Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In rememrance of Dime and John

Hazel-Ra

Darrel "Dimebag" Abbott was murdered 5 years ago today in Columbus OH and John Lennon was murdered 29 years ago today in NYC.

Both are still missed.

R.I.P.:(

I definitely miss Dime. I was a huge Pantera fan as a teen and couldn't believe when he was killed...I can't believe it's already been 5 years either, time does fly.

RIP to Dime and John.

If Chapman hadn't killed Lennon, someone else would have.

It's what we do to men of peace, unfortunately.

I was never much a fan of Pantera or Dimebag's music, but I recognize many were and he was a hell of a guitarist.

Tom, the guy i do my podcast with is in radio up in Columbus. At the time he was working rock and roll radio, and his station was doing a live promotion from the bar Dimebag was playing in. He was doing the in-studio portion and was on air doing real-time updates as the events were happening. Bad night.

~Bang

Tom, the guy i do my podcast with is in radio up in Columbus. At the time he was working rock and roll radio, and his station was doing a live promotion from the bar Dimebag was playing in. He was doing the in-studio portion and was on air doing real-time updates as the events were happening. Bad night.

~Bang

He was there when the dude got shot? Jesus.

He was there when the dude got shot? Jesus.

No, he was handling the in-studio end of things. I remember he was VERY upset about it for days. It really shook him. Quite scary,, the guy just jumped onstage put the gun to Dime's head and shot him over and over.

~Bang

I definitely miss Dime. I was a huge Pantera fan as a teen and couldn't believe when he was killed...I can't believe it's already been 5 years either, time does fly.

RIP to Dime and John.

Until I saw this post, I was going to ask who Dime was. Makes sense since I never listened to Pantera.

Lennon I'm more familiar with. Though he was before my time, I really enjoyed a lot of his music (Beatles moreso than his solo stuff) but I thought some of his political stuff (like the bed-in) was pretty stupid.

Also, Yoko Ono is evil.

I remember hearing about it on the radio and as details emerged, just being so angry. To this day I can't fathom how somebody drops 30 bucks for a ticket, just to do that. I know it turns out he was mentally ill, but the absurdity still killls me.

A couple of years ago. A guy here in Idaho named John Delling kind of did the same thing. He kills a guy he gamed with online, stole his car and drove up to University of Idaho in Moscow and kills a guy he went to school with. Then he drives to Arizona and shoots another classmate who was in college there (cant remember if Arizona or ASU).

That guy lived at least.

Anyway they finally capture him and his explanation was that the three of them were "stealing his aura". Idaho has no insanity defense and he ended up pleading guilty and getting Life x2.

Until I saw this post, I was going to ask who Dime was. Makes sense since I never listened to Pantera.

Lennon I'm more familiar with. Though he was before my time, I really enjoyed a lot of his music (Beatles moreso than his solo stuff) but I thought some of his political stuff (like the bed-in) was pretty stupid.

Also, Yoko Ono is evil.

I'm not on the same page with Lennon's philosophies in some case, but he was a great songwriter and as a musician myself I give him lots of respect and I like the Beatles.

Give Yoko some credit, sure she isn't what I'd call a vocalist, but keep in mind that some of the great Beatles stuff that surfaced in the last few years (unreleased, ect) couldn't happen without her approval. She controls John's estate.

As for the break up. Everyone seems to forget Paul Mac trying to go Roger Waters on the band and take over everything. His coke habit didn't help either. Even he's come clean on that in recent interviews.

I remember when I found out that Dime had been killed. My best friend told me when I saw him at lunch at school. Definitely shook me up. At the time I had been playing guitar for a couple of years and Dime was a huge influence on me. It is a shame that such a kind person was murdered for absolutely zero reason. The worst part is that it happens every day.

Archived