Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Zorn earned another year?

clskinsfan

Hell to the NO! It took Zorn 14 weeks to grow a pair of NUTS to put his foot on an opposing team's neck. DO IT IN WEEKS 1-5, ZORN!!

When it's a given that 1) Your quarterback can't give you a 4th quarter, game winning drive, 2) Your defense can't stop an ant, when they HAVE to have a stop, and 3) Your kicker can't be counted on to make game winning kicks .........then you as a head coach have to take matters into your own hands and make real attempts at scoring TDs when you're in the red zone! Instead of p**ssy, "scared of your own shadow" attempts!

The Bengals were:

7-9 in 2007.

4-11-1 in 2008.

They stayed the course and moving forward have what looks to be a decent team for the next few years.

-They had massive injuries much like we've had this year.

-Also took a few risks and projects (Benson, C. Henry) like we did this year ( Hall, M.Williams ).

-Their draft picks finally are playing to potential (Defensive especially, Ours on offense)

-Their coach was heavily scrutinized.

-Their front office was hated.

-Their fans were exhausted and disenchanted with older stars (Ochocinco/Palmer).

All I want is for my team and coach to exude heart and swagger. It may have taken a while but it finally looks like the light bulb is clicking for them. I can take a heartbreaking loss to the Saints when I know the team was playing their guts out. What I cannot stand is a 9-7 win (home opener mind you) against a dismal Rams team in which it looked like everyone on the field was just trying to get a paycheck/played scared/timid/heartless.

Patience people, patience.

I am not sure how I feel about the situation. Zorn was not cutting it when he was calling plays. I think having Sherm Lewis really helped Z out because he does not have to focus on calling plays. Zorn still has his say when he needs to or feels he needs to. At the same time though, if we lost Sherm Lewis, but Zorn did not call plays, how would the offense look?

I think Zorn could be a great coach at some point, but he took on way too much responsibility all at one time and it may have bit him in the rear.

Wow...we beat the Raiders. Riggins video this week is so true. He suggested that this improvement could give false hope and will cause Snyder to think we are close, so he won't change his ways. Now the fans are thinking it too. If we come out and beat the Giants and Cowboys, then we'll talk.

Don't forget, Campbell is in a contract year and he is in the most crucial part of his career right now. That said, he has played much better lately. If he plays well and leads us to wins over the Giants and Cowboys, he'll go a long way in winning me over.

Unless we run the table, I think Zorn is probably gone.

Bolster the o-line through the draft, let some high priced vets go, play the young guys, and keep the bulk of staff. Accountability is key--reattach Zorn's balls that they cut off and let him actually make decisions. We are not that far away from being a real team.

Wow...we beat the Raiders. Riggins video this week is so true. He suggested that this improvement could give false hope and will cause Snyder to think we are close, so he won't change his ways. Now the fans are thinking it too. If we come out and beat the Giants and Cowboys, then we'll talk.

Don't forget, Campbell is in a contract year and he is in the most crucial part of his career right now. That said, he has played much better lately. If he plays well and leads us to wins over the Giants and Cowboys, he'll go a long way in winning me over.

Unless we run the table, I think Zorn is probably gone.

I totally agree. I mean, the team has serious potential. I think if the offensive line is fixed and get a ground game going, the offense could be pretty good. Even if the team wins out, the FO really needs to look at itself and evaluate how it operates...unlikely, I know.

They win out, i say bring him and sherman lewis back, otherwise i think we gotta make a change. I like how this team has been playing through all of the controversy this season though, and there showing alot of heart.

This team has definitely been playing with heart. It is good to see that they have not given up seeing how the season has went up to this point.

isnt lewis just calling zorn's plays though?

I think he designs some of them as well.

But either way, if these two guys work together in the offseason and gel, they could come up with something. I think Zorn needed Lewis and it has worked out well. Zorn is a smart enough guy that he'll defer to Lewis and learn from him as well.

I wouldnt mind seeing JZ come back next year. This team should just have a few pieces to add and things could be a lot better this time next year. As in paloff talk. If Marvin Lewis can turn the Cincinnati Criminals around after he should have been fired then why not keep JZ? I know he is not the good or great coach we want at the helm, but you never know just how much he actually learned this year, that could benefit him next year.

I think the case could have been made if Zorn made the decision to give up play calling himself. Instead he made it sound like a guy was to his head and everyone in the world saying this is nuts. Now the offense is playing should (with the OL exception) and you fear blowing it up. Inherently I think this is the problem with the head coach being the play caller. If it doesn't work there is no one to fire but you.

On the plus side he has kept this team together when a few weeks ago people thought it was a 3 year rebuilding project. From that sense he has earned some respect and credibility.

I think if Vinny was let go and a new GM came in made the call to keep him, made some really sound OL and LB decisions in the offseason this team could be considered solid (I almost used contender but until we do it we shouldn't even use the word).

In the end the person that really needs to be fired is the guy that said lets go after Haynesworth & Hall (when its becoming more and more obvious we don't need them) when that money could have been spent on some quality OL help.

I would keep Zorn for another year. Keep Campbell I guess because although I don't think hes great; hes still pretty good. I would trade Cooley for a starting RT and draft a LT in the 1st round. RB in the 2nd hopefully that dude from stanford.

Oh yeah and move cerrato to head of scouting and hire a GM. (no way snyder is going to fire cerrato so this is the best we can hope for)

I think it also comes down to Zorn finally realizing his role. He is finally trusting his coordinators to do their jobs.

This in turn, allows him to focus on making sure his team is "ready to play" instead of micromanaging whatever offensive package he needed to install that week. To me the team has seem prepared and "ready to play" ever since he had the offensive responsibility lifted from him.

What strikes me is that at this point in the season is:

-Does Vinny deserve credit for making the move to make that offensive change?(bringing Sherm in)

-The players still speak very highly of Zorn even when they don't need to.

-If he was in over his head the players would let him sink with the ship but they aren't. They for whatever reason want him back, which speak to me.

Division games is where it's at.

If they roll over NY and Dallas at home, then yeah, let Zorn be back.

As for Campbell. No way. This is still the same bum that can't throw downfield. Nothing has changed.

I think they're pretty much a package deal right now. If one of them REALLY has to go, I think the other will as well. If Zorn stays, we probably keep JC one more year while we groom a rookie QB to replace him, or hope that JC and the team around him improves enough to seriously compete with or without the rookie QB.

I think the team's still fighting hard for Zorn, but his fate is obviously in Snyder's hands. I think some of Zorn's in game decisions are a big mark against him and he still has a lot of maturing to do as a head coach. I would entertain the idea of him being here next year without Vinny.

Absolutely, definitely, without a doubt, you keep this team together for another year. Make Sherm Lewis' position official and designate him OC.

3 or 4 weeks ago, this team was dead in the water, playing worse than a high school JV team, making all sorts of stupid mistakes every game and playing with absolutely no heart. Even though they knew they had no real chance at playoffs and people have been saying since about week 3 that both the HC and QB were lame ducks and would both be gone at season's end, if not sooner, the team has stuck together. Zorn has to get credit for that. He has managed to keep this team motivated, keep them together, not fighting each other, and get them to IMPROVE. Their play execution has improved, discipline has improved, effort and heart have improved. Zorn has to get credit for that.

Sherm Lewis has changed the play calling and given us better tempo and he gets credit for that. Still, he's calling mostly Zorn's plays. Zorn isn't an idiot, he was just a little bit off. Needed a bit more seasoning. These guys, with all the missing pieces, are still playing their hearts out and playing pretty damn well. It's good that they beat Oakland. They're supposed to beat Oakland. But at the beginning of the year, they wouldn't have. The path to the playoffs in every sport is to beat the snot out of the bad teams, and break about even with the good ones. We need to keep Zorn, he's somehow found his way to motivate players, he's kept together a team of overpaid superstars who know that management has tried to cut off his balls, he's shown resilience in the face of adversity and (with guidance from Sherm Lewis) he's learning and improving. JC can play when he has an OL, a receiving option other than Moss, and a RB who makes 2d efforts.

Keep them together, draft OL, start DT/ MK and cut Portis.

The Bengals were:

7-9 in 2007.

4-11-1 in 2008.

They stayed the course and moving forward have what looks to be a decent team for the next few years.

-They had massive injuries much like we've had this year.

-Also took a few risks and projects (Benson, C. Henry) like we did this year ( Hall, M.Williams ).

-Their draft picks finally are playing to potential (Defensive especially, Ours on offense)

-Their coach was heavily scrutinized.

-Their front office was hated.

-Their fans were exhausted and disenchanted with older stars (Ochocinco/Palmer).

All I want is for my team and coach to exude heart and swagger. It may have taken a while but it finally looks like the light bulb is clicking for them. I can take a heartbreaking loss to the Saints when I know the team was playing their guts out. What I cannot stand is a 9-7 win (home opener mind you) against a dismal Rams team in which it looked like everyone on the field was just trying to get a paycheck/played scared/timid/heartless.

Patience people, patience.

QFT.

Thank you. Many seem to have lost theirs. I can understand why though. This season sux.

Archived