Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980: J.Thompson show - Vinnie, BDW, and B.Owens

All In

The thing is that the incentives were in gradual steps, $$$ amounts based on percentage of playing time. Nothing to do with performance, just staying on the field. No outrageous sack totals, tackles, etc....

Redskins FO was beyond fair. BDW's lucky if they 'Skins don't take this personal.

The only thing I can guess is that BDW felt that the Skins would try to screw him with playing time and even if he was healthy, he would be held back from playing 70% of the snaps.

Dont think that would be a legit concern...don't see the Skins FO as cheap.

This is a good move for the Skins, imho. While BDW's upfield push will be missed...his run D can be more than replaced. It can be upgraded easily...it appears.

Wow....that is suprising. I'll have to assume BDW knows what's best for him... and... in the end... I hope he finds what he's looking for. I'd have to say we were fair, certainly not unreasonable in our expectations.

I also must admit to being excited to see what the others will do. I've always been a Cowsette supporter, liking his hustle and burst to the ballcarrier or QB. Anyone remember him chasing Vick all over the field and eventually out of bounds in a preseason game? B. Jackson certainly didn't wilt when he played late last year. It's going to be interesting.

Originally posted by redman

If we resign him to this deal, what would next year's cap hit look like?

Not sure if you mean the year we are in...or really next year?

This year's cap hit would see us adding $2 mil to the 1.7 mil cap hit that BDW counts anyways (even after cutting him).

Next year's cap hit would be the 4 mil or so in dead money from BDW plus the incentive of 1.5 mil (assuming he hit it).

I think I have that right... *scratching head*

BDW: Caught off-guard, boils down to offers to restructure. He felt the offers were changing every half hour. Felt that a lot of things didn't make sense, no sense of security. Wasn't sure if he felt FO was working towards a compromise.

Friday's offer to him changed 3 times once Sunday came. He felt games were being played. Stays inline with what's been happening around here the last 5 6 years. Salty/Bitter...

He has no frustrations he says, enjoyable run, this is home even after football, great fans, no negative experience. D.Gardner told BDW that they had no intention of keeping BDW. Felt that the FO was stuck with him. Not anymore.

He received 3 or 4 different offers with in hours. Why wait till the week of training camp to restructure. Why let him go and still have salary camp hits. DL is short on depth.

Appreciates the door being open, great group of guys that have moved on over the years, current players. He's ready to move on. Feels that last year was the first time he was injured severly, the wrist hampered all the way to March not just during the season. Sounds like a real good team guy. Last year performance was hampered cause of injuries. Sounds like he is taking it personal and won't come back.

He doesn't feel disapointed by the way he was dealt with. No surprise to him, again he mentions the previous players, this is how things are dealt with. Create confusion in the papers, etc.

Says this is how things have been in the last 5 6 years.

Fans have been great, at time taken for granted because they will always be there. Fans deserve a winner. Thanks the fans for the support.

Sounds to me that we have 2 groups here that just are ready to go in different directions.

I wouldn't hold it against either one, though I have never been a fan of how the organization can turn the public on players alot easier then the players can leave a black eye for the orginazation.

Regardless of how many offers BDW's gotten since he hit the streets, I don't see anyone offering him the $2 mil guaranteed & $1.5 mil in incentives that Washington offered him. At this point, I'm not sure that taking him back if he can't find a good deal elsewhere would be the best move for the organization, of course, on the other side of the coin, playing out the last year of a contract can be a very motivating to a lot of players, so maybe if he came back we would see the kind of production we've been hoping for since he got here.

Cerrato didn't say guaranteed. He said $2 million as a base. And, I bet the offer was changing, but, that would be on playing time where BDW's agent wanted 60 percent of the non-nickel snaps while the Skins probably started at 80 percent of all snaps and came down to 60 percent of all snaps.

Archived