Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you know/believe about Kyle Orton?

SkinsNumberOne

Orton made some good throws without a doubt, but there was more than one occasion where he either badly overthrew his receivers, or would throw way too high to the point where not even Brandon Marshall could get it. He's a serviceable QB who is excelling with the talent he is surrounded by, but I feel that he is a product of that offensive system.

Are you talking about yesterday?

Orton's stats from yesterday-

20/29 for 229 yards and 2 TDs.

Every QB is going to miss a throw sometimes (and I did see it happen to both QBs). I don't know, I am also thinking the system is greatly helping him, but also as LKB said, there may be a reckoning in the future. I will say his OLine played tremendously yesterday too.

I'm about 100% FED UP with the skins organization right now, but are people so blind to realize we had a hot start last year too? And guess what... Everyone was praising Jason Campbell for not throwing picks...

Denver may or may not have a fall from grace, but I don't see Orton doing anything Jason Campbell couldn't do.

(Coming from a guy who would like to wake up tomorrow to Cerrato Zorn and Campbell all erased from the Redskins franchise)

• 3 weeks later...
As soon as NFL teams get more film on McDaniels, he will be Zorn part 2. And Orton will look like Campbell.

I was thinking the same thing and look at that... they are 6-2. I don't know if they'll finish the year 2-6 but they're ripe for a let down. That offense isn't good and they got away with a lot of close games.

Two consecutive poor games for Orton with three picks tonight against Pittsburgh. He was bound to have a game like this sooner than later.

the past two games he's been under heavy pressure, couldn't throw down field, and had no run game to help.

(waiting for Orton bashers to scream.. "stop the excuses" ) ;)

the past two games he's been under heavy pressure, couldn't throw down field, and had no run game to help.

If that's an excuse it's the greatest one of all time. Pressure is also how you beat Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and pretty much every other QB that has ever played football :)

he can't throw down field no matter what. he isn't that type of qb. he's a solid dink and dunk manager. give him a good defense and he is usually ok.

in response to the question asked in the OP......I know he is NOT better then Tony Romo sits to pee.....:evilg:

Depends on what you mean by "better."

He (Orton) may actually be smarter, to be completely honest, but I'm not sure on that point.

I would say in terms of "talent" - or what fans typically see as talent - Romo sits to pee is better.

They both have a bad habit, historically, of making key mistakes in clutch situations. Neither is a guy that, were I a fan of a team they played for, I'd be above 50/60% confidence that they were going to lead to a game-winning TD drive with 2 minutes left. With Romo sits to pee I'd be fairly confident it could be exciting at least, I'll give him that much.

Orton is your prototypical game manager. He won't go out and win you games but if the team around him is steady, he can get you to the playoffs. He's really not much better than Campbell(I haven't checked but I'd assume his stats through 8 games are probably similar to that of Campbell's).

Unfortunately in order to win CONSISTENTLY year in and year out you must have a very good if not elite QB. E.g. Big Ben last night. Wow what a player...

he can't throw down field no matter what. he isn't that type of qb. he's a solid dink and dunk manager. give him a good defense and he is usually ok.
His arm isn't strong. If you notice his throws while on the run, he really struggles to get the ball down field.

:hysterical: And as a result you now know what a flowbee is :D

There are some things that are best left unknown, though...

IMO Kyle Orton = Jason Campbell. They are both serviceable QBs (with different attributes) that, when used properly, can help a team win.

I agree totally. And I think the Broncos still have enough pieces to put things together to win.

I did think it was interesting that Champ Bailey was pretty much isolated on Santonio.

*This was on a news feed this morninig: CBSSports.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger completed all six of his targeted passes to WR Santonio Holmes for 93 yards in Week 9, despite Denver Broncos CB Champ Bailey shadowing Holmes during the game. "We didn't come into this game saying we have to throw away from Champ," Roethlisberger said. "We just have to be aware of where he's at."

Archived