Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Zorn earned another year?

clskinsfan

I NEVER thought I'd be saying this a couple of months ago, but YES, we HAVE TO bring back Zorn as well as Campbell. Even though we are 4-9, we are close (A lot closer than some may think) to being a good football team. Canning Zorn means starting over and drafting a QB means setting us back several years. Also, whoever said to trade Cooley is also nuts. Imagine Cooley and Davis together. That is going to give Defensive Coordinators nightmares. Couple that with the emergence of Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and hopefully Marko Mitchell, move Santana Moss to the slot (Cut Randel El !!!) and we have some serious weapons to throw the ball to. Draft O-Line and a RB (Time to part ways with Portis) and we will make some noise next year. If they fire Zorn and dont re-sign Campbell, you can write off the next 2 years, AT LEAST.

I think Zorn will have to win some more games this year before his fate can be decided. What is interesting to me is the non-highly paid stars are performing very well the past four games. Todd Yoder and the new running back today, etc. Think about it. These guys need their jobs next year and are hungry to do well and perform when given the chance.

LMAO. More YOUR ARE NOT A TRUE FAN DRIVEL!

We our better than our record lol. How many years have i heard that?

Uhh- yeah we are better than our record. Right now I like our chances against both the cowboys and the giants....

and we'd have 2 more wins if Suisham simply made 2 kicks.

I don't think we should keep Zorn. This improvement, if you can call it that, seems to be more attributable to Sherm Lewis and better playcalling than to anything Zorn has done.

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping the West Coast Offense, but I think Zorn and Campbell need to go.

Reading this thread proves that many Redskin fans would be clinically insane if Einstein were to evaluate their mental health.

All I heard about is how we need continuity. Now we show improvement and everyone wants to change the head coach, as if he is the problem. It takes three years. We are not done with year 2.

I just hope Snyder learned from his mistakes following 99 and 01 and does the right thing.

Reading this thread proves that many Redskin fans would be clinically insane if Einstein were to evaluate their mental health.

All I heard about is how we need continuity. Now we show improvement and everyone wants to change the head coach, as if he is the problem. It takes three years. We are not done with year 2.

I just hope Snyder learned from his mistakes following 99 and 01 and does the right thing.

Ok, we are showing improvement, I give you that.

Looking at it a little deeper.....we have improved only when we brought in a new playcaller and one who has not seen our team, has not been in the nfl in a while, has had nothing to do with our team/players/plays at all and was calling bingo at the time....but yet we improve? And HOW does that speak well for Zorn? To me it says "Imagine where we would be if we head better coaches from the start"

A few weeks ago we lost to Dallas 7-6, we showed up for the Saints but we still lost..then we beat the JeMarcus Russell Raiders...that isn't saying too much

Continuity? What do you want to continue upon here? A sitting duck HC who has puppet strings on his back being controlled by a failure GM?

Maybe Zorn can be better, maybe he can't, but I certainly don't want to continue on with this joke that is our operation right now.

LOL contunity does not mean a damn thing in life.

If you are with an abusive husband, it is not going to get better staying with for 10 years.

If your team gets worse from the coaches rookie year to his second year, keeping the same coach is not going to improve your team.

I think you have the opposite. Its insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

We have seen what Campbell and Zorn can do with a top 10 defense. Win 0 NFC east games and go 4-9.

Time for a change.

Uhh- yeah we are better than our record. Right now I like our chances against both the cowboys and the giants....

and we'd have 2 more wins if Suisham simply made 2 kicks.

Of course you like our chances. There is no pressure on us.

Problem with the NFL is when you play spoiler, it means you are out of the playoffs.

WE HAVE BEEN GREAT at playing spoiler for almost 20 years now. We are always competitve with good teams at the end of the season.

We were two flukey plays away from beating the Saints. We've scored 30+ points in back to back games, with a lot of backup players in. We've taken a lead into the fourth quarter in the past four games. We have the top pass-rushing tandem in the league. Despite getting hit on nearly half his dropbacks, Campbell played very well today and has since Lewis took over the playcalling duties.

If we retool the offensive line and add a free safety and strongside linebacker, this team could be a serious contender next year.

Two years ago, everyone was screaming at the front office for stability and continuity.

einstein was a physicist not a psychologist

Our offense has improved due to NEW playcalling why keep Zorn? He's had his hands tied for a long time now and provides the team with no added benefits.

1) Not all HC call their own plays. Having Lewis calling the plays, Zorn is in essence strictly a HC and QB coach with Lewis and Smith as the play caller/OC. Not too much different than a number of teams in the NFL.

2) I agree. Zorn had his hands tied.. with too many hats. You had a career QB coach as a HC, play caller, and QB coach.

Much like the offense was simplified for JC (check with Cooley to back that), it seems like Zorns job was simplified for him as well.

The fact is that whatever you want to call this Redskins team, is working. And unless something is actually broken, it isn't smart to try and fix it completely.

I would be happy if just these things happened during the offseason:

--I think CP needs to take a huge backseat next season if he isn't cut or traded. Rock and Ganther are showing how you don't need a record breaking RB to be successful. Maybe use him during 3rd downs or just keep him fresh until the final stretch of the season or post season.

--ARE needs to go to Chicago where he should have went previously instead of coming to DC. As a WR he isn't terrible. But, DT and Moss are a good enough combo. Mix in MK and Marko and we are ok.

--Depth on the O-line. Draft or hit the FA market on a couple of guys. Even as it is now, its working but isn't where we should be feeling comfortable with it yet.

--either Blades can play outside LB or we need to draft or hit the FA market so we can use Orakpo more as a DE.

--Keep Landry as a SS and figure out who with play FS. I like Moore but if someone else would fit the mold I am ok with it.

Just some basic moves. I wouldn't draft for skill players. Just O-line, possibly LB, CB if needed, than BPA after that.

It isn't 'sexy'. But, for the first time in a while, I don't think we need that 'sexy' offseason. Keep it 'medium', perhaps. :silly:

Yes sir. He seems to have figured things out in the 2nd half, and there's not as much to criticize anymore. The team got off to a nasty start, and he shouldn't be canned because of that.

His performance is disappointing, but give him another year. And I was the one who angrily demanded he be canned and trashed his incompetence calling timeouts at inappropriate times but I tend to have more patience than other people. Give him one more year.

And as others have said above me we need consistency on this team instead of constant tumult every 2 or 3 years. Another offense for Campbell to learn? Come on.

Archived