Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harrington

drewski

On the Chuck DICKerson radio show out of Buffalo, good ole Peter King was pontificating that the Redskins were seriously considering trading up with the Bills to get Joey Harrington. In my opinion that would be a waste, then again King seems to be more often wrong than right.

Spending a 1st round pick on a QB is always a long shot if it's not one of the first few picks. But trading up in this draft class when the QB's seem so uninspring would be stupid IMO.<br /><br />There's nobody I see who could have any kind of impact inside of two seasons unless we got lucky, or Spurrier is a much better judge and molder of talent than we realize.<br /><br />In this draft you could hit on a decent QB just as easily in the 3rd round as you could in the 1st, or crap out in either.<br /><br />My feeling is that we have a 1 or 2 season window of opportunity with Davis, so put some immediate impact talent around him now and shoot for a serious run either this year or next.<br /><br />Which means blow off drafting a QB unless it's in the later rounds, pick up a vet for a few seasons and to tide us over until a better QB draft class comes along (if ever), and grab the best impact player available at DE, DT, S, or WR.<br /><br />I'd draft a running back before I drafted a QB, on the theory that Davis ain't getting any younger, and he's gonna become prohibitively expensive in a coupla seasons.

At what cost? I would love to have Harrington and most of the mock drafts I have seen have him going to the Bills at #4. Some of those same mocks have Carr falling to us at 18, the rest show Carr and Harrington gone before we pick. We still have 3 months until draft day and a GM to pick.

Archived