Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we were to get Tebow and Meyer?

Miamification

Before everyone jumps the gun and bashes me, let me go out ona limb and just say this is something I've been thinking about. I am not in any way endorsing this or proclaiming it will make us a better team. Just a thought.

Now that that is out of the way, let's say Jim Zorn gets canned at the end of the season. I know that Jason has been shaping up as of late, but even if we managed to keep him in DC, would it really be fair to put him through ANOTHER head coach and offensive scheme?

What if we were able to get Tim Tebow in this year's draft AND lure Urban Meyer in for the head coaching gig? On paper, it sounds good to me... We could then unload some guys like Cooley (Fred looks ready) and Santana (Thomas is finally coming around, Randle El good enough for a stopgap) for some second day picks and then shift our focus to our line. Max Unger and Phil Loadholt are proof enough you don't need a first round pick to find talent in the trenches...

It wouldn't be playoffs right away, obviously, but we'd have a very solid core of young players to build around for the future.

Not to mention, Tebow would bring in more ticket sales, which would make Danny swoon.

I think we all seem to realize that we are not contention ready and bringing in broken down veterans is just going to keep us in perpetual .500-dom... It's time to rebuild and that's my idea. Thoughts?

PS--We could probably trade down for Tebow and get even MORE picks...

Making Danny swoon? Only Vinny can do that! lol...

To be honest, something tells me Tebow will not be very successful in the NFL; not sure why, its just a feeling.

I'd prefer a 3rd-4th rnd QB thats hungry and raw enough to groom into a long term QB.

Tebow already knows he's gonna be paid, and it might be a jinx on him. Plus the added pressure of being great in college then coming into the NFL with high expectations; today's fans are not that patient anymore, they want results yesterday...

The only way I can imagine Tebow coming here is if we hired Gruden.

The only way I can imagine hiring Gruden is if Shanahan passes up the Washington gig.

The only way I can imagine Shanahan passing up this job is for the Dallas job.

If Gruden does come here, he will insist on Tebow. He already says that he believes Tebow is going to change the way the game is played. Bringing in these two, I think, would be one of the few options we should seriously consider this offseason. I think Gruden will maximize Tebow's talent, and by implementing a Wild Cat system, he could possibly revive Portis' career, since he'll emphasize Tebow to the point where defenses will have to focus on him.

As much as I dislike Tebow as a Pure QB, he will be a Hall of Famer if he goes to the right program. He's got it all, which is something you can't say for almost every single football player to ever play. In a Wild Cat, he'll be fantastic at gaining 3-4 yards consistently, while opening up the longer plays. He's a beast near the goal line too.

I think if we bring in Shanahan, we can expect a long term overhaul of the OL. I personally think that will take too long, and we'll waste precious years with Thomas and Kelly hitting their stride (mostly Thomas). I think that if Gruden AND Tebow come here, we'll have a very good offense, which will be enough to win a lot of games if we can get our defense back in check.

];7092211']The only way I can imagine Tebow coming here is if we hired Gruden.

The only way I can imagine hiring Gruden is if Shanahan passes up the Washington gig.

The only way I can imagine Shanahan passing up this job is for the Dallas job.

If Gruden does come here' date=' he will insist on Tebow. He already says that he believes Tebow is going to change the way the game is played. Bringing in these two, I think, would be one of the few options we should seriously consider this offseason. I think Gruden will maximize Tebow's talent, and by implementing a Wild Cat system, he could possibly revive Portis' career, since he'll emphasize Tebow to the point where defenses will have to focus on him.

As much as I dislike Tebow as a Pure QB, he will be a Hall of Famer if he goes to the right program. He's got it all, which is something you can't say for almost every single football player to ever play. In a Wild Cat, he'll be fantastic at gaining 3-4 yards consistently, while opening up the longer plays. He's a beast near the goal line too.

I think if we bring in Shanahan, we can expect a long term overhaul of the OL. I personally think that will take too long, and we'll waste precious years with Thomas and Kelly hitting their stride (mostly Thomas). I think that if Gruden AND Tebow come here, we'll have a very good offense, which will be enough to win a lot of games if we can get our defense back in check.[/quote']

So with the two situations, you seem to view the Gruden/Tebow as better for success in a shorter amount of time... Do you think this would be the optimal situation for the Skins or do you have something else in mind?

Making Danny swoon? Only Vinny can do that! lol...

To be honest, something tells me Tebow will not be very successful in the NFL; not sure why, its just a feeling.

I'd prefer a 3rd-4th rnd QB thats hungry and raw enough to groom into a long term QB.

Tebow already knows he's gonna be paid, and it might be a jinx on him. Plus the added pressure of being great in college then coming into the NFL with high expectations; today's fans are not that patient anymore, they want results yesterday...

lol @ Vinny...

Anyway, what would you think of John Skelton?

Tony Pike is another name to keep an eye on, but he will likely go earlier than what you're suggesting...

I'd be happy with getting Tebow, except for our dire need for OL. If Vincent the Racquetball Dummy hadn't completely neglected the OL for A DECADE we might be able to afford the gamble.

As to Meyer .. I've been a Gator since birth and have been attending games in Gainesville since I was 5. I have also been a Redskins fan since almost the same time. I want The Snyde to keep his poisonous hands off of my Gators! While he is busy screwing up THIS team, at least I have had the excitement the last few years of watching ONE of my teams win every week! I want Urban to STAY at Florida!

As to Meyer .. I've been a Gator since birth and have been attending games in Gainesville since I was 5. I have also been a Redskins fan since almost the same time. I want The Snyde to keep his poisonous hands off of my Gators! While he is busy screwing up THIS team, at least I have had the excitement the last few years of watching ONE of my teams win every week! I want Urban to STAY at Florida!

couldn't have said it better myself! This would ruin my two favorite sports teams.

I don't want to see Tebow on the skins either. Tebow needs to go to a well established team with a good head coach and a good offensive line to be successful at QB.

couldn't have said it better myself! This would ruin my two favorite sports teams.

I don't want to see Tebow on the skins either. Tebow needs to go to a well established team with a good head coach and a good offensive line to be successful at QB.

Tebow will never be an established QB on any NFL team no matter how good the offensive line is. He is an awful passing QB with very average speed who will get demolished in the NFL. And that crying stuff has got to stop. Seriously Florida was getting man handled the entire game and tebow cries with 5 min left to play when they were getting killed. Its not like they lost a heart breaker in overtime, they were getting beatthe entire game and the dude cries. I thought growing up you were taught that if you cried after a game like that then you were a sore loser.

Archived