Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who here wants to see Champ play on both sides of the ball ?

buckeyeG

Plus, it's not like Champ proved last year he can handle the football when he does get it in his hands. A couple of lost fumbles, one on a reverse and one on a punt return, and I've seen all I want to of him.

Stick to the defensive side of the football, and SHUT UP about how much your worth and play the game.

Sehorn only returned that one punt that got him hurt, as i recall.

ha ha!

Champ is too valuable in his true position to risk monkeying around anyplace else.

Last year his punt returning told me that he didn't have what it takes to be a receiver, returner, or anyone else who must concentrate on the ball when he can be hit. Maybe in college, but not no mo'.

Yesterday i heard a sound bite from him saying that he sees that there is speed now on that side of the ball, so he won't be lobbying to be a receiver,, and then he said something along the lines of "over the last few years i'd look out there and they were so slow I felt i had to do something."

~Bang

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I say he can every now and then just to change it up. He could just as easily tear an ACL trying to tackle someone. If the offense wants to give D coordinators something else to worry about 1-3 plays a game wont hurt, even if it is just as a decoy.

Last year Champ made it clear that, while he could do it in college, he is not an NFL caliber offensive weapon. He looked lost as a punt returner, very timid, and showed poor decision making as well as a capacity to fumble on the few offensive touches he got.

In this league, he's a DB.

He was a terrible PR, but one thing to remember when thinking about how bad he was is the fact that our blocking on punt and KR's may have been the worst in the league last year. We were absolutely wretched at blocking on returns, and I'm skeptical as to how good and effective our return game will be this year inspite of the arrival of Morton.

As for the offensive side of the ball, I wouldn't mind him coming in occasionally against non-division opponents, that being said, I think we're set with Gardner, Coles, Jacobs and McCants (not at all sold on the other scrubs, Pat Johnson, and the speedy reject from Utah).

Well he was on WTEM's sports reporters then on NBC 4 talking about being a dual player and dismissed the idea of him being on offense but thought he really didnt have a chance to excel at returns but is apparently cool with the idea of just being the best corner in the league.

Besides unless his wife is about to become a hot actress and model and he plans on doing some modeling too, he doesnt need to try to become the next Sehorn.

Archived