98 attempts

495 yards

5.1 average

45 long

6 touchdowns

4 FUMBLES..................3 LOST

2 OF THE FUMBLES CAME AGAINST THE SAINTS...IN 2001

maybe he was having a bad game?

ANY ONE OF THOSE FUMBLES COULD'VE BEEN A BAD HANDOFF....?

THINK OF IT THIS WAY IF ONE OF THOSE FUMBLES WASN'T HIS FAULT... HE FUMBLES ABOUT ONCE EVERY 30 CARRIES....

WHICH IS ABOUT THE SAME AS OUR EX. rb DAVIS!!!!!!!

if there is anyway to find this out tell me....

he might not be as bad as people think he is.......

If a young or unknown guy has one bad game, everybody will often remember that game and brand him by it. In Trung's case it was that game vs. the Saints. Everybody remembers that one and as a result of it he has earned a reputation as a "fumbler." Weather or not this is warranted we don't know. He could have slippery hands, or on the other hand, we could have gotten an amazing deal on a guy with big-time talent. We shall soon find out.

Good post and good point about Trung KingBrice. 98 rushes is probably too small a "sample size" if you will to brand a guy a fumbler.

One more thing. Please try to remember what was said in another post about the all caps thing. All caps is like salt used to enhance the flavor of your food...it is best used SPARINGLY to make a point. See ?

I just hope he learns to take care of the football, especially against the NFC East because it appears the Eagles and Cowboys made it a point to punch at the football held by Davis. Anyone ever notice that the Eagles made a living punching at and stripping the ball away from Davis? It would seem they saw something in film, practiced getting at the ball, and then executed it in nearly every game against us.

98 carries, 4 fumbles... That's roughly 1 fumble every 25 carries,, or once a game for a starting tailback.

That's a fumbler.

I am hoping that more work handling the ball will improve his ball handling. 98 carries, but spread out over 5 0r 6 a week.. figure the 3 games he started were probably 60 or more of those carries. And I like the results he posted, but in that span he did fumble several times. My fingers are crossed, but I hope his are holding onto the ball.

~Bang

I think you've got to have more than 100 carries before that stat really becomes significant. Otherwise, it's like comparing batting averages after 20 ABs.

But, once a RB gets a reputation as a fumbler, then that label's easier to get than it is to get rid of. It's like a QB getting a rep for throwing picks when he's pressured: Once that label's on, everybody's going to test it, and keep testing it untill it starts to cost them.

Originally posted by Samuels

He also fumbled a couple times last preseason and was replaced by Lamar Gordan a rookie has backup Rb. Don't ecpect much from Trung unless he has mack truck size holes.Betts should start.

Here here.... :cheers:

Well he fumbles in games, he fumbles in the preseason, and he fumbles at practice. Where can we find him not fumbling? On the bench, which is where he was last year. Oh, it has been reported that he can't pick up blitzes, either.

If the above is indeed true, I think we'd be better off with Watson, a less glamorous yet more trustworthy player.

Like Yusef said, its all about sample size.

Does McCants or D.Thompson also earn this 'fumbler' monkier, because they sure seemed to fumble a lot last year. But you can't tell based on 98 carries. If he's the starter this year, he'll get that in 5 games.

Canidate: 4 fumbles, 98 attempts (he fumbles 4% of the time)

Betts: 2 fumbles, 65 attempts (he fumbles 3% of the time) -- including that humiliating goal-line strip against the Cowboys.

Neither of these are statistically relevent because the sample size is too small, but picking Betts over Canidate because of the fumbling issue is kinda dumb. You'll know pretty quickly which one holds onto the ball -- he'll be the one starting against the Jets. The coaches will see in practice which one has trouble holding onto the ball.

Oh by the way -- Kenny Watson: 0 fumbles, 116 attempts.

Originally posted by Even Madder

Canidate: 4 fumbles, 98 attempts (he fumbles 4% of the time)

Betts: 2 fumbles, 65 attempts (he fumbles 3% of the time) -- including that humiliating goal-line strip against the Cowboys.

Neither of these are statistically relevent because the sample size is too small, but picking Betts over Canidate because of the fumbling issue is kinda dumb. You'll know pretty quickly which one holds onto the ball -- he'll be the one starting against the Jets. The coaches will see in practice which one has trouble holding onto the ball.

Oh by the way -- Kenny Watson: 0 fumbles, 116 attempts.

did you watch the 1st cowboy game what would you call that? the ball may not have hit the ground but he might as well have handed it off to williams for a TD. betts will be the starter.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Moot. Betts starts.

in agreement. he is the best all-around back be have.

that is why he is my darkhorse for Skins MVP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and about the fumbing... i remember last preseason when Clinton Portis had some fumbling problems (3 in one game if i remember correctly), but i still drafted him (as my fourth back after A. Green, R. Williams, and S. Alexander-- they we newbies), and it paid dividends.

i am willing to give the manchurian a few chances in the B&G before i pass judgement...

I think the way defensive coaches will approach Spurrier will be to take away the deep patterns with help over top. They'll force Spurrier to be patient and throw underneath.

This may work to Gardner's advantage. But I really think Ladell Betts can play a Thurman Thomas type of role here.

as soon as i read, "take away the deep patterns", i thought: Gardner.

he will put up better numbers than Coles next year, but both will prosper in the long run. ramsey will turn both into pro-bowlers before too long.

and betts is the answer.

Yeah Gardner should prosper but so will the 3rd and 4th Receiving option when defenses decide to take away Coles.

You'd think RB coach offensive coord H Jackson should be working with Canidate on holding the football properly to reduce the chance to fumble

Archived