Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News: It Is Time To Fire Cerrato And Zorn Now

Gibbsisgod2006

The title of this thread is misleading. I was expecting a legitimate Sporting News writer to be the author, not Joe Blow from the District.

This blog didn't have one original idea in it and was horribly written. I can't believe a thread was made about it. Then again, I can't believe I'm commenting about it in the first place, so... touche.

Just watched the wednesday interview with Zorn and damn it's more obvious than ever that he is way over his head!!!!

I never heard so much babbling in all my life

We are so freakin screwed.... the we need to adjust this a little,coach a little harder,tweak there mechanics:doh::doh::doh:

This goof ball is just another screw up from the totally clueless F.O.

The Sporting News needs to reconsider letting that quality of writing slip onto their website. I found it extremely poor writing, with poor transitions of logic and questionable use of adjectives.

Oh yes, did I forget to mention my impression that the conclusions were unsufficiently supported, and essentially 'half-baked?'

Whether you like or dislike Cerrato and Zorn --please recognize that this was a badly written article.

I can think of many people on Extremeskins who can craft posts that are far better than this piece. Hopefully Sporting News didn't pay much for that article.

...Okay, I've calmed down now. I'll just assume that 'writer' was having a bad day when writing that piece.

Wow, I could not agree more with this. Vinny is a complete moron, I think the 2008 draft could go down as one of the worst ever, if it Vinny hadn't got lucky on Chris Horton it definitely would have. I still cannot believe he took a Tight End in the 2nd round when we have one of the best in league in Cooley and a solid backup in Yoder. Then to take TWO FREANKING WIDE RECIEVERS!! I think Vinny must have been drunk, that could be the only excuse other then being mildly retarded.

So, if Vinny is a retard and Danny his king, that would make Dan the king of retards. Yes/no?

This is a great article on Cerrato and some insight behind the facade.

He didn't really contribute to San Fran's success. It was already great before he got there. He was an assistant to the assistant. he was NOT the GM there.

he has been the GM here and needs... to... be.... FIRED.

The Sporting News needs to reconsider letting that quality of writing slip onto their website. I found it extremely poor writing, with poor transitions of logic and questionable use of adjectives.

Oh yes, did I forget to mention my impression that the conclusions were unsufficiently supported, and essentially 'half-baked?'

Whether you like or dislike Cerrato and Zorn --please recognize that this was a badly written article.

I can think of many people on Extremeskins who can craft posts that are far better than this piece. Hopefully Sporting News didn't pay much for that article.

...Okay, I've calmed down now. I'll just assume that 'writer' was having a bad day when writing that piece.

Can you support your conclusions. I found it great. Do some research on Vinny and prove it otherwise.

Firing Zorn now isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He single handidly cost the team the Detroit game despite the QB not seeing open receivers all day, and the team has no identity because of him.

He'll just continue to put the OTHER team in the best spot to win games, and I don't think I can continue to stomach that for the rest of the year. If Zorn was going to learn anything he would have done it by now. Nope, that all stopped after the 6-2 start and he started the "hip hip hoorays" in the locker room. At the halfway point of last season he became full of himself and the learning stopped and there is no turning back now.

Jim Zorn is done. He's not going to magically become a better leader, and he definitely isn't good enough to teach Jason Campbell how to read a defense, so why wait?

Get someone in here who at least knows the game well enough to kick a FG on 4th down on the road and someone who knows better than to give a team another chance at a first down when driving at midfield.

Shannahan runs a version of the WCO so it wouldn't be like cleaning house if he came in now. Also, you might see more rollouts and less reads for Campbell to make so it'll be easier for him to find the open receiver.

Teams have changed coaches mid-season before, and many think SF would have had a better year last year had they moved to Singletary earlier. I just don't see any positives to keeping Zorn around when the writing is already on the wall that he just doesn't have what it takes to get the Skins where they want to go. You are at risk of losing the fanbase and huge revenues if you don't do something fast, Snyder. Time to get it in gear.

btw, that article was horrible I don't think I've seen that many grammatical errors since 3rd grade. :whoknows:

Firing Zorn now isn't necessarily a bad thing.

He single handidly cost the team the Detroit game despite the QB not seeing open receivers all day, and the team has no identity because of him.

He'll just continue to put the OTHER team in the best spot to win games, and I don't think I can continue to stomach that for the rest of the year. If Zorn was going to learn anything he would have done it by now. Nope, that all stopped after the 6-2 start and he started the "hip hip hoorays" in the locker room. At the halfway point of last season he became full of himself and the learning stopped and there is no turning back now.

Jim Zorn is done. He's not going to magically become a better leader, and he definitely isn't good enough to teach Jason Campbell how to read a defense, so why wait?

Get someone in here who at least knows the game well enough to kick a FG on 4th down on the road and someone who knows better than to give a team another chance at a first down when driving at midfield.

Shannahan runs a version of the WCO so it wouldn't be like cleaning house if he came in now. Also, you might see more rollouts and less reads for Campbell to make so it'll be easier for him to find the open receiver.

Teams have changed coaches mid-season before, and many think SF would have had a better year last year had they moved to Singletary earlier. I just don't see any positives to keeping Zorn around when the writing is already on the wall that he just doesn't have what it takes to get the Skins where they want to go. You are at risk of losing the fanbase and huge revenues if you don't do something fast, Snyder. Time to get it in gear.

btw, that article was horrible I don't think I've seen that many grammatical errors since 3rd grade. :whoknows:

this man shoud be our beloved and someties hated team gm after this post

It was badly written but was it actually written by one of their guys or was it a fan blog or something.

Didn't look professional to me. Looks more like a disgruntled Redskins fan, like me, except this one couldn't spell.

Yep. Sounded like an Extremskins crazy fan.

No one is arguing that VC should be gone. But articles like this don't do anything to help the cause or to strengthen the arguments.

Teams have changed coaches mid-season before, and many think SF would have had a better year last year had they moved to Singletary earlier. I just don't see any positives to keeping Zorn around when the writing is already on the wall that he just doesn't have what it takes to get the Skins where they want to go. You are at risk of losing the fanbase and huge revenues if you don't do something fast, Snyder. Time to get it in gear. :whoknows:

I couldn't agree more. The only chance of Zorn making it to next season rests on the miracle of all miracles happening. And it ain't gonna happen. So Snyder should man up and bring in Shanny now.

I couldn't agree more. The only chance of Zorn making it to next season rests on the miracle of all miracles happening. And it ain't gonna happen. So Snyder should man up and bring in Shanny now.

Zorn is not only the HC, he coaches the QBs, he's the o. coord. and the calls the plays. We would go backwards.

We are 1-2. One loss coming by 6 points and the other coming by 5 points. Fire Zorn now and we go into the Dan Snyder circle.

Judge him after week 17.

Zorn is not only the HC, he coaches the QBs, he's the o. coord. and the calls the plays. We would go backwards.

We are 1-2. One loss coming by 6 points and the other coming by 5 points. Fire Zorn now and we go into the Dan Snyder circle.

Judge him after week 17.

We're already going backwards:hysterical:

And there is no escaping the Snyder circle. At the very least get someone in here who knows how to call the game and put the TEAM in it's best spot to win games.

Nobody is suggesting that a move now will save the season, but if your bus driver keeps getting in accidents at least find someone who will get everyone home safely. Everyone might be late to their next destination, but safety is key.

We're already going backwards:hysterical:

And there is no escaping the Snyder circle. At the very least get someone in here who knows how to call the game and put the TEAM in it's best spot to win games.

Nobody is suggesting that a move now will save the season, but if your bus driver keeps getting in accidents at least find someone who will get everyone home safely. Everyone might be late to their next destination, but safety is key.

Precisely. I'm already looking ahead to next season.

I KNOW that sure we're ONLY 1-2 but lets be honest with ourselves about what we have seen so far.

We aren't going to make a miracle run this year. It's just not going to happen. Sure it'd be nice if it did but...

I have watched Zorns offense move the ball up and down the field since he came here. Before we fire him, I would just like to see this offense run by Collins. I still think he get's us into the endzone, and finds these open receivers that JC can't seem to find. That is the difference in having a winning and losing team, and after the Lions games, I am all for the change now. We don't have a dayum thing to lose by changing QB's, we just got beat by an 0-20 team I believe :doh:

This entire situation rests on Cerrato & Snyder's shoulders. They knew Zorn struggled last year with all of his coaching duties (head coach, QB Coach, OC, etc.) but they did NOTHING in the off season to help him: Hire an experienced OC, an experienced Assitant OC, a QB coach, ANYTHING.

Now they (VC & DS) have watched 3 horrid offensive performances from the HC they hired. And what have they done to help him? NOTHING. Again.

I don't blame the situation on Zorn. His inexperience is showing, but the supporting cast above him has sat idle and offered no assistance. Again.

I"M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evilg: :saber: :evilg:

I'm tired of this piece of dung F.O. and I knew that bringing Zorn here was a bad idea!!!! The first thing to go was Gibb's running game that Zorn said he would not touch and he did!!! This pansy knows nothing about Redskin's football and besides we are not the damn 49ers or seahawks!!!!!

WE ARE NOT WEST COAST FOOTBALL YOU DIP**** VINNY!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME !!!!!!!

DANNY BOY IS AN IDIOT FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT BRINGING IT HERE AND A BIGGER ONE FOR KEEPING VINNY HERE!!!

YOU WANT TO BE SMART LIKE JERRY JONES?

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT GET RID OF VINNY ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEET! That makes two of us now. Not quite a movement yet, but we're making progress!

Archived