Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ronnie Mervis wants to buy the Redskins.

evaflowin

Not sure yet... The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't know....

At least we know that Snyder re-invests profits back into the team...

Would Mervis do the same?

How do we know Mervis wouldn't end up being another Snyder?

Trust me... I am getting fed up with Snyder's antics as well, but I don't know anything about this guy other than the commercials I hear on the radio about his diamond mines

Not sure yet... The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't know....

How do we know Mervis wouldn't end up being another Snyder?

Trust me... I am getting fed up with Snyder's antics as well, but I don't know anything about this guy other than the commercials I hear on the radio about his diamond mines

Well I doubt he is going to buy the team anyways, but this is a good PR move to possibly embarrass Danny boy.

Everyone on this board should be signing this petition, Snyder is a joke, and Vinny is a total buffoon.

Sounds like a publicity stunt.

I was thinking the other day, how stupid it would be to be, if you had the money, to use it to buy a sports team. Its like paying a fortune to guarantee that everyone in the community hates you. Definitely a good money maker, especially if you have an NFL franchise, but most of the owners couldn't spend the money the money they have in their lifetimes. Remember how everyone used to love Danny - he was going to do whatever was necessary to make the Skins champions. And I think he legitimately tried. And failed.

Too bad this isn't common knowledge. A "Mervis" chant would be hilarious.

As an aside, someone should post a thread (I can't because I was banned and NNT for starting a thread titled "Burgundy Revolution," Danny S. must have been a mod that day) that coordinates chants/protests for gameday.

They may take our signs... but they won't take... OUR FREEDOM!

yellow41,

You're being a bit cheesey here. Sorry man, but you're coming across really badly even if your intent isn't terrible.

And PS: Who the hell is Ronnie Mervis?

ronnie mervis runs mervis diamond importers, hes this chubby south african guy who has awesome local radio commercials about plunging into caves for diamonds while earth movers sift the sands! lol, pardon my getting carried away with his famous diamond quotes.

i bought my fiances ring from him, hes a great guy, and hes obviously a pissed off fan, except hes a multi millionaire and could potentially have a little more impact than others.

He's a guy that owns local Diamond shops. Most people from this area can do a pretty good of his radio ads about the mines in Africa....where they cut out the middle man.

So my limited knowledge of diamond mines tells me he's probably got some pretty poor working conditions and he's probably not paying the people mining for him much money...

Yup. Definitely a guy I'd want as my owner. Him and Limbaugh would be a close last and second to last in my book...

But again, I'm assuming things here... And sometimes when you assume...

So I admit I'm probably wrong. Just outside looking in type stuff. So, feel free to tell me I'm wrong. I'd love to hear that in this case :)

How much success has it shown... ? What good is it to put money into the team when your pet monkey is the one spending it on whomever you tell him?

A cheap team going 8-8 doesn't mean any less to me than a costly team going 8-8.

I'd rather have a guy in here who blows things up and has to be thrifty than one who's like a kid in a candy store getting sick and vomiting all over the floor.

OK, here's the flip side. He's South African. He might not know that much about American football. So he might actually let someone who does know what they're doing run the team.

A novel concept for this franchise.

My guess is that Ronnie probably has $10 million or so.

That puts him about $1.5 billion short of what he would need.

My guess is that Ronnie probably has $10 million or so.

That puts him about $1.5 billion short of what he would need.

maybe hes just planning on pillaging redskins park with earth moving sand sifters!

but maybe ronnie has more than we think. remember that rich guys have rich friends, doesnt mean a group couldnt seriously consider doing it. and at least the idea would make dan look like an even bigger jackass.

yellow41,

You're being a bit cheesey here. Sorry man, but you're coming across really badly even if your intent isn't terrible.

And PS: Who the hell is Ronnie Mervis?

Fair enough. Want me to cut out the humor? Here we go:

I'm not much older than you, but older enough to have memories of the early and mid '80s. It does not by any stretch make me any more rabid a fan than you, but it does mean that some of my fondest childhood memories did center around those teams.

I am pissed about what's been going on the past decade. That's all.

You're entitled to think the way I express it is cheesey, but look around. We're all pissed off and there's not much any of us can do about it or jump off the ship entirely, which I'm not about to do.

Sign the petition or don't sign the petition, but at least be constructive.;

maybe hes just planning on pillaging redskins park with earth moving sand sifters!

but maybe ronnie has more than we think. remember that rich guys have rich friends, doesnt mean a group couldnt seriously consider doing it. and at least the idea would make dan look like an even bigger jackass.

I think this is just a publicity stunt.

An awesome one, but a stunt nonetheless.

Besides, do you really think Ronnie is going to pay retail for a sports franchise?

Nobody pays retails any more. Why should he?

:)

I just meant that those teams hold onto their money and they seem to do just fine.

I meant that he probably had some slave type labor going on in Africa... Nothing to do with football.. And I'm still hoping someone comes in and tells me I'm wrong.

Archived