Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Keith Brooking thinks the media should focus on this year

terrifNick21

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/09/keith-brooking-thinks-the-media-should-focus-on-this-year/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 9, 2009 9:25 PM ET

As the Cowboys start another December with an 0-1 record, there's plenty of talk about past Dallas failures in the game played after the annual national turkey massacre.

Coach Wade Phillips has been dealing with the question lately, and now linebacker Keith Brooking has gotten in on the act as well.

Per Brooking, there's no reason to focus on past seasons. Instead, the only thing that matters is the current campaign.

"We're not talking about two years ago, we're not talking about last year," Brooking said during the taping of The Keith Brooking Show.

Said host Steve Dennis said, "You have to."

"Bullcrap," Brooking replied.

"Right now we are what we are. And there's two teams in the NFC that are better than us, and our head coach I guess is supposed to . . . sit there in a press conference and call us losers because we went to New York and lost a game."

Here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1Do11oJ2k

Our take? Recent historical performance is relevant, but not conclusive. It's there, it can't be ignored, and the Cowboys should find a way not to obsess over it -- and not to allow talk of it to cause a reaction that makes people think that it's in their heads, Werder.

The best way to make the talk go away is to win football games and, ultimately, a playoff game. Until then, the Cowboys had better get used to it.

Seeing Dallas lose is already a beautiful experience...but having Phillips, Romo sits to pee and Brooking say the things they're saying will make seeing the Cowboys lose a million times more enjoyable lol :thumbsup:

I agree 10000000000%. And to know that they get pissed off when the media asks them about past Decembers makes it THAT much better. :D

haha

"Right now we are what we are. And there's two teams in the NFC that are better than us, and our head coach I guess is supposed to . . . sit there in a press conference and call us losers because we went to New York and lost a game."

Only two better NFC teams? I guess he means the Saints and Vikings. But at a minimum the Cards, Giants, Eagles and Packers are all better teams. Hell, the Cowboys lost to the G-Men twice and he thinks they're better than them?

Cowboys record vs. teams with winning records: 1-4, aka LOSERS

And three out of their next four opponents have winning records. You're right Keith, it's not just December--your team sucks.

:hysterical:

When Dallas loses Sunday, it'll make it FOURTEEN straight years of no winning record in December. :rotflmao:

no.....Dallas has 5 December games losing sunday will make em 0-2....they will reel off wins vs Nawlens skins and Philly.....:doh: oh wait, even i dont buy that.

Like i said 2-3 this year in December and they'll be luck...

G'night

no.....Dallas has 5 December games losing sunday will make em 0-2....they will reel off wins vs Nawlens skins and Philly.....:doh: oh wait, even i dont buy that.

Like i said 2-3 this year in December and they'll be luck...

G'night

4. They play Philadelphia in January for the last regular season game.

That's the ONLY way they'll be playing in January this year. :rotflmao:

Great point, ouvan. I actually agree with you. I have praised Norv for the job he's done with the Chargers, but it would be just like him to choke away this game to the Cowboys. Maybe he'll feel bad about running up the score against his old buddies in Dallas...play conservative with a small lead and then the Cowboys have a miracle 4th quarter comeback.

Archived