Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Only Thing Dumber Than the Redskins FO? The "Fan Revolt" Reaction...

kleese

Dan Snyder is a bazillionaire. As much as it may pain you to hear it, there's nothing we fans are going to do to change that. The Redskins are the second most profitable team in pro sports-- even if you cut the gate sales and merch sales in half, it wouldn't really dent Snyder's overall worth.

Nothing is bullet proof. If Lehman Brother's can become insolvent so can Dan's assets.

I could not disagree more. First I agree with a lot of the poster's original comments. I don't thing the purpose of a boycott will cause immediate change. I don't think wanting to do a boycott or something like it makes you less of a fan. To the contrary, I think it shows your dedication and passion. We are disparate and more importantly we want the "RIGHT" change to occur. Firing the head coach is not addressing the real problem.

This is why I think the fans should select one game and try to fill FedEx with empty seats. It will send a message that hasn't been sent before. Yes Dan knows the fans are pissed but he still making a nickel on Sundays. But more than the empty seats, I'd like to see the national sports news coverage of Dan sitting in his owners box watching the team he built in a near empty stadium.

I mean don't even sell your tickets. Eat them for one Sunday. This is the fans collectively turning their backs to the ownership, not the team. Watch them on TV, root for them, just let Dan sit in that stadium with his lackeys watching what he created.

I have not decided what if anything I would do. I am always the optimist but I will say I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. I do not know if any of this would do any good nor have I decided if I could ever participate in something like this. I am using this thread to help form a rational opinion so please post both aspects. I would like to see a good debate here.

Damn Huly. First Pez, now you? It truly is a dark time for Redskins Nation when two of the most loyal, passioate, and dedicated fans PERIOD I have ever met are running out of hope.

It has sucked the life out of many of us.

It's a different day and age. I believe that fans have more of an influence then you think. Some fanbases aren't as passionate as ours and we demand excellence. Our threshold has snapped and it's only going to get louder because we've only played five games and it's already loud as ****.

So like others. I respectfully, completely disagree.

+1.

Sooner or later Snyder will hear how pissed off many of the fans...or he won't because of the lack of people at the stadium.

There are people on here that I never thougth would speak out against Snyder and they are speaking out loud and clear.

I have no illusions about him selling the team...but if we don't hold the management accountable...then who will?

I have a feeling Danny boy is seriously going to start seeing some major declines on his profit margins. Many fans are fed up with it and don't want to spend anymore money on Redskins gear and/or games.

For Instance, I was in Champs this weekend, and for the first time I realized the racks were FULL of Redskins Jerseys and hats...now they may just have restocked, but most of the Capitals stuff was all sold out. This is the first sign and movement that fans can make to make a statement. As someone else stated on this thread already, the only way to hurt Danny is through his pockets.

The "Millen Revolt worked"

really?

Would you be content with 3-4 more losing seasons after this one before Snyder fired Vinny?

Because that's how long it took between the Millen Man March and his firing.

The Ford family fired Millen because his track record was indefensible-- not because the fans held a walk-out three years earlier.

I like the post by the OP.

The most importnat thing you said was referring to Snyder being more than willing to spend money...this is WHY I like Daniel Snyder.

Danny is young and probably has a great deal of pride...it's that very pride that I htink will one day bring a Title to this team...but in the mean time, I htink calling for his head is way out of line. We have been "soooo" close a couple of times...1999, a botched snap away form the NFCC game...2005...2007...yeah the wheels may be falling off right now, but this ship CAN get righted...

In the mean time, I will be cheering for our boys vs the Chiefs and hope they can pull a miracle vs Philly (we DID sweep them last year).

When we DO hoist the Lombardi Trophy, it'll make all the more sweet...

I actually think "spend the money" might be part of the problem as well...where is the incentive for these players? if I were to hit gold...I would make sure the gold keeps coming (play soft and make sure i stay healthy to get paid the big bucks)

+1.

Sooner or later Snyder will hear how pissed off many of the fans...or he won't because of the lack of people at the stadium.

There are people on here that I never thougth would speak out against Snyder and they are speaking out loud and clear.

I have no illusions about him selling the team...but if we don't hold the management accountable...then who will?

Exactly. Right now, he still has a full stadium and is making money every week. It's time to hold management accountable and there's only so many ways for us to do that.

Wow, Kleese coming over here to tell people what to think....again.

Not sure what that means Buford....

This is a message board....I think it's pretty much understood that whatever someone posts is an opinion.

My opinion is that fan revolts, paper bags, etc. have no discernable effect to make changes....I stated that opinion as best I could.

I made it pretty clear that I don't think anyone should be stopped from revolting-- just stating my opinion that it's a total waste of time.

Saints fans wore bags on their heads for 20 years....

Damn Huly. First Pez, now you? It truly is a dark time for Redskins Nation when two of the most loyal, passioate, and dedicated fans PERIOD I have ever met are running out of hope.

It has sucked the life out of many of us.

Our loyalty will never falter... our passion will never die.... our dedication will never stop in supporting the REDSKINS...

But... It is time to give the organization a swift kick in the pants...

It is like a parent to a child... we will never stop loving our redskins.... but it is time to break out the belt and give them a good ass whoopin...

really?

Would you be content with 3-4 more losing seasons after this one before Snyder fired Vinny?

Because that's how long it took between the Millen Man March and his firing.

The Ford family fired Millen because his track record was indefensible-- not because the fans held a walk-out three years earlier.

Spin it all you want, but he should've been fired several years prior because of his "track record", but the Ford family was loyal to him ala Snyder to Vinny for reasons nobody can explain.

You are clearly in the minority in regards to your OP.

The germans didn't do anything either and they became a nazi state, when they had the opportunity to stop the rising of the third reich. Of course the rising of the third reich is larger in scope than the redskins and their fans BUT if you just let Snyder continue to make these odd moves that cause the team to be a laughingstock than you're no worse than the germans (joke)

I always knew we were no better than the Germans. We suck.

Our loyalty will never falter... our passion will never die.... our dedication will never stop in supporting the REDSKINS...

It is like a parent to a child... we will never stop loving our redskins.... but it is time to break out the belt and give them a good ass whoopin...

I couldn't I have put it in better words :). Thank you sir.

really?

If it meant a real rebuild and not just seasons of 7-9 through 9-7 to keep the fans happy (and spending), while ultimately going nowhere, then yes. I could take the losing. It isn't as if this current team and staff are ripe with potential to do big things. It's a pretty lousy organization from the top down.

You need to put that into your sig.

Very well said.

The damage is done, in that regard Snyder has already "paid the price."

Redskins Nation is much smaller than it used to be and much less intense. No doubt. Our 20 years of misery have totally fractured the fanbase.

I'll be totally honest here....my opinion Redskins fans took it's first hit in 1994....I'd never been to RFK and only heard amazing stories about that place and our fans.

Well, in 1994 we stunk...we played a late season game against the 49ers...they whipped us. Lots of empty seats that day and no one really cared. I was very disappointed in the atmosphere.

Redskins fans are really no better or worse than other fans-- we just built up a very strong following in the 70's and 80's-- it was pretty easy to be a fan in those days. Do you really think RFK would have been "rocking" if we were 6-10 every year?

--I think people VASTLY overrate how much of Snyder's net worth revolves around ticket sales. And if it's only the "sales" that matter, then he's off the hook for the next several years at least as those tickets are already technically sold.

The damage is done, in that regard Snyder has already "paid the price."

Redskins Nation is much smaller than it used to be and much less intense. No doubt. Our 20 years of misery have totally fractured the fanbase.

I'll be totally honest here....my opinion Redskins fans took it's first hit in 1994....I'd never been to RFK and only heard amazing stories about that place and our fans.

Well, in 1994 we stunk...we played a late season game against the 49ers...they whipped us. Lots of empty seats that day and no one really cared. I was very disappointed in the atmosphere.

Redskins fans are really no better or worse than other fans-- we just built up a very strong following in the 70's and 80's-- it was pretty easy to be a fan in those days. Do you really think RFK would have been "rocking" if we were 6-10 every year?

--I think people VASTLY overrate how much of Snyder's net worth revolves around ticket sales. And if it's only the "sales" that matter, then he's off the hook for the next several years at least as those tickets are already technically sold.

There are ways we can get the message across... and we are working on it...

I know how you feel... that pit of despair in your stomach... I feel it too...

But I can't quit... I love this team too much... I will claw and scratch until the last minutes if I have to.

Spin it all you want, but he should've been fired several years prior because of his "track record", but the Ford family was loyal to him ala Snyder to Vinny for reasons nobody can explain.

You are clearly in the minority in regards to your OP.

The question is: Did the Lions fans help make change with the Millen Man March.

My answer: No. It took the Ford's three more years to pull their heads out their butts before they canned him.

I'm not debating whether or not the FO is doing a good job-- it's painfully clear they are not....but where i disagree with you and others is that fan revolts can make a difference....I can find no real historical data to back that up.

I can't really argue with the OP. I'm starting to think that organizations who do well just happen to get lucky and find quality guys to run the team.

The Angels were a mediocre franchise for almost it's entire existence... Mike Scoscia takes over and Arte Moreno buys the team, and wa-la, playoff contenders and division winners every year.

I hope I'm still alive the day that the Redskins get equally lucky, but I predict that as long as Snyder owns this team 1999, 2005, and 2007 will be as good as it gets folks. And as the OP said, there is not much that we fans can do about it.

There are ways we can get the message across... and we are working on it...

I know how you feel... that pit of despair in your stomach... I feel it too...

But I can't quit... I love this team too much... I will claw and scratch until the last minutes if I have to.

Hey, more power to you. Believe me, if you guys do it, I hope it works. But Dan ain't blind...he may be a bad owner, but he can see.

Our home games thus far have been sparsely attended and our team was booed off the field following a win---the Redskins are a joke and everyone knows it-- including Snyder.

Our home games thus far have been sparsely attended and our team was booed off the field following a win---the Redskins are a joke and everyone knows it-- including Snyder.

What will hurt is if season tickets really start dropping. I believe it already started this season, and next will bring an avalanche of non-renewals. I believe he already eats losses on unsold season tickets. If the number he has to eat becomes to great it will cause a drag on him financially.

Archived