Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Gift cards

josh35b

Hey, Found this ad on craigslist. It's not me so don't ask me about them. I just thought it sounded like a good deal,

5 Redskins $100 Gift Cards - $325 (Fairfax)

Date: 2009-12-09, 9:03PM EST

Reply to: sale-nww4r-1503114572@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Won the VA Lottery 2nd chance drawing of $500 worth of gift cards that can be used in Redskins retail stores or at Redskins.com.

Will sell individually $75 obo.

They are 5 individual $100 gift cards. Will meet at REDSKINS store in Tysons or meet in Fairfax.

Only true fans need respond.

Thanks for looking

Yes they do give out $500 shopping sprees on the VA Lottery 2nd chance drawings , but why would someone sell these for much less than what they are worth? If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is, especially on Craigslist.. of course most people know that already.. buyers beware of scams on CL (nothing against you josh)

Yes they do give out $500 shopping sprees on the VA Lottery 2nd chance drawings , but why would someone sell these for much less than what they are worth? If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is, especially on Craigslist.. of course most people know that already.. buyers beware of scams on CL (nothing against you josh)

Thats exactly what i thought until I read that the seller is willing to meet at a Redskins store. I would guess that if you can verify that there is $100 on each card before handing over the money then it may be a pretty safe bet.

As far as why the seller is selling them so cheap or even selling them at all is a good one though.

Two things occur to me.

1) The cards would have to be sold somewhat cheap. What's the point of buying a $100 gift card for $100 - unless you actually wanted to give it as a gift? Cash is better than a gift card.

2) Who pays retail at the Redskins store anyway? Not me. Probably not most people. Give me a discount or forget it, because the prices in there are outrageous. A discounted gift card is as good as a store discount.

But yeah, beware of a scam.

I think there is a 99% chance of this being legit. I would rather have $325 cash then $500 of overpriced Redskins merchandise. From time to time I see gift cards to all different stores for sale a bit cheaper than their face value. People receive them as gifts and don't shop there so they sell them a bit cheaper than face value. There is also usually a number to call on the back of the card to verify its value too if you didn't meet at the store.

I think there is a 99% chance of this being legit. I would rather have $325 cash then $500 of overpriced Redskins merchandise. From time to time I see gift cards to all different stores for sale a bit cheaper than their face value. People receive them as gifts and don't shop there so they sell them a bit cheaper than face value. There is also usually a number to call on the back of the card to verify its value too if you didn't meet at the store.

I would imagine there would be some type of letter or contact from the VA Lottery with the gift cards. See if they can produce that or verify the value of the cards at the store before handing over any payment.

This is a common occurrence ... most people would rather have the cash than the gift card and as previously stated, who pays a 3rd party face value for a gift card.

And yes, coming from someone who has also won $500 in redskins gift cards from the lottery they should have a letter that came in the mail to prove that it is legit. I would imagine there is also a number on the cards or a website where you can check the balance.

Archived