl

Offense:

Defense:

Special Teams:

I think Orakpo is making a STRONG case for the PB

good picks, I cant find anything wrong with em.....it makes me think this though, imagine Ratliff and Haynsworth playing DT together in a 4-3.......those two guys are players!!!!

Well if you want to do that, imagine Haynesworth and Ratliff on the inside, with Carter and Orakpo at DE and Ware at OLB. Or swap Orakpo and Ware.

That would be fun to watch.

Be great if we could see that during the pro bowl.

Well if you want to do that, imagine Haynesworth and Ratliff on the inside, with Carter and Orakpo at DE and Ware at OLB. Or swap Orakpo and Ware.

That would be fun to watch.

Be great if we could see that during the pro bowl.

i was thinking the same thing....Combine Dallas and Washington and have

Rak Haynsworth Rat Ware

nice front four right there!!!!

Wouldn't even need cornerbacks with those guys out there.

heck, you could probably bring in Roy Williams (SS) and pair him with Landry (FS) and still not have coverage problems.

Unfortunately... Thankfully at least last game he stopped all of the dancing around like a Cowboy...

Maybe he finally realized that he looks ridiculous dancing when he constantly gets burned.

Hard for me to see Desean not getting in over Steve Smith or Sydney Rice. Their cumulative stats might be better, but they haven't impacted games the way #10 has.

Orakpo's gotta be in, but Carter doesn't strike me as deserving. I'll put in Orakpo and pull Lance Briggs.

How do Smith and Cole deserve it more than Carter?

Hard for me to see Desean not getting in over Steve Smith or Sydney Rice. Their cumulative stats might be better, but they haven't impacted games the way #10 has.

Orakpo's gotta be in, but Carter doesn't strike me as deserving. I'll put in Orakpo and pull Lance Briggs.

Both have 11 sacks, how is Orakpo so much more deserving than Carter?

Both have 11 sacks, how is Orakpo so much more deserving than Carter?

Because when I watch games, Orakpo changes the complexion of an offense's approach, whereas Carter does not.

It always makes me laugh that most people agree that sacks are an inadequate measure of the impact that pass rushers have on games, but then everyone is more than willing to use them as the sole measure of evaluation when it comes time for pro bowls, draft grades, hall of fame discussions, etc.

A hybrid statistic of sacks, passes deflected, TFLs, times held, hurries, knock downs, forced fumbles, with a negative for times called for roughing the passer would be something I'd support. We all know that great defensive ends make an impact on more than 10-15 plays a year. So why do we continue to evaluate players as if that's the only measure that's available?

Because when I watch games, Orakpo changes the complexion of an offense's approach, whereas Carter does not.

It always makes me laugh that most people agree that sacks are an inadequate measure of the impact that pass rushers have on games, but then everyone is more than willing to use them as the sole measure of evaluation when it comes time for pro bowls, draft grades, hall of fame discussions, etc.

A hybrid statistic of sacks, passes deflected, TFLs, times held, hurries, knock downs, forced fumbles, with a negative for times called for roughing the passer would be something I'd support. We all know that great defensive ends make an impact on more than 10-15 plays a year. So why do we continue to evaluate players as if that's the only measure that's available?

I am not using sacks as the only measure though. He also has the most tackles for a loss of any DE, has force 3 fumbles, and has done well this season getting pressure on the QB. That including the sacks indicate to me that he should be in the pro bowl. He is having a very good year.

Good points. I still think Carter has been having a great year though. That hybrid stat thing is interesting. It would be cool to see something like that. It would be like a QB rating, only with a difference formula for each position on the field.

So who do you think deserves it? Or should the whole team just be the Saints, given their historical excellence?

guards jahri evans and/or carl nicks would be a nice start, since they are on the OL that is first in the NFC in passing, 2nd in the NFC in rushing, and first in the NFC in sacks allowed..

Only one saint on offense? This is the one of the best offenses the league has ever seen...what a shame that would be.

Colston's 7th in yards, 10th in receptions and 3rd in TDs in NFC. Close but I don't think that gets him there..

If Bell & Thomas weren't splitting duties, then one of them most likely would have made it (assuming they could stay healthy), as they're both in the top 15 in yards.

Shockey - no way.

Linemen - I'll be honest and admit I'm not a OL expert. I do think Brees makes them look good with his quick decisions and ability to get rid of the ball quickly. If Brown were still playing, I could see him being a nominee.

Colston's 7th in yards, 10th in receptions and 3rd in TDs in NFC. Close but I don't think that gets him there..

If Bell & Thomas weren't splitting duties, then one of them most likely would have made it (assuming they could stay healthy), as they're both in the top 15 in yards.

Shockey - no way.

Linemen - I'll be honest and admit I'm not a OL expert. I do think Brees makes them look good with his quick decisions and ability to get rid of the ball quickly. If Brown were still playing, I could see him being a nominee.

I agree with your assessments of the skill position guys - only Colston is close. But the biggest oversight to me would be no representatives from the OL that is clearly outperforming every other OL in the NFC.

Archived