Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Advice/Suggestions

JeffSchmeff

Ok, I planned a little after work margarita happy hour party for friends, and what was going to be a small group of people (15 or so) has doubled in size. I have 2 & 3/4 handles of tequila. Do I need to buy more?

Also, does anyone have any easy and good margarita recipes?? Most people will be drinking them frozen I'm guessing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

HTTR

:40oz:

Adding a dash Grand Marnier always makes a margarita a little better. It's easy and can be done with both frozen and non.

Depending on how sauced you think everyone is going to get, I'd say you are most likely ok. However, if you think people are in for the long haul and will be drinking for several hours (like over 3) you might want to pcik up one more handle. Also, in my experience, the mix always goes faster than you think.

Originally posted by JeffSchmeff

Ok, I planned a little after work margarita happy hour party for friends, and what was going to be a small group of people (15 or so) has doubled in size. I have 2 & 3/4 handles of tequila. Do I need to buy more?

Also, does anyone have any easy and good margarita recipes?? Most people will be drinking them frozen I'm guessing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

HTTR

:40oz:

It depends on how much you think they are going to drink. If a little then should be find, but if they are getting tanked then I would have at least 4 to 5 handles. Make sure you buy the cheap tequila, after 1 or 2 it all tastes the same.

the best margarita recipe is get the julios gold mixer, any type of tequila (tres generations is the bomb, so is chinaco), a splash of GM and shake :)

for frozen the store mix is good and cheap

:pint::cheers: :40oz:

Make sure to replace Triple Sec with Grand Marnier....

There is a new Pineapple Rum that is awsome. It can be added or you can make some pretty cool drinks with it.

Also, In my opinion, rather than buying premade Sweet/Sour mix, make your own. All it is is lemon juice and sugar. Mix it to taste. It is MUCH MUCH better than store bought mix.

Originally posted by GGB81

Adding a dash Grand Marnier always makes a margarita a little better. It's easy and can be done with both frozen and non.

Depending on how sauced you think everyone is going to get, I'd say you are most likely ok. However, if you think people are in for the long haul and will be drinking for several hours (like over 3) you might want to pcik up one more handle. Also, in my experience, the mix always goes faster than you think.

We are going to have some heavy boozers there, but I called it a "happy hour" so it's only going from 7-10 or 1030. That way I can kick everyone out and still go out that night. Good call on the GM, I'll pick a bottle up.

**Also, thanks for the advice Jbooma and Code. I'll load up on mix. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by JeffSchmeff

We are going to have some heavy boozers there, but I called it a "happy hour" so it's only going from 7-10 or 1030. That way I can kick everyone out and still go out that night. Good call on the GM, I'll pick a bottle up.

GM = The nectar of the gods :D

:cheers::pint: :40oz:

A great margarita must be served on the rocks. If you blend it, go get any crap you want and enjoy it.

But if you want the best, get Sauza tequila. Add Grand Mariner. Proportions are 2 to 1 say. Then, put your mixer in. And HERE'S the secret. Grand Mariner isn't as sweet as cheap Triple Sec. You add a couple of shots of orange juice to the mix and you've got yourself the best rita on the planet.

Originally posted by Art

A great margarita must be served on the rocks. If you blend it, go get any crap you want and enjoy it.

But if you want the best, get Sauza tequila. Add Grand Mariner. Proportions are 2 to 1 say. Then, put your mixer in. And HERE'S the secret. Grand Mariner isn't as sweet as cheap Triple Sec. You add a couple of shots of orange juice to the mix and you've got yourself the best rita on the planet.

that is what i forgot, the oj, good call Art

What you need to do is make a huge batch in a huge punch bowl. Have plastic margarita glasses, ice, and a salt rim bowl and people can go to town on it. It is easier, you don't have to make em to order, and best of all - no blender - keep that mofo locked up in the cabinet. If someone wants a belended marg, just tell em your blender took a crap and is not working. That''s what bartenders tell women when they don't want to make 4 regular and 1 virgin pina coladas for the after hour novice drinkers.

Have a blast!

Archived