Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-4=Pitchforks and Torches; 4-9=We are on the right track

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Dan Snyder is smarter than I am. I have come to accept that.

He realizes that he has a fanbase that can get upset for as many as three weeks. But, at the end of it all, the Redskins fan base really really really loves its team. And it is a love that may be unprecedented in any city outside of Green Bay.

In Philly, Andy Reid has done nothing but win games and just got a contract extension. This made my father in law so depressed that he may drop his season tickets. Again, I repeat, the fans are angry that the winningest coach in team history is going to stick around.

In Pittburgh, the team is one year removed from a Super Bowl. This means that the fans want to fire the head coach and both coordinators (one of whom may get into the Hall of Fame next year for being a super coordinator).

In New England, the team is 8-5 and should win its division. This means that the media is ready to ask if Belichik has lost it and if the team is hopelessly dysfunctional.

Cleveland and Tampa are probably both going to fire their coaches after one season.

But all it took for Redskins fans to come back into the fold was a 1-3 stretch and some generally competent play.

Dan Snyder has an organization whose profit is in no way tied to on-field success.

A month ago, this board was ready to call in a firing squad. Now, the Skins could bring back Campbell, Zorn, and Vinny and you might get an angry tirade from BLC...but that's about it.

I stand in awe of Ashburn. Well played, sirs.

It's nice to see our squad giving it their all...executing...and doing what they are paid, supported, and supposed to do.

I won't, however, allow their recent accomplishments / success blind the fact that Dan Snyder is the poster boy for embarrassment and selfish, unintelligent, and moronic decision making. The same sentiment is mirrored towards Vinny. Fred Davis, Mal'comb' Kelly, and Devin Thomas are now showing some progress. It still doesn't change the fact that you neglected the offensive line...and missed the boat on DeSean Jackson.

I love that our squad is playing well...but I hate that two of the top three most idiotic men in professional football reside in Ashburn.

...The third is Al Davis - owner of the team we just put up 30+ on...

Here's Vinny in a quick nutshell:

Phillip Daniels goes down...A Buzbee goes down...and Vinny trades a 2nd round (+ plus) to get an aging defensive end that costs $8mill / season that everyone in football knows could never succeed in a run-heavy NFC EAST.

All the while Chris Wilson.....quietly lurking on our depth chart...getting sacks and hurting QBs whenever given the opportunity.

Fire Vinny, end the pain.

Thanks.

im truly baffled beyond words today.

one win and everything is fine. unreal.

I dont see how its so bad to be happy after a win. Regardless of record. I mean we have only gotten to enjoy that feeling 4 times this season.

Everyone still knows we have severe offensive line problems, and our coach is well......hardly a coach at this point.

Agreed with most of what you said. The thing in Philly is though they have an empty trophy case. If Andy Reid won A million games and never won a SB what all does it matter? The Eagles are the ultimate Regular season champs and nothing more. Their fans are bitter as hell. Can you imagine?! You have us the Pokes and the Gnats with a compined 11 Super Bowl Victories and the Iggles have not contributed to that at all. Our issue is that we know what glory days are like and just havent been there in a while. So, 4-9 to me only feels ok because we know where we are headed. At 2-4 we still had a shot at a turnaround.

im truly baffled beyond words today.

one win and everything is fine. unreal.

I dont see how its so bad to be happy after a win. Regardless of record. I mean we have only gotten to enjoy that feeling 4 times this season.

Everyone still knows we have severe offensive line problems, and our coach is well......hardly a coach at this point.

Exactly. I don't think too many people are petitioning to keep everything the same for 2010. I think a lot of us are pleasantly surprised with the effort and execution of some of the younger players down the stretch.

I still believe we can improve the OL (duh!), QB, LB, DB, and RB positions. But I think we have the luxury to do that over a two-year span...we're not going to solve everything in one off-season so I'm not mortified to have some of the current players as place-holders in 2010. I couldn't say that 3 or 4 weeks ago.

its not that, its that im reading today that after yesterday we need to retain zorn, retain campbell, only switch a few things and draft some olineman, and we'll be ready to go, and as of like a few weeks ago, most people were talking about blowing it up.

im just surprised that one win and 2 30 point games could have a massive 180 effect on so many people.

I also think it helps that the young guys like Thomas and Davis are starting to play better. That has given us some hope in the future. Its also nice to see guys like Ganther, Mike Williams, Levi, etc playing well too. I think its giving us some optimism for next season. But, we still need to make some changes and get help along to the OL.

I'm not mortified to have some of the current players as place-holders in 2010. I couldn't say that 3 or 4 weeks ago.

There is definitely some decent back of the roster talent emerging. But do you really want it paired with a Zorn/Campbell led team? Those two have approval ratings that are sky-rocketing.

I know Vinny is still the scape-goat. But a) I don't think Snyder ever fires him and B) I don't see the logic in keeping Zorn and Campbell but someone blaming Vinny for the poor record.

If there is good young talent here, he is the one who found it, right?

There is definitely some decent back of the roster talent emerging. But do you really want it paired with a Zorn/Campbell led team? Those two have approval ratings that are sky-rocketing.

I know Vinny is still the scape-goat. But a) I don't think Snyder ever fires him and B) I don't see the logic in keeping Zorn and Campbell but someone blaming Vinny for the poor record.

If there is good young talent here' date=' he is the one who found it, right?[/quote']

I still firmly want Zorn and Vinny gone. With Campbell, I could go either way depending on the cap situation. I don't want him signed to a long-term deal, but I could be fine with him being tendered an offer and, if no one wants to trade for him, being in the mix at QB next year. We can still draft a QB of the future.

I still firmly want Zorn and Vinny gone. With Campbell, I could go either way depending on the cap situation. I don't want him signed to a long-term deal, but I could be fine with him being tendered an offer and, if no one wants to trade for him, being in the mix at QB next year. We can still draft a QB of the future.

do we keep bingo lewis and blache? if zorn goes they have to go dont they?

Gotta get rid of Blache too. Let the next coach decide on Lewis. He seems like he knows our players well after only a few short weeks.

Well, I think the new coach should decide on everyone...but if Lewis can get to know our players that quickly after being retired for 4-5 years, shouldn't most active coaches have the same success?

Well, I think the new coach should decide on everyone...but if Lewis can get to know our players that quickly after being retired for 4-5 years, shouldn't most active coaches have the same success?

Yeah that's true too, at least you would hope so.

I wouldn't be pissed if they kept Zorn, especially if there are no other options out there. I think we have to bring in another WCO guy if we're gonna keep Campbell around. No sense in making him learn another playbook.

Yeah that's true too, at least you would hope so.

I wouldn't be pissed if they kept Zorn, especially if there are no other options out there. I think we have to bring in another WCO guy if we're gonna keep Campbell around. No sense in making him learn another playbook.

If they keep Campbell and are investing in him (not just keeping him for one more year while they groom a rookie), I think you're right about the WCO. That in itself is hilarious since it's probably the biggest mismatch of QB skills to offense in the league. But, at this point, you wouldn't want to stop his progression.

Archived