Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photos from the front lines: The 9/12 Rally on DC

Spaceman Spiff

I rolled on down to the rally on Saturday with my Mom. I lean to the right, but my parents are pretty extreme. Dad was supposed to go too but bailed so I didn't want my mom to go alone. I figured it'd be good for some photo ops and I was right. Some good signs, some funny, some bad ones and some just straight up :doh: worthy.

First of all:

3921180033_d1a97854e6.jpg

I saw this guy on the metro on the way down there. Funny thing was, he was with his family...his wife and like 3 kids. I have no idea what "I'd Hit That" has to do with a bike, but I think its a prime example of someone not knowing what the slang term is. Figured I'd share with you guys since "I'd Hit It" always comes up in babe threads and the like. I got a good laugh.

Some of the favorites:

3921186599_ecac585fb1.jpg

3921186639_3afd35ffba.jpg

3921185965_a99ce014fd.jpg

3921181685_66b9d74abc.jpg

3921964160_04c550cd64.jpg

3921179607_0cbeb0d813.jpg

3921182195_97d4769a50.jpg

3921183057_6e59740f5d.jpg

3921184945_c5a0575714.jpg

Here are the rest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8037331@N08/sets/72157622373388064/

Feel free to post the ones you like/hate and opine.

The bike t-shirt is a dig against "greeners" who ride bikes instead of driving cars--the "i'd hit that" means basically "hit the stupid hippy on the bike with your car."

ya see it and hear that rhetoric around my locale (and Seattle) cuz bikes and "greeners" are popular so there's notable reactionary backlash.

The bike t-shirt is a dig against "greeners" who ride bikes instead of driving cars--the "i'd hit that" means basically "hit the stupid hippy on the bike with your car."

ya see it and hear that rhetoric around my locale (and Seattle) cuz bikes and "greeners" are popular so there's notable reactionary backlash.

I'm pretty sure that's not what it is.

Dunno, I couldn't tell what was surrounding the bike. It didn't look like a jump or anything. And there's no car anywhere trying to hit the bike.

That is exactly what it means. Certain conservatives (not all) have decided that bike riding is a sign of evil liberalism.

Ive seen the same "I'd hit that" on a shirt with a picture of a baby seal. Same joke, same kind of wearer.

That is exactly what it means. Certain conservatives (not all) have decided that bike riding is a sign of evil liberalism.

Ive seen the same "I'd hit that" on a shirt with a picture of a baby seal. Same joke, same kind of wearer.

Spiff said it was just a guy on the metro with his family, I kinda doubt they were protesting. And why would the bike have a GT on it. That's a brand. I got into mountain biking alot when I moved out here to Seattle and I'm still relatively sure this is simply a mountain bike shirt and a play on words. Spiff did it look like this family was going to the protests? Also it's clearly a downhill or free ride bike, one you might use to "hit" big jumps or hucking as they call it. Anyways, I still think it's nothing but a play on words and it's a manufacturer bike shirt.

Cool pix Spiff. Thanks.

I'm curious, what is your estimate of the size of the crowd there?

I'm honestly not sure. First of all, I'm awful at estimating things like that. And there's no real frame of reference, it's not like sitting around in FedEx and guessing that the place is 90% full. There was a giant crowd everywhere you looked. The streets itself were pretty crowded, though the sidewalks were fairly clear.

I think we got down there around 10 and walked down to the Capital by 12. Turned around and walked back to the metro and there was still a good sized crowd still headed to the Capital...but by the time we got to the metro (3-4 blocks) it had thinned out considerably.

I will say the people that are saying 2 million are full of crap. Although I talked to one guy on the metro on the way home who spoke with an FBI guard outside of an FBI building. He said that they estimated around a million, so who knows.

Spiff said it was just a guy on the metro with his family, I kinda doubt they were protesting. And why would the bike have a GT on it. That's a brand. I got into mountain biking alot when I moved out here to Seattle and I'm still relatively sure this is simply a mountain bike shirt and a play on words. Spiff did it look like this family was going to the protests? Also it's clearly a downhill or free ride bike, one you might use to "hit" big jumps or hucking as they call it. Anyways, I still think it's nothing but a play on words and it's a manufacturer bike shirt.

Nah, they didn't look like they were going to the protest. Not compared to the other people around, thats for sure.

You know how I know this guy is gay? He has a shirt with two men kissing on it.

That has to be one of the douchiest, most overcompensating guys I've ever seen on the Intertubes. He's so far in the closet that he could tell us all about Narnia. What a joke.

It's funny to me the controversy about how many people were actually there.

A few years back, these same douchebags were calling black men who attended the million man march liars when they complained about crowd estimates. Now they're whining too.

Archived