Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2004: will the skins offense be explosive?

prophet

I saw ratings on a Madden site that seemed to be accepted to be real - the Skins were an 83, Ramsey and Canidate 76. Coles and Gardner were both high 80s. Bailey and Arrington were high 90s. Samuels, Thomas and Jansen were all in the 90s. Fiore was in the 80s and Moore was in the 70s. Smoot was a low 80.

Thing with Madden is they base the 2004 stats off the 2003 team. Individual players like Coles may have a high rating, but the overall offense and defense is rated compared how it did last year. I can't wait to get the new Madden and "create" Lavar Arrington for the 4th year in a row~!

Originally posted by The Slammer

I saw ratings on a Madden site that seemed to be accepted to be real - the Skins were an 83, Ramsey and Canidate 76. Coles and Gardner were both high 80s. Bailey and Arrington were high 90s. Samuels, Thomas and Jansen were all in the 90s. Fiore was in the 80s and Moore was in the 70s. Smoot was a low 80.

Yeah, they were correct, EA made them take the ratings off of the site though.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Thing with Madden is they base the 2004 stats off the 2003 team. Individual players like Coles may have a high rating, but the overall offense and defense is rated compared how it did last year. I can't wait to get the new Madden and "create" Lavar Arrington for the 4th year in a row~!

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Every year, LaVar is not LaVar. Lat year, he was even # 57.

Hey...I had Madden for Playstation, but I sold it. Is the PC version pretty solid? If so, there goes a lot of braincells!:wavetowel

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

PS2 here.

And how the hell can you play on your PC? Just seems foreign to me. I mean, computers are computers and video games are video games.

You can't seriously tell me you've never played a game on a PC. If so, you are missing out bigtime; the list goes on and on: Half-Life, X-Com, Freespace 2, Starcraft, Command and Conquer...

I had Madden 2003 for PC and enjoyed it a great deal. Best looking version out of all four.

I'm so excited about madden AND espn football that i will probably get both this year. If espn football has as high production values as world series baseball (another espn license from the same developers), it could be just as good as madden! That's why I was so PO'd when I caught an ad on ESPN saying that ESPN football is coming out SEPT. 4TH! I'm not worried though...madden'll keep me more than occupied enough.

I tried playing Madden on my PC and the graphics were great, but two of the buttons on the controller (joystick? gamepad?) were the opposite of what they usually are on the Play Station. There was no way I could configure the thing differently, so I just stopped playing it. If you can configure your controller differently, I suggest trying it. Even a small change makes playing the game maddening (no pun intended). I'll stick with PS2.

Archived