Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato explains Suisham release D.C Sports Blog

DMVSkins

Suisham was the worst kicker in the league last year.

Maybe that should have been the last straw.

I'm just saying.

Except that the coaching staff went to bat for him, won the job in training camp, and started the season 12 for 12. It didn't look like a bad move, and I wouldn't be shocked of Suisham is working somewhere next year.

Let's hope Gano is as much of a stud that his fans think he is.

The guy is still bragging about the National Championship ring he "won" while working as Lou Holtz's bag-man, and he's playing a role in destroying a franchise and legacy I care about.

I happened to be in the car when his show was on this morning. Didn't catch who was talking - it may have been Kiper, I think it was - but someone made reference to how Notre Dame needed to get back to the "Holtz / Cerrato" years and Vinny giggled.

Our de facto GM, ladies and gentlemen.

Except that the coaching staff went to bat for him, won the job in training camp, and started the season 12 for 12. It didn't look like a bad move, and I wouldn't be shocked of Suisham is working somewhere next year.

Yes, let's hope.

Maybe Dallas will be looking for a new kicker. They have already gone to a new holder. I'm grateful that our holder is doing so well with all of his roles. That is important. Hopefully Gano will be a good move and we'll be set for a bit. If not, hopefully they figure it out fast too and we can get this solved before 2010 begins.

But my biggest hope of all, in spite of my agreement with getting rid of Suisham right now, is that Vinny is gone well before the 2010 NFL Draft.

Sure shaun missed a chip shot but what about our defense? Is it not fair to our offense that the defense continues to give up big plays?

Oh come on DUDE! You are going there!? Our D has been the ONLY damn thing consistent the last few years! Now that they give up some big plays its ALL on our D!? The only reason we are not 0-12 is cuz of our D. Get a GRIP!

This is BS.

I'm excited for Gano and maybe he'll be our answer, but Suisham was obviously made to be the scapegoat for an underperforming team.

Suisham didn't give up long TD passes. Suisham didn't throw an INT late in the game. One player doesn't win or lose a game and to try to put it all on a single player is classless.

And what would you like done?

Its the kicker, there's only 1. You can't just bench him and bring in the backup.

Fair enough. But Snyderatto have never hesitated in the past to cut people against coaches wishes (Spurrier hated seeing Kenny Watson cut).

My main point is that the entire concept of "accountability" is applied VERY selectively in Ashburn.

This is one time when VC was completely right in his decision making.

His explaination is good and his reasons were just. What player was going to want Suisham in the locker room after that killer miss? None. Good job Vinny and good luck next year in whatever venture you decide to explore after football.

Cerrato's an idiot. This has Dan's fingerprints all over it. Doesn't look like anything will be changing any time soon with the Redskins. Snyder's sock puppet will still be here next year and it'll be same old, same old, with Snyder unable to keep his nose out of footballing decisions.

I'm confused -- did you make a post of sighing because I called Shaun Suisham "Shazam," or because I labeled Vinny "Vincenzo."

Because Fred Smoot came up with Shazam, so I can't really be faulted there.

If it's about Vinny, well he's been called a lot worse.

The guy is still bragging about the National Championship ring he "won" while working as Lou Holtz's bag-man, and he's playing a role in destroying a franchise and legacy I care about.

So I could justifiably call him a lot worse than Vincenzo, but I won't, because I think it's a funny name.

Eh, name-calling is just a way to make a valid argument less credible, that's all. I'm not talking about Shazam, because I know that's a term of endearment.

that guy thinks you are immoral if you start name calling. he thinks u are a bad person i tell ya.

Listen to this guy and your credibility will go to nothing, just like his.

His explaination is good and his reasons were just. What player was going to want Suisham in the locker room after that killer miss? None. Good job Vinny and good luck next year in whatever venture you decide to explore after football.

Seriously, I don't understand why people can't compartmentalize on this board.

Vinny did something right. Get over it.

I really could not give a crap about Shaun Suisham, but Brian Orakpo was on radio today and said he did not think Suisham should have been let go.

Well, for me it's simple. Yes, Suisham did go 12 for 12, but in the grand scheme of things those kicks were made with little pressure given that Washington was rarely in a position to mount a serious comeback in those games.

When it mattered, Suisham came up short, and that's what you have to look at.

If he can't make the kicks when the pressure is on what good is it to continue to keep him around.

Against Dallas, at the very least he's got to split on the two attempts. The missed kick against the Saints should never happen.

From that perspective you have to ask yourself, can this kid deliver with the game on the line? The answer based on empirical evidence is a clear no.

So why not spend the rest of the season evaluating players that came out of college with considerable pedigree?

Gano is an intriguing prospect because he's also a decent punter, which is an incredible asset with Hunter getting up there and having missed games due to injury in the past.

It's a coldblooded move no doubt, but it's tough to argue with the general idea behind it.

I really could not give a crap about Shaun Suisham, but Brian Orakpo was on radio today and said he did not think Suisham should have been let go.

With all due respect to my favorite player on the team, who cares? He's playing the good-guy role who would never, ever blame any specific player.

To be honest, if ANY player wants to ever blame ANY other player, then he should be cut immediately. NFL players should be pissed at themselves for not doing a better job and pissed at the team in general for not stepping it up. I don't want anyone on my team who will ever blame another player.

With all due respect to my favorite player on the team, who cares? He's playing the good-guy role who would never, ever blame any specific player.

To be honest, if ANY player wants to ever blame ANY other player, then he should be cut immediately. NFL players should be pissed at themselves for not doing a better job and pissed at the team in general for not stepping it up. I don't want anyone on my team who will ever blame another player.

Why would Brian Orakpo go out of his way and try to rationalize why he would have kept Shaun Suisham after Lavar Arrington and Chad Dukes openly questioned his sentiment.

And I was merely responding to someone claiming that no player would want Shaun Suisham. Obviously, Brian Orakpo is one.

Why would Brian Orakpo go out of his way and try to rationalize why he would have kept Shaun Suisham after Lavar Arrington and Chad Dukes openly questioned his sentiment.

And I was merely responding to someone claiming that no player would want Shaun Suisham. Obviously, Brian Orakpo is one.

Sorry, that came off as an attack on you. It wasn't meant to be! :cheers:

However, the media is supposed to stir the pot. No player should speak ill of another team mate, especially if he were just let go. Ever.

It's the coach and management who has to be the bad guy, always. A real player defends other players on his team 100% of the time, unless he stabs another player in the neck. Then I can understand.

Archived