Extremeskins

WT 360: Suisham out

bubba9497

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/dec/08/suisham-out/

click link for entire article

Suisham out

By Ryan O'Halloran on Dec. 8, 2009

Redskins 360

Jim Zorn announced on his radio show (ESPN 980) that kicker Shaun Suisham will be released and the Redskins will sign Graham Gano.

Suisham has missed three field goals in the last three games, including a 23-yarder on Sunday that would have sealed an upset win over New Orleans.

Gano was one of four kickers who worked out at Redskin Park this morning. The group included former Terp and Redskin Nick Novak.

Gano just completed a season kicking for Las Vegas of the United Football League. The Locos won the title in overtime on Gano's field goal.

"He clearly had the strongest leg," Zorn said. "He looks like he has some potential."

Gano was 13-of-16 on field goals and 20-of-20 on extra points for the Locos.

-- Ryan O'Halloran

What would really suck is if the Saints pick him up and he gets a ring with them this season.... Shuan is probably better than that guy who is replacing Carney right now. Carney didn't dress for the game and I doubt Sean Payton goes into the playoffs with the guy who kicked the winning FG against us.

Wow. Was Suisham so bad? I felt like he was the most reliable kicker we've had in 15+ years. So he missed a couple recently. Every kicker does it. You can tell me "the game was on the line and he blew it" but that's happened to every player on our team at some point. 2 weeks ago everyone here liked Shaun.

I think it was a silly knee-jerk move that was completely unnecessary given all the problems and sorry personnel on this team, who screw up every game but will be collecting paychecks next week when we lose to Oakland.

:doh:

Okay then is Landry next what about Rogers or Fred Smoot for dropping a easy pick don't see what this move is proving.

You can compare. yes Landry blows but all a kicker does is ????? Kicks.

I'd think about letting Sleezum slide if it was a 55 yarder in heavy rain but come on. :evilg:

PS. We don't pay Smoot to catch. Thats why he's a DB....:laugh:

Archived