Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observations from the game.

NoCalMike

First of all Campbell.

In some areas I felt he made strides, he did a great job on his reads, and finding the open man. He stayed patient, but would throw the ball away when he had to.

My biggest area of concern today was his tossing the slant routes. It seemed like he was consistently throwing the slant routes behind the WR, which is a recipe for disaster, because in these cases it will usually bounce off the WR and up in the air, which did happen today but luckily it wasn't picked.

Our 2008 Draft picks have arrived. They are out there making big plays and are starting to play well as a unit.

Laron Landry needs to be moved to Strong Safety permanently. The guy makes plays at SS. When you don't have to worry about him being burned on long bombs, the guy can actually go out there and make big plays against the run and ball hawk in the middle of the field.

The D-line was pretty damn good today, but I sorta felt that once Gradkowski got hurt, the Raider's o-line kind of gave up. I mean our D was bringing QB pressure all day, but suddenly when JaMarcus comes in, it seemed like every blitz went from near miss to SACK or Forced Fumble.

Jamarcus Russell is a joke. If he gets cut by Raiders, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do I want him anywhere near a burgandy & gold jersey.

Raiders fans, I know your team sucks, but 25-30k fans? Reaaaaally? It was f-ing pathetic to sit in this stadium and realize more folks probably show up for a tuesday night A's/Devil Rays game. LOL.

Raiders fans were pretty decent, but face it, it's because they know absolutely nothing is on the line.

I dunno how it came across on TV, but the second Jamarcus came in, the Raiders fans basically booed their offense nonstop.

The officiating was borderline horrible today on both sides of the ball. However I found it hilarious that sitting among Raider fans, I heard them spouting the same exact "THE NFL HATES US" type stuff that we see on this very board every time we lose. Haha. Perspective.

Nice to see that our team has not given up and/or mailed it in with basically nothing on the line. I imagine part of it is the fact that we have a bunch of youngsters out there trying to secure a position on this team for next season, but I still give kudos to this team for still fighting their guts out and not just beating the Raiders, but delivering the Redskins biggest road game route since 2001. Part of the reason I believe Zorn must be given a 3rd season!

I took a bunch of pics, will post some later. :)

Watching on tv, I felt like on a few of those slant plays, Campbell threw slightly behind because he was throwing around a lineman with his hands up.

Totally agree with you about Landry

Their O Line definitely seemed more porous after losing Gradkowski, but I think more of the sacks occurred because Russell doesn't have the foot speed to be nimble in the pocket.

You could hear the fans booing constantly on tv.

Glad you got to see a win!

Even sadder than some people have found ways to convince themselves that he's better than Jason Campbell.

Hm.....to the "haters'" credit, I haven't seen THAT comparison much. And I'd hope if someone even tried to make that comparison, they'd be shouted down.

Laron Landry needs to be moved to Strong Safety permanently. The guy makes plays at SS. When you don't have to worry about him being burned on long bombs, the guy can actually go out there and make big plays against the run and ball hawk in the middle of the field.

This x1000

Nice observations..

I wouldn't get so caught up in Campbell throwing behind a player on a few slants.. it happens. No QB will ever throw perfect passes all game. He had alot of very good throws today including a slant that hit Randle El in the numers which he dropped.

I'm proud that our team is still playing hard.... I'm just upset because even though we've been through so much this year, we still could've been only one game out off first place if we would've simply won those heart breakers against Dallas, Philly or New Orleans. All games that we dominated!

They moved Landry around alot; he was in and around the box; he lined up against DM when he split out as WR;and he also played in deep half Cover 2 on passing downs.

Do you consider this moving to SS?

pretty much agree although my biggest concern with JC now isnt the occassional misstimed passed (I'm used to it now! :silly: ) but if he can survive much longer! he is getting the crapped knocked out of him in some games. As for Landry, he as usual put in some big hits but I'm not convinced a SS position resolves the finer aspects of the game that demand a bit of mental agility where he seems to be found out time and again.

Overall we played OK but there seemed to be a lot of penalties (are the Raiders still the most penalised team in he NFL?) and the Raiders seriously lost their way with Russell - they booed him just because he took a time out to check the Defensive formation facing him - he had been on the field about 60 seconds! :doh:

I had the 'skins game on the laptop while the live game on TV over here was Dullass-Chargers..... I can see a win for us against the pokes. They look like us about 6 games back. Same with the Giants.

:logo:

biggest observation? we finally spanked a team we should spank - not a close game against a crap side like it was against the rams and those early teams

this is what we should have been doing against those sides in the early part of the schedule, beating them by 20+ points. part of being a good side is beating teams you are supposed to beat

Russell is on his way to challenge Leaf as the n°1 qb bust. That was incredible, how a player all by himself can doom an entire team effort by just stepping onto the field.

What was really funny was how the announcers were building him up as he entered the game. "JMarc has really just sat back like Vince Young and calmly worked hard doing the right things to come back". What a come back huh?

I keep telling my 10 year old, don't hang on everyword these guys say, they are wrong more than they are right.

Archived