Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need help with my daughter's Science Homework

Capt. Kaos

I'll admit that science is/was my absolute worst subject.

My daughter has 2 questions she can't answer and I can't find the answers on the internet anywhere.

Q: The process that a virus uses to reproduce (2 words/ 10 letters)

Q? A thick protective covering that protects bacteria when it is in danger (9 letters)

Thanks for helping the dum-dum :silly:

My daughter has 2 questions she can't answer and I can't find the answers on the internet anywhere.

Q? A thick protective covering that protects bacteria when it is in danger (9 letters)

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=The+process+that+a+virus+uses+to+reproduce&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&oq=The+process+that+a+virus+uses+to+reproduce&fp=b36c7832dbb01be6

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=A+thick+protective+covering+that+protects+bacteria+when+it+is+in+danger&aq=f&aqi=&oq=A+thick+protective+covering+that+protects+bacteria+when+it+is+in+danger&fp=b36c7832dbb01be6

:silly:

Dude, she's awful young to be in college. Ask her professor for help!

i wonder what schools are doing that makes kids learn things rather than just google answers...

not getting on you specifically or your daughter it just amazes me how easy answers are and how it wouild seem kids can just regurgitate stuff without any actual synthesis effectively getting through grade school with a search engine.

The number one result of that search is now this thread :doh:

We've made it!!! ES is now the reference material of choice.

See what the internet has created for you, parents? Your children can now be getting their information about the world from Tailgate.

Endospore works for the second answer. An endospore is created by some bacteria when they are in danger or in very harmful environments.

I also just studied viruses and cant remember any two answer for how viruses replicate. The invade host cells, use their reproductive and metabolic machinery, produce more viruses, and then push their way out of the cell taking some of the cell well with them that has the protective proteins to stop antibodies from killing them.

A threesome.

SaranWrap

I know. You ask for help, and everybody wants to be a smart-ass.

Endospore works for the second answer. An endospore is created by some bacteria when they are in danger or in very harmful environments.

I also just studied viruses and cant remember any two answer for how viruses replicate. The invade host cells, use their reproductive and metabolic machinery, produce more viruses, and then push their way out of the cell taking some of the cell well with them that has the protective proteins to stop antibodies from killing them.

Both of those seem to be correct, thanks.

As for the rest of you tailgate hoodlums :chair:

Archived