Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We might find out if Saddam had ties to 9-11 now

jbooma

This might get interesting.

I have a question for all the people bashing the war. If we are able to with the help of this guy show that saddam had ties to 9-11 then what are your feelings now about the war?

(CNN) -- An Iraqi intelligence officer, who was reported to have met with September 11 hijacker Mohamed Atta, is in U.S. hands, officials said.

A senior Pentagon official said U.S. military forces picked up Ahmed al Ani last week in Iraq but could not say whether he remained in military custody.

Al Ani had been sought by the military and FBI, the official said.

Shortly after the September 11, 2001, attacks, Czech Republic authorities told U.S. officials that they had evidence that al Ani met Atta in Prague the previous April.

Guest Matt Kyriacou

The Left will still be gleefully pulling their pud while crying about the lack of WMD.

:jerkoff:

The next paragraph:

"However, U.S. officials said they had no evidence that Atta ever went to Prague and that there were indications he might have been in the United States at the time the meeting supposedly took place. "

It's best to post a link to the story so that people can read it minus selective editing.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/09/sprj.irq.main/index.html

Originally posted by sfrench

The next paragraph:

"However, U.S. officials said they had no evidence that Atta ever went to Prague and that there were indications he might have been in the United States at the time the meeting supposedly took place. "

It's best to post a link to the story so that people can read it minus selective editing.

Lies! Damn liberal lies! :rotflmao:

Originally posted by Bufford

This guy I knew, was dating this chick who's uncle saw this huge lab for WMD. Then he drank like 16 beers and his rock group won the Battle of the Bands!

Classic...:rotflmao: \\:finger: (sorry, I just wanted to use the flip off smiley)

Originally posted by sfrench

The next paragraph:

Nicely done.

Jbooma, this was very FoxNews-like of you.

well.....if you think the government is lying......how do you know that "U.S. government officials said...."........is true?

one would think that the gainsayers among you have a problem believing ANY government statement, not just the ones you disagree with for political reasons.......

because if the government is lying it is certainly lying to help promote its positions, not weaken them. If they say anything false that weakens their cause then they would be liars and fools.

The deceit issue is hard isn't it? I mean if I ask anyone on this board- are politicians honest- I bet I'd get a resounding no. Yet, when you question the specific honor or honesty of a politician then it gets hairy. We do feel protective. I know I do not want to believe a President would knowingly lie to help achieve his aim of war. In this case, I do think he exaggerated or stressed maybes as absolutes... which is gray lying, but... I don't know. Calling a President, calling Powell, all of them liars... that's pretty rough. We seem to be learning about multiple cases now where what we were told was the truth even at the time was considered questionable within the government or proven wrong. That does cause worry unless you are a "the ends justify the means" kind of guy"

you give government too much credit....that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing/saying......

so...the standard is believe it if it is not in the government's interest, disbelieve if it is! what a nice self-affirming equation!!!! but I understand actually. I feel the same way about the NYTs and just about every liberal news source/environmental/pro-abortion organization out there! I automatically assume the logic is twisted and the data fabricated........saves me a lot of head-aches!

what was the line in Cool Hand Luke?......"What wehave here is a failure to communicate"......sorry folks, expect worse before better happens anytime soon

yeah, it is an odd contradiction... but, not that hard to swallow. I really have difficulty believing that they out and out lied.. vestages of idealism, I suppose, but I do think that they are capable of it. Theilman's interview this morning on GMA was a little worriesome on this topic, talking about how many layers of screening the speech supposedly went through and that no one caught it either that day, or in the weeks ahead as they repeated the same disproved report.

Archived