Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a little slow, but USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) commissioned

Guest Matt Kyriacou

If anyone deserves the honor, its Ronald Reagan. I haven't had the same good feeling about any of the last three Presidents but, of course, in my view, I'm comparing them to the gold standard.

I loved the name change of Washington National Airport to Reagan Washington National Airport.......

wasn't there some clip from congress debating this?

"We need to name it after a great leader of this nation!"

"It already is!"

"Who?"

"George Washington!"

hello? why not rename the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Vets wall? Strom just passed and Trent isn't getting any younger.

I got nothing against Ronnie.....you named a Federal Building after him....you want to name a ship...cool....how about a Statue somewhere? No need for the airport.

And as far as the Aircraft carrier......I would of preferred the U.S.S. Axl Rose. He's dead....right?

I heard that this was the first time in Naval history that a ship was named after a LIVING person. I can't think of a better person(ex president) that this honor was giving to.

Matt Kyriacou, I can bet you that we will NEVER see a USS Slick Willy. Naming a ship after someone goes to someone with HONOR.

We all know that wasen't Bill Clinton.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by skinsfan44

Matt Kyriacou, I can bet you that we will NEVER see a USS Slick Willy. Naming a ship after someone goes to someone with HONOR.

We all know that wasen't Bill Clinton.

Thanks for the assist, but that is exactly what I was trying to say sarcastically by leaving the question open ended and rhetorical.

:cool:

Archived