Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we take a step back and appreciate progress?

s0meone

I think the perfect phrase to start this with is Rome wasn't built in a day. When did we become so critical of our team that we completely ignore when we blossom but show pinpoint accuracy at our faults? Maybe I'm in the minority but we have plenty to be excited about. Before anyone starts I'm not saying we should ever be proud of a loss or that a moral victory is good enough. I'm saying Devin Thomas went from a perceived bust to a spectacular receiver. Fred Davis went from over sleeping in practice to being accountable for his faults, showing leadership potential and stepping his game up to comparisons of Cooley. Campbell has finally come to terms with what the line is and doesn't act like a deer in headlights anymore. He now consistently stands strong in the pocket and has shown the ability to deliver utilizing a quick release. We went from averaging 13.7 points a game against the easiest part of our schedule to averaging 20.8 points per game since the bye week.

As fans, we suck. We want players to step up and play all out for us, but when they take the little steps towards stepping up all we do is bash them. Are we really trying to follow the lead of the eagles? I'm not saying ignore the bad and don't complain. I'm saying give credit where credit is due. Let's give players a reason to play for us. I'm extremely disappointed in the way our players acted when Hall was on the falcons sideline alone. He went to aid a teammate and next thing you know he's the only Redskin amidst a group of falcons. That is pretty much the same way I picture the fans and Campbell right now. Standing behind a line of backups thrown together and mixed around every game, knowing nine times out of ten he's gonna get hit after the snap. Yet he takes the punishment and tries to improve his game to win. Alas, when he messes up that's all you hear about. All the strides he made are gone by the wayside and the game is talked about as if there was only one offensive play and our time of possession was 5 seconds. Again, I'm not saying overlook it. I'm saying don't overlook everything else.

Some will read this and say I'm dillusional. I can promise you that I'm far from that. This isn't even about looking at a glass half full or half empty. This is about looking at a team before the bye and then looking at that same team after it. Do you blindly see the same team or do you see one that has vastly improved and surprised you in some instances. As Redskin fans we need to see the whole picture and support the team. Give them some energy to feed off of. Let them know that even though they may read about the boneheaded decision they just made online later they also know we're rooting for them to overcome it and be better from that point on.

HTTR!!!

Yes it has been night and day since the broncos game but we need a new gm. I am all for JC staying and giving JZ on more year but, we need to address certain areas! I'm tired of change all the effing time since danny boy took over. We need to try and get some continuity or this team will rebuild as long as danny boy owns it...and that will be a long time!

Yes it has been night and day since the broncos game but we need a new gm. I am all for JC staying and giving JZ on more year but, we need to address certain areas! I'm tired of change all the effing time since danny boy took over. We need to try and get some continuity or this team will rebuild as long as danny boy owns it...and that will be a long time!

I agree... I think Vinny has done some good things, but he's done some boneheaded stuff as well..

I'm just not sure after 10+ years if there's anything he's going to prove...

Archived