Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capitals 09-10 Offseason Thread (Thread Closed; mods please lock)

Sticksboi05

I just hope everyone realizes this

As long as the team is in the top 8 most of the season its all gravy

Nothing really matters until late Feb, and March during the playoff push. Want to enter in playing well

After that, its all about June hockey and the regular season doesn't mean squat

Just look at Pittsburgh and where they were on February 24th, 2009. You would have never thought they would sniff the Finals, much less make the playoffs

I just hope everyone realizes this

As long as the team is in the top 8 most of the season its all gravy

Nothing really matters until late Feb, and March during the playoff push. Want to enter in playing well

After that, its all about June hockey and the regular season doesn't mean squat

Just look at Pittsburgh and where they were on February 24th, 2009. You would have never thought they would sniff the Finals, much less make the playoffs

That's one sad thing lol. You get so good that regular non "hyped" or rivalry games don't matter. All I want to see is improved D and the rise of Varlamov.

Oh ill be watching to see if Ovechkin can hit 70!

Why don't we just keep this in the NHL forum until the playoffs start? :whoknows:

There is a reason they are down there :)

Having the Caps in the Tailgate is FAR more appropriate than having any College football here (they can stay 'down' in the NCAA forums if that is the deal).:D

Anyway, love the Caps being back in season. I'll be there Saturday night and cheering my head off.

My concern is the FO didn't address the issues on the D-Line. Unless they make a trade or two, I fear the Caps will end up in the same place as last season, on top of their division but out of the playoffs early. Hope I'm wrong.

Well folks get ready! Hockey season is finally here! Now if you do not support the Capitals, sorry you aren't a true D.C. sports fan but for those that do, is this the year we put it all together and make a run for the Cup? The young defenders from Hershey are here, Varlamov will likely start, we've added Knuble to help Ovechkin on the first line. Prediction, comments? This will be a great thread to get away from the joke of a team known as the Washington Redskins. Rock the Red, and let's get ready for another SE Division championship. Ovechkin, does he win MVP #3 in a row?

First Game: Oct 1 @ 7 PM, VERSUS

Capitals @ Bruins

And I will be up here in Boston preparing to lay it in when they lose!

It's killing me. I don't get Versus because of some outrageous demand by Comcast. Guess I'll have to go watch the game at the Front Page in Arlington but what a joke that Direct TV cancelled Versus

It's killing me. I don't get Versus because of some outrageous demand by Comcast. Guess I'll have to go watch the game at the Front Page in Arlington but what a joke that Direct TV cancelled Versus
:secret: Comcast has it; DTV doesn't :D

:secret: Comcast has it; DTV doesn't :D

Comcast sucks - the vast majority of people I know with the service agree.

I'll gladly take the annoyance of heading to a friends house a few times this season over dealing with the crappy prices, equipment, and service that horrible company provides.

Seriously, I don't know anyone that watches Versus on a regular basis - the programming on the channel sucks 99% of the time.

Comcast will realize their crap network will fold without DirecTV soon enough or the NHL will take the next contract somewhere else or to NHL Network - either way we'll be fine.

I thought I heard that Theo was going to be the starting goalie when regular season rolls around, and that Varly was still going to be second string but getting a few games of his own. Anyone know how they're going to do it?

Yup, Theo is the starter for now and Varly'll spell him.

I found this from yesterday, don't know if it's still the case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/28/AR2009092803083.html

The Capitals defended their Southeast Division title last season despite inconsistent goaltending from Jos? Theodore, who won 32 games but ranked 36th in goals against average (2.87) and 37th in save percentage (.900) in the regular season. After a shaky debut in the playoffs, he was promptly replaced by Semyon Varlamov. Theodore entered training camp as the No. 1 goalie -- and in the final year of his contract -- but is under considerable pressure from Varlamov and Michal Neuvirth. If Theodore gets off to another slow start, Boudreau could find himself in a tough spot. Varlamov and Neuvirth -- both 21 -- have plenty of potential but a combined 24 games of NHL regular season and postseason experience.

Man I can't wait for tonight! I can't wait to see how Knuble meshes with our offense. He should be a beast on garbage goals. And I can't even imagine how sick we'll be if Morrison has a rebound year. The defense is still weak and I can't wait for Carlson and Alzner to get some more time. Nylander has handicapped the team for now with his salary. But it is McPhee's fault for giving him that salary in the first place. Oh well, I'm just happy we'll finally have a winning team in Washington to cheer for. 3-1 Caps tonight, Theodore impresses.

Oh im not paying LOL but you can keep your pixelated channels and crappy DVR.. FIOS has had not one issue with either of those since i got it in August ;)

At least we can agree on one thing.

Comcast sucks!

(The Fios DVR kind of sucks too but the HD is great)

Enjoy your crappy picture ACW.

Archived