Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Colts Looking For A Third QB

visionary

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/10/colts-in-the-market-for-a-third-qb/

The Colts are hopeful that they can add a veteran backup quarterback next week, according to a league source, and will try to build in roster flexibility to do so.

With Jim Sorgi placed on season-ending injured reserve this week, the Colts currently have just rookie Curtis Painter behind Peyton Manning.

The Colts did ask a few veterans about working out for them this week, but that didn’t materialize. A few veteran quarterbacks with starting experience are available, including J.P. Losman, Jeff Garcia, Patrick Ramsey and Todd Bouman — the latter two recently had good workouts for the Steelers — as well as Cleo Lemon and Andrew Walter, who was a candidate to work out this week, according to a league source.

Wouldn't it be wild if Ramsey somehow ended up playing in the playoffs for the Colts? LMAO!

(Not that I expect them to pick him up or for Manning to get hurt)

Where's Gus anyway?

You would think they might give him a look.

Jim Sorgi is being placed on IR? What, did he get an infection in his *** from a splinter on the bench?

Trade them Todd Collins for a 7th. That seems to be the only round other than the 1st that our FO can actually find a player worth a damn in the draft.

I don't think we can make trades during the season. lol

Although that might be an idea after the year...but they should probably have Sorgi back next year anyway.

I don't think we can make trades during the season. lol

Although that might be an idea after the year...but they should probably have Sorgi back next year anyway.

Yeah, I know that the trade deadline passed back in October, and that Sorgi will be back next year. It was a smart-ass response. And I know Peyton Manning has never missed a game.....until he does, so it's not like they'd trade a conditional 7th in 2013 for a 3rd string QB anyway.

I can see Colts fans now, writhing in agony at the unsettled state of their #3 quarterback position. Woe is them. Oh well, at least they only have 1 superbowl to show for those 7 straight seasons of 12+ wins. Thats something...

Well it won't really be their 3rd QB position.

I'm guessing they don't plan on using Painter as number 2 behind Manning in the playoffs.

Archived