Comcast Cable/Internet

Skinz4Life12

Who wins monday night?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins monday night?

• Saints
    • Patriots
    • Tie
    • Both teams are abducted by aliens and replaced with cake.

Okay, I am moving to Arlington next week and apparently my only real option for a cable/internet bundle is Comcast (I don't have a balcony so I can't do DirectTV and Cox isn't offered where I live)

Comcast is actually running a pretty decent deal right now where you get 200 channels, 8 mpbs internet, and HD reciever for $87 a month for the first year. After that though, it goes up to $120 a month.

Does anyone have experience with comcast and know of a way to keep rates from soaring after the 1st year? Can you downgrade plans without some sort of penalty or find a way to keep the current rate you have?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Okay, I am moving to Arlington next week and apparently my only real option for a cable/internet bundle is Comcast (I don't have a balcony so I can't do DirectTV and Cox isn't offered where I live)

Comcast is actually running a pretty decent deal right now where you get 200 channels, 8 mpbs internet, and HD reciever for $87 a month for the first year. After that though, it goes up to $120 a month.

Does anyone have experience with comcast and know of a way to keep rates from soaring after the 1st year? Can you downgrade plans without some sort of penalty or find a way to keep the current rate you have?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Make sure you don't get Fios in your zip code. If you don't, then yes, it is your best option. But, I suspect most, if not all of Arlington will have Fios available within a year. As soon as they do, drop Comcast like a bad habit. No way of getting out of that price hike after the 1st year. Comcast HD feeds generally suck as well, but better than standard def.

You can always negotiate with Comcast. Figure out a price you want to pay and call and tell them what you want and what you'd like to pay. If it helps tell them you know a friend who currently gets that price. I was ALWAYS able to talk myself into a lower rate.

How? You would sign up for a certain service and 6 months later tell them you can't afford it and need it to be lowered $20 a month? I don't know how people pull this move off?

What I did when I originally signed up was called and said that I wanted internet, digital cable, HBO, Showtime, HD, an HD-DVR and a regular DVR for $110 because they had given that deal to a friend. After being passed off to someone else on the phone (the person who answers isn't authorized to deal), they agreed. Gave it to me for 12 months. At the end of the 12 month period I called them back and said I wanted to have the deal extended and they did it. You'll probably pay a bit more now than what I did because Comcast's costs continually creep up. But if you get someone on the phone who won't make a deal, call back and you'll find someone who will.

you mean under 1 hundred a month right?

does this include your internet? specifics plz

:yes: to the first question, :no: to the second.

I mentioned DirecTV, asked for that rate, and got it. $84.99/month, plust the HDDVR, $53 (now $43) for the net.

https://www.comcast.com/localization/localize.cspx?referer=/shop/buyflow2/lite.cspx?SourcePage=Bundled&profileid=31731FAE-E477-447E-82F1-9D3BB822FF49&lid=4ShopBundles&lpos=Nav

• 2 months later...
How? You would sign up for a certain service and 6 months later tell them you can't afford it and need it to be lowered $20 a month? I don't know how people pull this move off?

We do that every few months.. I have 3 HD boxes, 2 regular boxes, HD service, sports package, hbo, showtime, starz, phone service and internet service for only $130!

Archived