Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

news.yahoo.com: State to mom: Stop baby-sitting neighbors' kids

Thiebear

Any folks in this thread got a proposal for how to write a law that allows what's going on, here, but doesn't allow Michael Jackson to open an after-school play land?

1) Those seem to be 2 completely separate scenarios: the first situation seems to have more to do with MONEY (unless there is more to this story than has been originally reported, which is highly likely), and the second situation has more to do with protection of children from someone suspected of improper behavior with minors.

2) Why does a completely obscure, and now irrelavent, example even have to be involved here?

1) Those seem to be 2 completely separate scenarios: the first situation seems to have more to do with MONEY (unless there is more to this story than has been originally reported, which is highly likely), and the second situation has more to do with protection of children from someone suspected of improper behavior with minors.

2) Why does a completely obscure, and now irrelavent, example even have to be involved here?

Do you believe that MJ was the only pedophile on earth and, now that he's gone, we shouldn't be concerned that pedophiles might operate unlicensed daycare centers and molest children?

Do you believe that MJ was the only pedophile on earth and, now that he's gone, we shouldn't be concerned that pedophiles might operate unlicensed daycare centers and molest children?
Yes MR, of course that's what I believe. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking there might be a little discretion that could be used between a mother watching her friends' kids for an hour in the morning (if that, in fact, is the case is this situation) and a pedophile opening up an afterschool "playland" for children. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm confident in your guys' legal expertise and abilities in being able to distinguish between these scenarios :thumbsup:

P.S. Completely off topic, and I'm sure you are well aware of this, but Michael Jackson was never convicted of child molestation, so I think it's unfair to label him a pedophile. Weird and tortured, yes, but as far as the law is concerned, not a child molestor.

P.S. Completely off topic, and I'm sure you are well aware of this, but Michael Jackson was never convicted of child molestation, so I think it's unfair to label him a pedophile. Weird and tortured, yes, but as far as the law is concerned, not a child molestor.

Well, Polanski was never convicted of rape either.

Doesn't change that I think he is a lowlife POS.

Again, I see his and MJ's cases as completely different scenarios as Polanski admitted drugging and having sex with a child (automatically making him a sick POS in my view) whereas MJ never admitted it and the evidence, at least the evidence I am aware of, was pretty shoddy as far as I'm concerned (making it a lot more of a grey area for me to automatically write him off as a sick, child-raping POS...).

Regardless, that's not the topic of this thread so I'll stop talking about it here and just address the actual case pertaining to this thread from here on out :)

actually he was convicted, he jumped to Europe before sentencing. iirc

PS< typically these types of laws are promoted by Democrats...just sayin.

Yes MR, of course that's what I believe. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking there might be a little discretion that could be used between a mother watching her friends' kids for an hour in the morning (if that, in fact, is the case is this situation) and a pedophile opening up an afterschool "playland" for children. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm confident in your guys' legal expertise and abilities in being able to distinguish between these scenarios :thumbsup:

I didn't label him a pedophile, you did. When you were explaining the vast difference between a pedophile and the woman next door.

Problem is, the reason laws like this get written is because sometimes the woman next door is a pedophile. That's why they require licensing and background checks.

How do you write a law that allows the person in this story (who I assume is simply a nice person) who's volunteering to have a bunch of kids over to her place every day, and doesn't allow Person X who's volunteering to have a bunch of kids over to his house every day?

How do you write a law that allows the person in this story (who I assume is simply a nice person) who's volunteering to have a bunch of kids over to her place every day, and doesn't allow Person X who's volunteering to have a bunch of kids over to his house every day?

You don't write the stupid ass law,you allow parents to use their judgment and enforce the laws against pedophiles and abusers when it occurs.

Innocent until proven guilty and freedom of association esse.

You don't write the stupid ass law,you allow parents to use their judgment and enforce the laws against pedophiles and abusers when it occurs.

Innocent until proven guilty and freedom of association esse.

Ah, got it.

Society should have no regulations attempting to see to it that day care centers are safe. You allow parents to use their judgment.

Think of the money we can save on background checks.

I didn't label him a pedophile, you did. When you were explaining the vast difference between a pedophile and the woman next door.

Wrong. The first time "pedophile" was used in a post of mine was responding to MR's post which talked about pedophiles.

Regardless, who cares? I agree with TWA that a stupid law doesn't even need to be written for this.

Ah, got it.

Society should have no regulations attempting to see to it that day care centers are safe. You allow parents to use their judgment.

Think of the money we can save on background checks.

We are not talking about daycare centers are we :chair:

Business is of course regulated as are sex offenders

added

How far are we gonna let them go?

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=847190

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- Seventh-grader Adam Marino is getting a firsthand lesson in civil disobedience.

The 12-year-old and his mother, Janette Kaddo Marino, are defying Saratoga Springs school policy by biking to Maple Avenue Middle School on Route 9. The Jackson Street residents pedal more than four miles together each way to the middle school on nice days despite being told not to by school officials and police.

"I guess you can say that we continue to do what we feel is our right," Kaddo Marino said recently. "We feel strongly we have a right to get to school by a mode of transportation we deem appropriate."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=847190#ixzz0SeMcg2Jn

Archived