Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Mosely cant be bothered to mention our game

cjrugger

From Mosely's Redskins-Raiders Wrap Up:

"...Jason Campbell and second-year tight end Fred Davis have found something pretty special."

"It's also encouraging to see running backs Quinton Ganther and Marcus Mason racking up some yards. The Redskins are getting a look at a lot of their young players right now."

"It's impressive that they've continued to compete."

"I think the next head coach can build around this defense."

"And let me say this for the 10th time in the past two weeks. Try to get London Fletcher in the Pro Bowl. He turned in another impressive performance Sunday."

I see his point... Mosley has a "Dallass biass" and we are constantly reminded of 100Million paid to someone who will play about half a season if you count his total number of plays on and off the field. I don't think we need to be reminded of that fact every article.

Mosley did predict that the Skins would give New Orleans a good game and none of us, thought we would be in that one... (be honest).

to add to Mosley's blog... "Orakpo with 4 sacks on the day, just imagine if the 100 million dollar man was in there taking up double teams."

I'm sorry, I've just never understood why people complain about the perceived lack of respect from the media. Respect is earned.

Yet in 05 when we should have had at least 5 players that should have went to the probowl(including brunell).And we ran the table to make into the second round of the playoffs,and nearly toppled Seattle,almost making it into the divisional championship game..We still got no respect..did those feats not warrant just a little respect??We still got none that year,so your argument is not valid,no matter what our team does we will still get little to no respect,hell we can go 16-0 playing lights out football and the media will still find some reason to down play it or make excuses(fluke season,easy schedule ect.)

Yet in 05 when we should have had at least 5 players that should have went to the probowl(including brunell).And we ran the table to make into the second round of the playoffs,and nearly toppled Seattle,almost making it into the divisional championship game..We still got no respect..did those feats not warrant just a little respect??We still got none that year,so your argument is not valid,no matter what our team does we will still get little to no respect,hell we can go 16-0 playing lights out football and the media will still find some reason to down play it or make excuses(fluke season,easy schedule ect.)

What is your proof that the Skins got no respect? Examples?

What is your proof that the Skins got no respect? Examples?

I'm not going to riffle through google looking for all this proof you ask for,just be for real dude,you know in 05 when we were playing good football we were still getting dissed by the media,hell I remember several threads being started about the media's hate of the Skins during that time...One example(not really the media though)is like I said earlier,we had several players that had a probowl season but got passed up in going to Honululu..Sean Taylor,Clinton Portis,Mark Brunell,Chirs Cooley to name a few...In short everyone knows the Skins get no respect no matter what we accomplish..stop faking like you dont know..:rant:

Most of these guys live in the DC area. And listen to DC sports radio. They do not realize we are not a factor anymore.

When i lived in DC i felt the same way. I thought the redskins were still a big deal.

Not 1 person around here thinks about the redskins. At the miami bars we have the smallest tvs.

Its not that people are redskins haters. Sports is bottom line. If you don't win , no one cares.

And yet you come on a Redskins message board?

Oh let me guess your trying to keep it real. And educate the masses.

Since you have stated you don't care, do us all a favor, and prove you don't care.

I'm not going to riffle through google looking for all this proof you ask for,just be for real dude,you know in 05 when we were playing good football we were still getting dissed by the media,hell I remember several threads being started about the media's hate of the Skins during that time...One example(not really the media though)is like I said earlier,we had several players that had a probowl season but got passed up in going to Honululu..Sean Taylor,Clinton Portis,Mark Brunell,Chirs Cooley to name a few...In short everyone knows the Skins get no respect no matter what we accomplish..stop faking like you dont know..:rant:

I know that there are alot of people on this site OBSESSED with perceived media disses that aren't necessarily backed up by fact.

I honestly don't know about the "we're irrelevant" argument.

Last week we took the best team in the league into overtime. We've put up 30 in consecutive weeks, and we're playing our best ball right now. Of course we have no chance of making the playoffs.

But look who plays us the next couple of weeks. Dallas and New York. Both teams are division rivals who are scratching and clawing for the last wild card spot, and they have to come through DC to do it. I'd say we play a pretty big role in the NFCE, as far as playoffs go.

I know that there are alot of people on this site OBSESSED with perceived media disses that aren't necessarily backed up by fact.
So you really believe that the media gives us respect when it is deserved??You really don't remember all the media outlets making excuses for the other team as to why we beat them,and on numerous occasions??Where were you during the 05 season?

Archived