Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fisher On the Hot Seat?

kwitt

Billick was firmly in the hot seat before the 13-3 season that I don't think a lot of people saw coming. It saved his job for another year but it was time for him to go. I don't see that with Fisher.

Well, we have Phillips going 13-3 and still being on the hot seat...we have Marty going 14-2 and getting fired lol...hey, in the NFL you WILL have owners and GMs who will start to look elsewhere, regardless of that "recent 13-3 season", especially if it's going on 7 years since your last postseaason success (or 12 in the case of the Cowboys lol :D )...

Ego lol :cool:...If you're the coach that gets the Redskins turned around, not only does it polish up your resume, you'll ALSO have an owner in your corner who's willing to shell out huge bucks and pretty much do whatever it takes to keep you around. And if you fail, nobody alive would blame you, they'd all blame Snyder, even if Snyder didn't deserve the blame lol...

I don't think any coach has an ego big enough to think they can overcome the nonsense that is the Skins organization. Every coach has seen what's happened with the coaches here with Snyder, and everyone knows what working for Snyder means, and I doubt there's anyone who is already an established coach who wants to put up with that, unless they're just looking to cash a check.

I don't think any coach has an ego big enough to think they can overcome the nonsense that is the Skins organization. Every coach has seen what's happened with the coaches here with Snyder, and everyone knows what working for Snyder means, and I doubt there's anyone who is already an established coach who wants to put up with that, unless they're just looking to cash a check.

I'm pretty sure Marty did lol :yes:...he was bashing Snyder in the media like crazy before he agreed to be the Skins' head coach.

And right now what they're seeing of Snyder is an owner who has a coach that could probably be justifiably fired in mid-season, but isn't...they're seeing an owner who seems more than comfortable going out and getting his coach and GM whoever they want...they see an owner who has no problem paying them huge salaries...they see an owner who was able to lure Gibbs out of retirement, and who was willing to give Marty full control over personnell and roster moves. Don't kid yourselves, there are a LOT of "established" veteran coaches who would LOVE to have that kind of control, and if they think Snyder might be realistically willing to give it to them, they'll talk seriously to the man about taking the job.

I'm pretty sure Marty did lol :yes:...he was bashing Snyder in the media like crazy before he agreed to be the Skins' head coach.

Exactly...and everyone saw what happened to Marty. I don't think many people are willing to walk the same ledge they've seen multiple people fall from already.

Exactly...and everyone saw what happened to Marty. I don't think many people are willing to walk the same ledge they've seen multiple people fall from already.

Read my edited post lol :yes:...not to mention that Snyder was WORSE with Norv than he was with Marty...which was a huge reason why Marty was bashing Snyder in the press as an NFL commentator to begin with. If Marty could overlook all of that and agree to work under Snyder, then all bets are off as far as I'm concerned. And if Snyder is willing to give THAT much control over to a guy who was bashing him nonstop in the media, then that says quite a bit about how other coaches might view him.

And right now what they're seeing of Snyder is an owner who has a coach that could probably be justifiably fired in mid-season, but isn't...they're seeing an owner who seems more than comfortable going out and getting his coach and GM whoever they want...they see an owner who has no problem paying them huge salaries...they see an owner who was able to lure Gibbs out of retirement, and who was willing to give Marty full control over personnell and roster moves. Don't kid yourselves, there are a LOT of "established" veteran coaches who would LOVE to have that kind of control, and if they think Snyder might be realistically willing to give it to them, they'll talk seriously to the man about taking the job.

Then why didn't they get anyone the last time they had an opening? Do you think Zorn was their first choice? Of course not. Other than Fassel, probably other guys just didn't want to work for Snyder and Cerrato.

And Snyder's not willing to give guys whoever they want, he's willing to sign the biggest free agent every offseason, whether he fits the system or not, so he can make a splash and see the Redskins in the headlines.

I thought about starting a thread on this but then remembered how great of a head coach he is and that there is no way he makes it out of Tennessee. Even if he did, there is no way that he would coach the Redskins after how Snyder screwed his best friend Gregg Williams. Someone should make a list of all the coaches that we have no shot at because of his poor business ethics.

Read my edited post lol :yes:...not to mention that Snyder was WORSE with Norv than he was with Marty...which was a huge reason why Marty was bashing Snyder in the press as an NFL commentator to begin with. If Marty could overlook all of that and agree to work under Snyder, then all bets are off as far as I'm concerned. And if Snyder is willing to give THAT much control over to a guy who was bashing him nonstop in the media, then that says quite a bit about how other coaches might view him.

Uhhhh.....and Marty got canned after one season because Snyder couldn't stand giving up that much control.

Archived