Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In need of a proven running back? One just became available....

Ok, so he can't play, at least right now but the Broncos have released Terell Davis. Davis said he can't pass a physical right now but is working towards being able too. The Broncos agreed to take him back if he works himself back into playing status and heals.

Now, if he does do this, is it worth someone else going after him? There are teams with RB needs. The Bucs being one of them. Is it worth it?

Ummmmmmmm..... tough question in the sense that you know some team will be tempted. Yea. The Redskins had that guy Terry Allen and his post 2 knee surgeries. But not sure if lightning can strike twice, and not just for the Skins. Davis just can't seem to get away from teaaring up his knees. He was one of the most outstanding backs I 've seen in awhile when healthy, but that was several years and knee surgeries ago. Just not sure if it's worth it for any team, much less Davis to risk it again.

:cheers:

if I were Dan Snyder, id take this guy at min salary only and invite him to camp and have my doctors examine that knee that had microfracture surgery on it, 5 ways till sunday.

There is no proof that microfarcture surgery even works. Plus I dont know how much Spurrier wants another pounder RB on the roster. Davis is a huge risk but if I was a GM id do it (that probably why im not a GM :mad: )

Tom....Tom......Tom.........

The Redskins don't need Terrell Davis. Too much injury history.

You really should cut back on the hits some :bong:

Plus I needed an excuse to use the new bong smiley

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Actually, I wasn't suggesting Davis for the Skins. If you noticed, I mentioned the Bucs as a possibility. I was looking for opinions on whether you guys think TD would be worth the risk for any team.

I didn't see the Skins going after him even if they did need a RB.

Maybe the Cardinals will sign him...;)

The Bucs will lack of ground game this season, big time. T. Jones was a bad move, IMO. Pittman was also a bust but able to come up big at the very end. As of righ now TD will be examined a lot by teams but no one would really consider him until some of the starters out there get hurt, maybe by the mid season.

I'm the one that think the Bucs will never repeat. They may reach playoffs, however, not the Conference Champioship game. The players have passed their prime and the missing of early rounders in the last couple years of the draft will pay off.

Hey!! how about Jamal Anderson??? Is he still willing to play???

He can try all he wants, fact is his degenerating knees won't allow him to stay in lineup healthy for more then a couple weeks at a time.

Really too bad he was a heck a RB in his Prime.

I think I heard Jamal Anderson is working out and considering a return to possibly the Bucs or the Vikings.

Archived