Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we ever truly win the war on terror?

Toe Jam

Your argument is flawed because in the holy Koran it says an "eye for an eye tooth for a tooth". Is their anything in the bible like that? It my opinon that the Christians wouldn't preach extremism if the roles were reversed.

Do I think we can win the war on terror? Yes but it is not going to happen over night. It starts with the training of the Afghan National Police and Army. Coupled with the further assistance of Pakistan in their tribal regions on the boarder of Afghanistan and the eradication of corupution with in their own Inteligence agnecy would even further the fight. We are still a long way from the end of the war on terror.

Uhmm, yeah it's in the bible.....lol

Terrorism is a tactic and so a war on terror is meaningless.

This....its like saying that we're fighting a "war on guerilla warfare."

If the question is whether violent Islamic extremism can be defeated then the answer I think is yes, but it could take generations.

...and this, hearts and minds, hearts and minds, but until the governments and industries of the world stop looking at the world as something to be manipulated when it is only in their best interests then it will never be done and even if the violent Islamic extremists quit sooner or later someone will take their place.

Seems to me people misunderstand the term "War on Terror". The skeptics accuse supporters of the "War on Terror" of being simplistic, looking at the world in black and white terms. The same line is used over and over... "there's no way to defeat terror because it's not tangible".

However, I think these arguements are, ironically, simplistic in itself. They look at the literal definition of the words "war on terror" and spin U.S. intentions to make it fit that simple-minded definition.

"War on terror" is simply a blanket term used to headline a list of objectives the U.S. seeks to accomplish. These objectives DO NOT suggest that American operatives are out finding every single radical or dangerous unbalanced nutcase in the world. Rather, the U.S. intends to attack organized terror groups.

The U.S. acts to attack these groups by military operations, precision moves to take out leadership, cutting weapon and ammunition supply lines, and most importantly cash flow. Organized terror groups aren't a bunch of lunatics living in tents in the desert. Major terror organizations bring in tons of money through a variety of connections. These organizations are also a lot more complex than people seem to think.

Though there will always be a supply of dangerous unstable radicals in this world, the U.S. can successfully eliminate terror organizations. And it's the organizations that have the planning, materials, and the money to pull off major attacks on America.

Look PAST the words "war on terror" and look a little deeper. It's a war we can win.

And yet, whenever anybody asks why we invaded Iraq, the answer is "well, there were terrorists there".

(Finding it amusing (in the same way that Dr. Strangelove is amusing) that we've been fighting a war for six years now, and we can't pin down exactly who we're at war with.)

Why is there terror to begin with? What or who brought up this terror?

Humans did. As long as the human race exist there will always be terror. Terror will end once the human race end. It is sometime simple is that.

Or if people got what they wanted and others left them alone maybe there wouldn't be terror.

I know I make it so simple but it is.

If you see two kids fighting over a toy what do you do. You tell them to play together.

As human we are not very good at sharing things that we like to have for ourselves.

We become adult but we are nothing but big kids now. Some of these big kids in power are fighting over land, money, and more power. These men and woman have forgotten how to play together and share this ONE world. These people will dying trying to obtain something they can't even enjoy when they are under 6 feet under. This is the ironic part of humans. We will die for something that we can't enjoy. And to say this will be for our kids. But if you are a kid thrown to this terror who are you leaving this behind for.

It is a very sad world we live in. And to think people make a big deal about the Redskins FO.

There might be an award for peace but when there really isn't one.

Please don't try to tell me that you honestly believe that, before Bush, the US didn't support Israel, and terrorism didn't exist.

I agree with you Larry...

It's a real problem when people here bring Israel into the conversation with the Palestinians because most of the people in America don't have the foggiest idea what is really going on over there...

Your argument is flawed because in the holy Koran it says an "eye for an eye tooth for a tooth". Is their anything in the bible like that? It my opinon that the Christians wouldn't preach extremism if the roles were reversed.

Do I think we can win the war on terror? Yes but it is not going to happen over night. It starts with the training of the Afghan National Police and Army. Coupled with the further assistance of Pakistan in their tribal regions on the boarder of Afghanistan and the eradication of corupution with in their own Inteligence agnecy would even further the fight. We are still a long way from the end of the war on terror.

As another poster mentioned, there are passages that call for an eye for an eye that can be found in the bible... The problem is that every religious text can be used to justify just about anything and most of the time is...

This Islamic Extremism is a product of our culture forcing ourselves upon theirs(look at the long history of Western Colonialism along with our history of taking their resources). It wasn't until then that these radical clerics had an audience... Radical violence is the "push back" from those people whose lives have been ruined by foreign occupying forces... Islam is just the excuse...

I still feel it would be the same for Christians in America if the roles were reversed... We would fight tooth and nail against anyone coming to our land and pushing us around and if a Christian leader says that to fight the Muslim unbeliever as a mission from god I think some of us would rightly take on our perceived religious duties if the frame of reference is that of a holy war...

Can you imagine if you were sitting here and the muslims were wondering how to win a war on terror? To us it would be easy... Just go away and leave us alone...

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Good lord that has probably got to be the most atrocious interpretation of that verse I have ever seen in my life. You have completely ripped it from the context in which it was spoken where Jesus is talking about how following him is going to cause strife within families etc, and you've made it into a call to arms by Jesus, and in doing so you have simply raped the scripture how disgusting. Next time before you go quoting something try not to treat it like a 3 year old on a drum set just banging away.

Matthew 10:32 - 11:1 "Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; 33 but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven. 34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and one's foes will be members of one's own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 40 "Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet's reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42 and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple-- truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward."

When you act as inconsiderately as america has to the rest of the world, the fuel on the fire of terrorism is neverending.

:hysterical:...yep America is the cause....and ultimately the Jews of course,which are really controlling everything from behind the scenes.

We have found the fount of evil in the world,and if we can just eradicate them and their toadies peace will reign in the hearts of men.

We have found the fount of evil in the world,and if we can just eradicate them and their toadies peace will reign in the hearts of men.

Really? We found the fount of evil in the world? And where might that be? Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, the West Bank, Gaza, Somalia, Darfur, Rwanda, Serbia, Ireland, Columbia, Mexico................ You find me the "found of evil" in the world and I'll be the first to call for a full scale bombardment of it and anything withing 10 miles of it. The only problem is that the "found of evil" in the world is in every living human being walking this planet today, TWA as a Christian you should know the reality of fallen humanity and as such you should know that falleness is not a condition reserved for a few but one shared by all.

Yeah, I never quite understood why people were under the impression this had anything to do with something other than limited resources.

I don't think it's about limited resources. At least, I don't think it's the primary reason.

I do think that limited resources is the reason why we don't just tell them all to kill each other. I also think that limited resources is the reason why they think they can act the way they do and get away with it.

US history the past 3 to 5 decades with "The War on Drugs" and "The War on Poverty" should have been a red flag against using the rhetorical flourish of "The War on" anything. Because unless the US is now drug- and poverty-free, using the "War on" term on anything other than an actual war against another sovereign nation doesn't work so well.

Well said.

:hysterical:...yep America is the cause....and ultimately the Jews of course,which are really controlling everything from behind the scenes.

Yea, cause thats what I said. i didn't have time to expand that post so of course its was left to open-ended interpretations.

The fact that we do provide more support for Israel is obviously a major factor in the hatred towards us.

We also gave Jewish people Israel right after WWII, understandable on our part but unforgivable on theirs, which was a terroritory that the Islamic states were hoping to turn into a unified Islamic nation-state.

Also, any militaristic action we take in those regions are only fuel for propoganda for terrorist camps. They so easily distort facts and therefore brain wash generations upon generations of new terrorists who develop the same conviction and hatred for America that there forebearers had. And its not to do with our freedoms, it is to do with their perceived notion, however rightly or wrongly, that we are the authority on all things and that we try to impose our values on them and they don't appreciate it.

The war on terror will only be won through peace and education. Not through bloodshed.

The war on terror will only be won through peace and education. Not through bloodshed.

I certainly agree with this part,unfortunately I think the opportunity for education and peace will only come at a cost of blood.

Who's is to be determined.

I certainly agree with this part,unfortunately I think the opportunity for education and peace will only come at a cost of blood.

Who's is to be determined.

Economic development will lead to more stability, as well as better education. When people are prospering they don't typically get pissed off and try to kill people by blowing themselves up. The key is to figure out a way to get the economic activity started in some of these countries.

Archived