Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins released Big Daddy

Uptown Skins

Originally posted by TennesseeCarl

I'm not and have never been very fond of BDW. To me, he's the sort of player I associate with the Norv Era - incredibly inconsistent, big name-uncertain production, difficult-to-motivate, indifferent-to-conditioning sort of guy.

Let's move on.

I imagine the Jets are on the phone with Brig Owens as we post.

I agree. I think he was lazy, and Spurrier didn't particularly like him either. He was one of those players that had exceptional natural skill, but never worked hard enough to realize his potential. I'd rather have an undersized, less talented overachiever than an overpaid, lazy, underachiever

:2cents:

let's assume for a moment that the lingering questions about every other position are answered in camp, is anyone at all confident that Noble and Haley is a starting pair of DTs that is going to lead the Skins back to the postseason?

the Wilkinson situation certainly had to be in mind all during the offseason and yet we wait until the day before camp starts to put things in a state of flux by making a move?

we didn't draft or sign anyone as a UDFA that looks to be a comer at DT and with losing Gardener as well don't appear to have even held serve.

any time Del Cowsette gets closer to the starting lineup I get uneasy :)

In the last 2 years BDW has had 25 and 17 tackles. That's about 3 tacles every 2 games. Last year Gardner had the double teams so don't even begin to tell me he was doing something else that was important because he sure wasnt getting to the ball and he wasnt tying up 2 blockers.

We could not afford to pay him 3.5M for his production and his total lack of leadership.

Everyone swooned over Carl Powell because he looked so much better than BDW after BDW got hurt. But Powell was merely average - as opposed to BDW being very subpar.

He was fat - fat on the salary cap and fat in the ass. So fat that he won't even feel the door hitting him on the ass on the way out ...

Good Riddance, I prefer to cut any player who chooses not to take a pay cut and play for incentives.... especially one who has disappeared the last few years and rarely plays up to his potential.

We'll find that the remaining DL will be sufficient this year, and we may get a suprise cut later in TC and pickup a younger and more hungry DT.

Originally posted by redman

How's Philly's cap situation? I could see them snapping up Wilkinson.

Big Daddy does not strike me as a Ried guy. He is lazy and does not play with heart. I don't really see him staying in the division to be honest.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Despite the incessant FO bashing I had to endure, I'll bite my tongue for the time being. I understand it's not the time or the place.

Let me just say this move is absolutely shocking.

Well, we all expected to see BDW suit up on the 4th, we may still see that but he may be on your side instead of ours now.

whether you like big daddy or not this leaves a questionable area even more suspect. now you are stuck with filling BD's spot with whoevers available if anyone becomes available. i don't mind releasing a guy if you have identified a replacement but we have a big donut hole at DT now. if teams start having long drives by running the ball, Spurriers offense won't get on the field.

the FO has a plan?...what the hell is it...there is no one to sign!!!!!

Philly doesn't need Wilkinson. They already are deep at tackle with Grasmanis and Thomas there. Dallas could make a play for certain. We are now thin for heading into the season. If Dallas does pick Wilkinson up we'll also be the weakest line in the division.

Archived